PLAYER Payne Haas

Problem is, I don't think Haas or his management will be in any rush to have this sorted before November. If the Broncs want to sign him without letting him go to market my guess is they will have to offer above market value. He's the touted by the media as the best prop in the game. We have lost Flegler already and now Haas holds all of the cards.

We just need to hope and prey that no other team can afford him.

Problem is, I don't think Haas or his management will be in any rush to have this sorted before November. If the Broncs want to sign him without letting him go to market my guess is they will have to offer above market value. He's the touted by the media as the best prop in the game. We have lost Flegler already and now Haas holds all of the cards.

We just need to hope and prey that no other team can afford him.
Honestly while we have players like Walsh who can take advantage of his domination in the middle, Haas's value to the team is making him a 1.2-1.3 million dollar player atm, it's starting to look like we should of taken up that money his management was asking last year(1 to 1.1 mil) though to be fair he wasn't playing like he is now and we didn't know the cap increase was going to be this large.

I would be totally surprised if this doesn't go to open market. His manager has shown his hand as a money hungry moron and Haas's own family would likely be leaching off him, these two factors will result in his moron manager wanting this to go to open market and then he will literally get paid like 100k minimum for doing absolutely nothing.

This story about Israel Folau has lots of insights to Pasifika culture / money and family ties .

eg ; The biggest import that comes into Tonga each year is hundreds of millions of dollars. It’s remittance. It’s people sending their pay cheque back to their parents or to their families.”

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-05...-most-controversial-figure-in-sport/101658050
I brought this up in a post a while back. It was his family that made the decision for him to do the AFL deal.

Eye Whatever GIF by Amazon Prime Video

And Pat Carrigan or whoever probably said he'd love to have Harry Grant at the Broncos. Any whispers here?

Its been 2 months since he was "on the verge of signing the biggest deal in Bronco's history" and still not a peep about it.

He is as good as gone i reckon.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.