Pathetic Sydney Roosters Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nashy said:
Maybe Sydney just need more double headers.

Double penetration is particularly popular on Oxford Street.

Better than not even bothering to go along and watch at all

The Rock said:
If die-hard fan = sitting down and clapping your team with no passion then yeah, Brisbane is the heartland of rugby league.
so Brisbane people going and just watching the game means its not the heartland, but Sydney people NOT going and NOT watching the game makes Sydney the heartland?

The Rock said:
Sydney DO go to games, just not on Saturday nights.

Or Monday nights.
Or Sundays when the Easter Show is on.
Or Friday nights when some douchebag DJ is performing at a club.
Or any other day when the nightlife is just far too entertaining to bother going.
Or when there's roadwork.
Or when a train has broken down.
Or any other of the thousand excuses you've come up with for Sydney's overall pathetic support of rugby league for the last 30 years.

Yep. You've backed it up. You're wrong, you keep going with it, just give it up.

Your city isn't the heart of rugby league. Your cities fans are shit.

If you can't see it, then you are simply blinded with bias.

Nashy said:
If you can't see it, then you are simply blinded with bias.

The irony is he whinges about Anonymous Person for being blind with bias as well....

pot_kettle_black.jpg

Pretty sure you've only proven that fans from the "heartland of league" will only go to the footy if there is nothing else to do, Rocky.

Meat77 said:
Big Pete said:
SFS will need to be updated though.

Still can't believe how bush league it was for a big stadium.

How so?

Seating, the plastic seats are so bush league. If they updated that, and the facilities the place would be awesome and near comparison to Suncorp.

Otherwise, it's on par with the Olympic Stadium in Melbourne.

The Rock said:
So why am I more bias that you are guys are though? You're from Brisbane, you support the Broncos and you're saying Brisbane is the heart of rugby league.

I'm from Sydney, I support the Broncos and I'm saying Sydney is the heart of rugby league.

Trying to figure out why I'm more biased than you guys are. In fact, wouldn't I have the LEAST bias opinion considering my situation?

Twizted is from Sydney, he supports a Sydney team, and he's saying it's Brisbane. I think that's about as unbiased as you can get.

What do you want? Padded seats like you'd find in a corporate box?

The seats there aren't any different to any of the bigger stadiums around the country

They are different.

They're not fold up, they're the cheap seats you could find anywhere and they're far from comfortable.

Exactly.

Rock, guppy and Twiztid have shown by discussing specific instances, opinions and observations that Sydney as a whole has a culture that is ambivalent towards attending live sport. Various reasons have been presented.

What it comes down to is, if you believe them, Sydney people's attitude is "if I can't think of something better to do, then I'll go to the footy".

The mentality of most of us in Brisbane seems to be "There's footy on, let's go", with only exceptions being work commitments or prior family/friends engagements. And even going further to say "Origin's coming, gotta get my ticket" versus Sydney's "Origin's on...ho hum, will worry about it later".

Given live sport generates its atmosphere from the fans at the ground, how anyone can claim a city whose attitude is "footy is a good option when there's nothing else to do" can be the heartland of a spectator sport is quite simply beyond defence.

I agree that in general Broncos crowds are lacking in atmosphere. However, anyone who was at the Cowboys or Titans games knows it's capable of being a great atmosphere. And the bottom line is, energetic or not, they are there.

Yeah I'm no fan of the fold up seats myself. Though it's not just a space saver, it's also to assist in cleaning.

Well excuse me when I say the faded blue plastic seats at the SFS make the stadium look cheaper than it should. Considering how 'hip' Sydney is, I thought this problem would be averted.

They should have beads, and feather boa's attached. Attract more hip people to the grounds.

Big Pete said:
Well excuse me when I say the faded blue plastic seats at the SFS make the stadium look cheaper than it should. Considering how 'hip' Sydney is, I thought this problem would be averted.

The stadium is what, 22 years old now. Probably due a few upgrades.

The Rock said:
Coxy said:
I agree that in general Broncos crowds are lacking in atmosphere. However, anyone who was at the Cowboys or Titans games knows it's capable of being a great atmosphere. And the bottom line is, energetic or not, they are there.

Are they "THERE" because they want to support their team by...just...being there or are they "there" because they don't have much else to do?

Next time you visit Brisbane get someone here to take you out and show you the place abit more. icon_thumbs_u

The Valley is not the only club scene, we have this highway we go down and a neighbor called the Gold Coast. The best thing about suncorp being where it is as well, is the fact there are so many Clubs and Pubs around it that we can go to the game then go out after.

I guess in Sydney that don't know how to plan such events ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Mustafur
  • Spike
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.