Payne Haas Arrested

From what I saw on insta, Glenn was most definitely there in the arvo at Burleigh pavilion I can’t remember who posted it but there were a few.

I understand that and don't disagree with you, however, Curtis Scott refuted the police allegations from the start, and was proven to be correct. Based on the live interview given by Paul White (bad reference I know) Payne Haas has admitted he is "ashamed and extremely remorseful for his actions, and " Payne knows he has done the wrong thing and is prepared to take ownership of his actions" , he doesn't need a lawyer with him to admit he was out of line, an apology from Payne Haas to everyone involved at the court hearing, will go a long way to minimising his punishment, and will be good for his standing as a Bronco and a high profile public citizen, hiring lawyers to make excuses for him only reinforces to him its ok to do what I did. Imagine the headlines, "Payne Haas admits to fucking up and abusing police, apologises to all involved in the incident and admits he needs to be more responsible", the guys standing in the publics eyes would improve"

Only my personal opinion abashii, not saying you aren't correct, just saying he and others like him, should grow a sack, accept responsibility for his actions, and accept the consequences.

Sorry but this is awful advice. Whether you are in the right or wrong, if you are facing criminal charges you should have a lawyer. A lawyer ensures your rights are being protected, police can and often do, overreach.

Always lawyer up. Always. You can still admit fault (if any), apologise and be remorseful with a lawyer.

I think that due to Payne’s profile, most footy fans that have anything more than a passing interest were likely aware of his brother’s passing.

That’s not to say it’s not the cause or that he’s not still struggling with it, but to word it the way they did is a bit sketchy imo

I understand that and don't disagree with you, however, Curtis Scott refuted the police allegations from the start, and was proven to be correct. Based on the live interview given by Paul White (bad reference I know) Payne Haas has admitted he is "ashamed and extremely remorseful for his actions, and " Payne knows he has done the wrong thing and is prepared to take ownership of his actions" , he doesn't need a lawyer with him to admit he was out of line, an apology from Payne Haas to everyone involved at the court hearing, will go a long way to minimising his punishment, and will be good for his standing as a Bronco and a high profile public citizen, hiring lawyers to make excuses for him only reinforces to him its ok to do what I did. Imagine the headlines, "Payne Haas admits to fucking up and abusing police, apologises to all involved in the incident and admits he needs to be more responsible", the guys standing in the publics eyes would improve"

Only my personal opinion abashii, not saying you aren't correct, just saying he and others like him, should grow a sack, accept responsibility for his actions, and accept the consequences.

I'm not sure I can agree with you here. Payne can be ashamed of the way he acted, e.g. telling a cop to **** off, while refuting the charges laid or seeking clarity with regards to whether his actions amounted to the crimes alleged. At this stage we don't know what his actions were or what consequences he's being asked to accept, legal or otherwise.

Retaining a lawyer who makes a statement intended to head off the scum-sucking NRL media, including the Courier Mail who deliberately phrased their headline to mislead the reader into believing Payne had been involved in a brawl, and other sources who were claiming he'd assaulted his partner is not the same as refusing to accept the consequences. If and when the full story comes out Payne can make an appropriate statement, assisted by his lawyer if need be. As the charges laid in this instance don't speak of high crimes and misdemeanours I'm perfectly happy as a fan with the decision to not make further comment or decide on any punishment before the facts are known and any trial finished.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can agree with you here. Payne can be ashamed of the way he acted, e.g. telling a cop to **** off, while refuting the charges laid or seeking clarity with regards to whether his actions amounted to the crimes alleged. At this stage we don't know what his actions were or what consequences he's being asked to accept, legal or otherwise.

Retaining a lawyer who makes a statement intended to head off the scum-sucking NRL media, including the Courier Mail who deliberately phrased their headline to mislead the reader into believing Payne had been involved in a brawl, and other sources who were claiming he'd assaulted his partner is not the same as refusing to accept the consequences. If and when the full story comes out Hayne can make an appropriate statement, assisted by his lawyer if need be. As the charges laid in this instance don't speak of high crimes and misdemeanours I'm perfectly happy as a fan with the decision to not make further comment or decide on any punishment before the facts are known and any trial finished.
Hayne lol.

Good post otherwise

He is a deadset goose. Dumb as dogshit. Maybe he has a problem with authority, who knows. All i do know is he failed to co-operate with the NRL investigation, he was with Fifita with all that drama in Bali, he drove on a disqualified learner license while also on his phone. On top of that, he is a filthy cockroach and trouble seems to be following him around. Boot him out.

