Pathetic Sydney Roosters Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then.........No more AND THEN!!

i think brisbane actually prefer sunday arvos. we get big crowds on friday nights because the NRL schedules us to play on friday nights because of TV ratings, and therefore if people want to go to a broncos game they have to go on the friday night.

you could schedule Broncos games for 10pm on a wednesday night and theyd still probably get more people than 99% of sydney games get on a friday/saturday/sunday. brisbane loves rugby league, and they go to the games to prove it. sydney care about rugby league when their team is winning, and when they dont have better things to do.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd tttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ScreenShot3617.jpg

Or you just painted yourself as a doofus.

Either and or.

The Rock said:
Have I?

You guys are getting boring. Next debate: Folau is really a New South Welshman.

And if he was NSW would properly not select him anyway.

Or pick him at five-eighth or prop.

How many Sunday games did the Broncos receive last season? Or have we received since the Titans came in?

We generally always receive Friday night games which is a much bigger hassle than Sunday afternoon games. Hell, Sydney fans were even complaining how many Friday night games we receive despite the fact that we only receive them so 9 can broadcast a NSW and QLD game.

Coxy said:

According to Mundine I doubt Inglis would've gotten a look in either way given his race, which when you consider somebody like Blacklock and Peachey can become very understandable.

I wish this thread would die already.

Big Pete said:
Coxy said:

According to Mundine I doubt Inglis would've gotten a look in either way given his race, which when you consider somebody like Blacklock and Peachey can become very understandable.

And then blown away by Daley, Jennings, Idris, Bird, Hayne...sure, not all of them are aboriginal, but they're not all whities either.

Mundine was full of it. He, Blacklock and Peachey weren't picked because they weren't the best players. Period.

Which is why I said Mundine said, I don't want any part of it!

Although in 1999, Peachey was a better player than Ross. Just as Blacklock was a better player than Albert and Geyer.

Big Pete said:
Which is why I said Mundine said, I don't want any part of it!

Although in 1999, Peachey was a better player than Ross. Just as Blacklock was a better player than Albert and Geyer.

Peachey wasn't better than Ross.
Blacklock wasn't better than Geyer.

Peachey for mine was easily a better player than Ross. He definitely had more skill, was more influential and was a better runner. The only aspect of Ross' game that was better than Peachey's was his reliability. If that makes him a Origin player I can live with that, although I will stand by the fact in 1999 Peachey did deserve his place, he was in some form that year.

And again in 1999 Blacklock was. Same sort of argument as Peachey. To be fair, he was better than Albert and should've at least had one game to his name.

Nathan should've also been in-front of Ainscough and Moodie as well in the respective years they played for New South Wales.

My argument was Peachey wasn't a big game player. Possibly unfair because the Sharks were rarely in the "big games", but he never managed to go to that extra level.

Same with Blacklock.

Ross, however, performed very well in the Storm's charge to the 1999 premiership and thus proved he was a big match performer - not to mention his excellent Origin series that year.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
I agree that in general Broncos crowds are lacking in atmosphere. However, anyone who was at the Cowboys or Titans games knows it's capable of being a great atmosphere. And the bottom line is, energetic or not, they are there.

Are they "THERE" because they want to support their team by...just...being there or are they "there" because they don't have much else to do? [icon_wink Honest question, no baiting. Don't you ever wonder if they even really care about going to the game when they are so passionless? Do you ever wonder whether they just go to the game purely for the social aspect of it rather than anything else?

It goes without saying that despite some poor crowds in Sydney, even a 11,000 at Manly on a Monday night is still very vocal and into it. Give me 11,000 screaming fans over 30,000 deadshits any day of the week. (CEO won't agree with that purely for financial reasons, but from a spectator point of you, give me some passion any day)

What about our crowds at ANZ Stadium back in the time Coxy? We have some real poor crowds down there and people made excuses that it was because of how far away it was and the poor stadium in general.

Why can't Sydney use those excuses then? Poor facilities, poor location, poor transport etc.Why is it, that Brisbane can use those excuse for getting shit crowds back in 2001? (19710 average) but Sydney fans get drilled over those very same excuses? Doesn't seem fair to me.
Wow, your argument is so laaammmmeeeeee.
Do you seriously and this is a serious question, do you seriously think there's nothing better to do than watching footy?
There are lots of things to do even for a non drinker like myself on any night of the week but people still go to the footy because they want to SUPPORT their team, you know something half Syndey wouldn't know about because apparently it's a last resort to go to the games because there's so many better things to do than SUPPORT your team.

My family has been Sydney before and they will say it's really enjoyable but the, there's nothing better to do here as a reason we go to games is super lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • mystico
  • Harry Sack
  • Maddy
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Lostboy
  • cento
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • The Don
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Astro
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.