Payne Haas Arrested

While I fully endorse the Broncos aiming for the highest of standards within our playing group I hardly think telling a copper to **** off has besmirched the name of the club and brought the NRL into disrepute. He's a front-row forward for god's sake not a choir boy. The way the coppers in the valley talk to some folk that I 've seen should have resulted in the cops being charged. Fair dinkum!

All you guys on here calling for him to behave like an alter boy need to first take a look at your own behaviour while growing up. Sure he let himself and the club down, but his lack of vocabulary should not mean he should be crucified. He's also suffering from the Broncos factor whereas if he was a from some other club the police would probably have left him in peace and we would have heard nothing more of it.
Watch the NRL throw the book at him as they are sick of these little incidents. No doubt fifita would have got the same if he hadn't have signed up for the new golden boys down the road.....

If you believe it's any different anywhere else you're an idiot, it's just the typical young person of today. You can't blame the Goldie for people's stupidity, and there's a reason why the southern end of the Goldie is one of the fastest growing. Shithole!! my ass it is !

Nah mate, it’s a shithole. highest crime rate in the country bar Sydney and that’s terrible considering only half a million people live there. Also eshays and bikies everywhere. The only part of the Gold Coast that is nice is the beachfront apartment suburbs which is 4-5 suburbs. The rest are mostly bogan ridden dumps that are overcrowded as hell. The general atmosphere is aggressive and toxic as hell, And that’s coming from a 22 year old footy player.

If you're just visiting the GC for fun, why would you go to one of the shitty suburbs. I usually just go to Surfers, it's fun and I never had any trouble there myself.

Last edited:
I partied in the cross in the 90's, Surfers felt the same as that but with a beach.

Fun, but always felt like shit would kick off at any given moment.

Nah mate, it’s a shithole. highest crime rate in the country bar Sydney and that’s terrible considering only half a million people live there. Also eshays and bikies everywhere. The only part of the Gold Coast that is nice is the beachfront apartment suburbs which is 4-5 suburbs. The rest are mostly bogan ridden dumps that are overcrowded as hell. The general atmosphere is aggressive and toxic as hell, And that’s coming from a 22 year old footy player.
Let me guess you live in ascot with barbie and gang of care bears

Just stating facts, no need to insult me.
Calling the GC a shithole isn't a fact , saying the atmosphere is aggressive and toxic isn't a fact . And if you're insulted from what I said you must be a winger.

Maybe haas is the cancer of the club. Started 2020 well while he was suspended, he comes back and we stink it up. Plays origin and blues lose. Bloke is a loser.

Calling the GC a shithole isn't a fact , saying the atmosphere is aggressive and toxic isn't a fact . And if you're insulted from what I said you must be a winger.

Not insulted, just pointing out you tried to insult me when I was talking about a city and not you directly. The Gold Coast is a nice ish place to live but it’s a shithole in comparison to Brisbane. The points I made were pretty valid,
Also I’ve also lived there and been there enough to know the place well. Btw front rower “huge” sized.

Regarding the back and forth about whether GC is a shit hole or not. There are quite a few rumours in league circles linking certain players with non-mainstream business types, and creative ways to make undocumented streams of income be approved by the tax man. Gold Coast is often linked to these stories.

Not just salary cap dodging. I would be concerned if broncos players were spending too much time making friends in that area.

Lived on the GC for 15 years, never had any issues I didn't have anywhere else, including my house robbed... 🙄
Unfortunately, touristic destinations with a lot of nightlife opportunities, all suffer from the same ailments, because they're a magnet for idiots who have no idea how to have a good time, and people who can't handle booze.

I was hoping for a ‘Payne in the Haas’ headline from the Courier-Mail but they have let me down.

Beaches are nice - the place has a lot of problems otherwise. The atmosphere definitely is aggressive and toxic. That is an apt description.

I’d like to know what all the posters who slammed the club for suspending him at the start of 2019 think now.

Obviously he didn’t get the message then. He went on to get tangled up in the Fifita shit this time last year and now this.

Perhaps the club knows a little more than people on here do and he needs his wings clipped properly before he ends up as just another ‘what could have been’ cautionary tale.

Dave Taylor, Todd Carney, Tim Smith come to mind.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.