Last edited:
I wish they would look to swap him for someone else. Hass is bad news.

Will be interesting to know if no post-training drinks were organised, or no post-training drinks were allowed. If it's the latter, I hope Kev tears that 20% of players new arsehole and suspends them for the first month. I don't give a **** if it essentially stuffs our season, if we really do have these entitled pricks eroding our culture, they'll be doing so for years to come if they aren't given a wake up call, or moved on if necessary.
Why give him a month off , make him earn his redemption with out pay . Hit them in the pocket where it hurts these young guys the most, sitting them out dosen't do shit imo

Last edited:
What happens next, depending on what courts and club find out, could potentially define Kev’s coaching career.

He is a deadset goose. Dumb as dogshit. Maybe he has a problem with authority, who knows. All i do know is he failed to co-operate with the NRL investigation, he was with Fifita with all that drama in Bali, he drove on a disqualified learner license while also on his phone. On top of that, he is a filthy cockroach and trouble seems to be following him around. Boot him out.
Geez......fucken really? So it's proving to be true that once again, he's acted a fuckhead?

I like Payne.....he's one of the very few shining lights left at the club (football talent wise). Do we hafta get rid of him just because he is young, dumb and ......

This is more than just a Payne Hass issue....this is a club issue. Can they not control these stupid *****?

TBF, you were in a gated community, so one of the safest areas on the GC to be living. You also weren’t going out to clubs or frequenting the dodgy areas like people of lower socioeconomic demographics. You were shielded.
I lived there for 5 of the 15 years., the rest was in normal neighbourhoods in the northern GC, some higher (Runaway Bay, Coomera Waters), some lower (Upper Coomera, Pimpama), some middle demographics (Coombabah, Parkwood).

You mean like going out to clubs in the Valley, the Cross, or even Collingwood...?
Lower socioeconomic demographics exist in every single city. I for one, would much prefer pretty much ANY GC suburb to most suburbs alongside the Logan Motorway, West Brisbane, Upper North Brisbane, Caboolture/Moorayfield, Deception Bay, etc...

Finally, as other people have said, if anyone considers the Gold Coast aggressive and toxic, they have lived a sheltered life without a clue about not only most of the world, but even just Australia.

Oh, and you still got robbed. I’ve never been robbed, ever.
Not while in that estate. I got robbed twice, once in Brisbane, once in Gold Coast...

Last edited:
Geez......fucken really? So it's proving to be true that once again, he's acted a fuckhead?

I like Payne.....he's one of the very few shining lights left at the club (football talent wise). Do we hafta get rid of him just because he is young, dumb and ......

This is more than just a Payne Hass issue....this is a club issue. Can they not control these stupid *****?

Im not sure the Broncos can be held responsible for what these blokes do. All we can do as a club is make sure we dont sign idiots.

quotes from Payne Hass' Lawyer Campbell McCallum

“Payne was enjoying a night out with his wife having dinner and a few drinks,” Mr MacCallum told The Courier-Mail.

“What a lot of the public don’t know is that Payne’s older brother (Chase, 21) passed away last year and Payne has been struggling with a huge amount of grief over this.

“The passing of his brother added to the pressure of being thrown into the limelight with his rapid rise to rugby league stardom was bubbling to the surface.

“He has a big family support system but his wife describes him as shy and the type of person who “bottles up” his emotions.

“His partner describes Payne as a gentle giant at all times at home and the reports of a domestic situation included in the situation are completely false.”

Mr MacCallum said Haas and Ms Mohenoa were sitting and talking ‘and Payne was upset’. “His partner was consoling him and trying to settle him down as all of his emotions spilt over,” he said.

“Police were in the area and attending to a wild incident (brawl) about 20m away which had nothing to do with Payne.

“The police approached him out of the blue and started firing questions at him. Payne was in a heightened state of emotion, confused and being confronted with many police officers. “What transpired after that will be the subject of further enquiries but he is devastated, as is his partner, that inaccurate reports of a domestic situation was occurring.”
She’s not his wife, they’ve been together for a very short amount of time.

Regarding Paul White.. how funny is it watching him talk about consequences for someone’s actions and acting without emotion. And who the **** is Tayme?

So Payne Haas is being represented by a lawyer who is currently facing charges of money laundering, fraud and numerous drug offences..

jerry seinfeld coffee GIF
So he’s a lawyer then?

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosAlways
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncoFan94
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.