NEWS Payne Haas retracts immediate release from Broncos then

The fact that he is not happy with these numbers, playing in a side that is on the up and will inevitably play finals, says a lot about his character and priorities to me.
Honestly, I don't really care as long as he plays well. I'll start bagging him out if he starts moping and playing shit, as long as he plays well I really don't care for the off field drama. If players want the bag, go hard, just give your 100%. He's allowed to ask for a release and there's genuinely nothing immoral about it, but if he starts being a fuckwit and playing like shit because he's not getting his way, that's when I'm going to hate on him.

On a different note, if it's the Titans interested, would you do a swap assuming Titans contribute part of Fifita's salary so we're only paying Fifita 800k next year? Effectively a straight swap Haas/Fifita.

Out of the clubs who would take him, who would we realistically get from them. If we sign Manu, then its going to be for fullback so where does that leave Herbie or Cobbo long term? Walker for me is about the only other Rorter i'd want. Dont think any other club that would take him even have any interesting players.

Honestly, I don't really care as long as he plays well. I'll start bagging him out if he starts moping and playing shit, as long as he plays well I really don't care for the off field drama. If players want the bag, go hard, just give your 100%. He's allowed to ask for a release and there's genuinely nothing immoral about it, but if he starts being a fuckwit and playing like shit because he's not getting his way, that's when I'm going to hate on him.

On a different note, if it's the Titans interested, would you do a swap assuming Titans contribute part of Fifita's salary so we're only paying Fifita 800k next year? Effectively a straight swap Haas/Fifita.

I'd rather swap him for Tino tbh.

I'd rather swap him for Tino tbh.
I really don't think we need any middle forward. I do think we can do better in the backrow department. Obviously fullback/hooker/5-8 is the dream but those players are always incredibly difficult to get.

Would you do a straight swap Haas/Fifi on the same wage as Haas now?

Forcing Haas to see out his contract is a pretty effective way to create disharmony in the playing group.

Too many friends at the club.
I would at least make him play out this year. Ask for a $500K transfer fee from the club that wants to buy him and line up a spine replacement before releasing him.

Out of the clubs who would take him, who would we realistically get from them. If we sign Manu, then its going to be for fullback so where does that leave Herbie or Cobbo long term? Walker for me is about the only other Rorter i'd want. Dont think any other club that would take him even have any interesting players.
Would probably swap contracts with the dogs for Burton

Totally BS on Haas' part. Lost some respect for him after this if its true. NRL need to block it and say tough luck. Not a good enough excuse to leave cause u want more money. If he goes to another club he shouldn't be able to get anymore money than what we are offering him on those contracted years. You and managements fault for signing that deal. That is big $$$ for your age and position. You reckon he would be asking this if he was injury plagued and missing a number of games? Dont think so. Would only entertain the idea if we get a spine player in return. 1 6 or 9..
If Rooters want him give us Smith and Walker. Fck them

I really don't think we need any middle forward. I do think we can do better in the backrow department. Obviously fullback/hooker/5-8 is the dream but those players are always incredibly difficult to get.

Would you do a straight swap Haas/Fifi on the same wage as Haas now?

I dont know if he could transition back there, and it could be my mind playing tricks on me, but i can remember Tino playing back row a fair bit until he really established himself at the Storm. I actually thought thats where the Titans might have played him and had Tino and Fifita in the back row.

I probably would take Fifita back, but i dont think there is a cat in hells chance of Payne going to the Titans.

I'll wait and see how that actually plays out. SBW didn't get a release either.

He shouldn't be in the clubs plan beyond next year so let's see that money going to guys like Kobe, Oates, Jensen and Carrigan. And not even entertain negotiations with Khoder.
From what I can gather, Toulon had to pay a $300K release fee, and then he fucked off to Union for a few years. What do you think will happen next?

I dont know if he could transition back there, and it could be my mind playing tricks on me, but i can remember Tino playing back row a fair bit until he really established himself at the Storm. I actually thought thats where the Titans might have played him and had Tino and Fifita in the back row.

I probably would take Fifita back, but i dont think there is a cat in hells chance of Payne going to the Titans.
id be all over tino if he was available,probably the best thing the tits have going for them atm

Interested to see how Kev deals with this. I don’t think he takes this kind of thing lightly. He subtly fired off on Isaako with his comments yesterday.

On a less reasonable note. **** you Haas. 🤣

Why are NRL players such fucking sooks. FFS 800k a year whats an extra 200k/100k after tax going to do?

Get some perspective you privileged *****.
Tax? That implies you received a salary and not bonuses for winning golf

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • thenry
  • Socnorb
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Maddy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
  • Midean
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Fatboy
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.