Payne Haas Arrested

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
What's wrong with having a few drinks with some team mates after training.

hell in Walters day it was likely mandatory
He’s coming off a spoon, he’s meant to be a leader and Walters didn’t want an organised piss up for a very good reason.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Will be interesting to know if no post-training drinks were organised, or no post-training drinks were allowed. If it's the latter, I hope Kev tears that 20% of players new arsehole and suspends them for the first month. I don't give a **** if it essentially stuffs our season, if we really do have these entitled pricks eroding our culture, they'll be doing so for years to come if they aren't given a wake up call, or moved on if necessary.
Why give him a month off , make him earn his redemption with out pay . Hit them in the pocket where it hurts these young guys the most, sitting them out dosen't do shit imo

Last edited:

theshed

Return of the Mac
What happens next, depending on what courts and club find out, could potentially define Kev’s coaching career.

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
He is a deadset goose. Dumb as dogshit. Maybe he has a problem with authority, who knows. All i do know is he failed to co-operate with the NRL investigation, he was with Fifita with all that drama in Bali, he drove on a disqualified learner license while also on his phone. On top of that, he is a filthy cockroach and trouble seems to be following him around. Boot him out.
Geez......fucken really? So it's proving to be true that once again, he's acted a fuckhead?

I like Payne.....he's one of the very few shining lights left at the club (football talent wise). Do we hafta get rid of him just because he is young, dumb and ......

This is more than just a Payne Hass issue....this is a club issue. Can they not control these stupid cunts?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
TBF, you were in a gated community, so one of the safest areas on the GC to be living. You also weren’t going out to clubs or frequenting the dodgy areas like people of lower socioeconomic demographics. You were shielded.
I lived there for 5 of the 15 years., the rest was in normal neighbourhoods in the northern GC, some higher (Runaway Bay, Coomera Waters), some lower (Upper Coomera, Pimpama), some middle demographics (Coombabah, Parkwood).

You mean like going out to clubs in the Valley, the Cross, or even Collingwood...?
Lower socioeconomic demographics exist in every single city. I for one, would much prefer pretty much ANY GC suburb to most suburbs alongside the Logan Motorway, West Brisbane, Upper North Brisbane, Caboolture/Moorayfield, Deception Bay, etc...

Finally, as other people have said, if anyone considers the Gold Coast aggressive and toxic, they have lived a sheltered life without a clue about not only most of the world, but even just Australia.

Oh, and you still got robbed. I’ve never been robbed, ever.
Not while in that estate. I got robbed twice, once in Brisbane, once in Gold Coast...

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
Geez......fucken really? So it's proving to be true that once again, he's acted a fuckhead?

I like Payne.....he's one of the very few shining lights left at the club (football talent wise). Do we hafta get rid of him just because he is young, dumb and ......

This is more than just a Payne Hass issue....this is a club issue. Can they not control these stupid cunts?

Im not sure the Broncos can be held responsible for what these blokes do. All we can do as a club is make sure we dont sign idiots.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I lived there for 5 of the 15 years., the rest was in normal neighbourhoods in the northern GC, some higher (Runaway Bay, Coomera Waters), some lower (Upper Coomera, Pimpama), some middle demographics (Coombabah, Parkwood).

You mean like going out to clubs in the Valley, the Cross, or even Collingwood...?
Lower socioeconomic demographics exist in every single city. I for one, would much prefer pretty much ANY GC suburb to most suburbs alongside the Logan Motorway, West Brisbane, Upper North Brisbane, Caboolture/Moorayfield, Deception Bay, etc...

Finally, as other people have said, if anyone considers the Gold Coast aggressive and toxic, they have lived a sheltered life without a clue about not only most of the world, but even just Australia.

Not while in that estate. I got robbed twice, once in Brisbane, once in Gold Coast...
Cool. Still a shithole 😆

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
quotes from Payne Hass' Lawyer Campbell McCallum

“Payne was enjoying a night out with his wife having dinner and a few drinks,” Mr MacCallum told The Courier-Mail.

“What a lot of the public don’t know is that Payne’s older brother (Chase, 21) passed away last year and Payne has been struggling with a huge amount of grief over this.

“The passing of his brother added to the pressure of being thrown into the limelight with his rapid rise to rugby league stardom was bubbling to the surface.

“He has a big family support system but his wife describes him as shy and the type of person who “bottles up” his emotions.

“His partner describes Payne as a gentle giant at all times at home and the reports of a domestic situation included in the situation are completely false.”

Mr MacCallum said Haas and Ms Mohenoa were sitting and talking ‘and Payne was upset’. “His partner was consoling him and trying to settle him down as all of his emotions spilt over,” he said.

“Police were in the area and attending to a wild incident (brawl) about 20m away which had nothing to do with Payne.

“The police approached him out of the blue and started firing questions at him. Payne was in a heightened state of emotion, confused and being confronted with many police officers. “What transpired after that will be the subject of further enquiries but he is devastated, as is his partner, that inaccurate reports of a domestic situation was occurring.”
She’s not his wife, they’ve been together for a very short amount of time.

Regarding Paul White.. how funny is it watching him talk about consequences for someone’s actions and acting without emotion. And who the **** is Tayme?

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
So Payne Haas is being represented by a lawyer who is currently facing charges of money laundering, fraud and numerous drug offences..

jerry seinfeld coffee GIF
So he’s a lawyer then?

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Rubbish, they get released all the time to refute “main stream media” and their version of events
You know they don’t have them on constantly right? Otherwise you’ll be sitting there watching them type stuff, often things that can’t be released to the media, fill out forms and driving cars for 7 straight hours. They don’t always turn them on before every situation either, it’s just not possible to do so when you’re doing things quickly.

Also can we stop likening this to Curtis Scott. Paul White has said Haas had admitted to going about this the wrong way and he has form. He fucked up and needs to own it and grow the **** up. It’s that simple

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba

I’d live there again tbh. I’d be very selective about where though. It is a honey pot for young people though and I don’t think that can be argued.

Last edited:

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
He is a deadset goose. Dumb as dogshit. Maybe he has a problem with authority, who knows. All i do know is he failed to co-operate with the NRL investigation, he was with Fifita with all that drama in Bali, he drove on a disqualified learner license while also on his phone. On top of that, he is a filthy cockroach and trouble seems to be following him around. Boot him out.
He's also the hardest worker in the team with daylight second, and one of our only two rep players.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
You need to stop getting so offended about that city. You can’t ignore facts, the city is bikie run and is a binge drinking crack den. Second highest crime rate in Australia (probably highest per capita) How is that not aggressive and toxic?
1610955354347.png
I'm not 100% sure about that. Curtis Scott got done and through to the stage of pleading guilty to at least some of the charges laid before the police body camera footage showed he was basically assaulted by the cops. If Payne was in the same boat and not have his lawyer or anyone sticking up for him, or if the police *lost* the footage he'd be stitched up legally, from a p.r. point of view and likely sanctioned by the NRL too. In short the body cams are there to help the police, not anyone else.
Body camera footage getting lost...?
I'm not an expert on QPC matters, but I do know there are multiple systems in place to ensure that doesn't happen, because they have to be protected from tampering like any other evidence for judicial purposes.

I mean, I'm sure it's not impossible, but you would have to be pretty high up to get all the people necessarily involved in such a clean-up job, to do your bidding. That would make it borderline conspiracy theory, given that person would be vulnerable to any of those people shooting their mouth off...
Cool. Still a shithole 😆
Yup... Toowoomba is the place to be! 🤪
I’d live there again tbh. I’d be very selective about where though. It is a honey pot for young people though and I don’t think that can be argued.
Absolutely. It's called the glitter strip for a reason...

That said, I'd be very selective about where to live in any city, but much more so outside of Australia.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
You know they don’t have them on constantly right? Otherwise you’ll be sitting there watching them type stuff, often things that can’t be released to the media, fill out forms and driving cars for 7 straight hours. They don’t always turn them on before every situation either, it’s just not possible to do so when you’re doing things quickly.

Also can we stop likening this to Curtis Scott. Paul White has said Haas had admitted to going about this the wrong way and he has form. He fucked up and needs to own it and grow the **** up. It’s that simple
Yes im aware how body cams work. They are designed to activate ie record when taser or gun are drawn.

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep
Are the charges only using abusive language and intimidating police?

You'd think if he was being agro and intimidating the police that he may have also been resisting arrest.... and could you imagine trying to take down a 125kg 2m tall Hulk that is resisting arrest 😲 😲

So apparently he was intimidating the police, but happy to be cuffed and go with them peacefully 🤨 🤨

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penza

Twitter