PLAYER Payne Haas

As if he wasn't always going to test his value on the open market. I mean if you were him wouldn't you? He has another year left and asked for a release last year. I am sure he just wants to see how the rest of the year plays out before he makes a decision and to the media that is "BOMBSHELL WE CAN'T TALK TO PLAYERS SO HAAS IS GONNA QUIT BRISBANE IF HE DOESN'T GET 5M A SEASON". If he is still too dumb to see that teams that put all the cap into the forwards can't win a comp then send him to play with the bulldogs or tigers who are probably the only teams dumb enough to pay what he wants.

Not really surprised that he's not automatically extending with us. Last year showed that he's not really loyal to the Broncos and it's really all about the money for him.

It pisses me off that his manager had to announce it now though. It would have been less of a distraction for the club if they went with the generic "we'll sort that out at the end of the season... focusing on my game...etc."

With Flegler already going, the club should just forget about chasing Hass (we'll still have him for another year at least), and look to target players like Tino (and even Fifita).

This makes no sense. We absolutely can make a play for Tino. Just because Haas wants to play the market and use us as a safety net doesn't mean we have to sit on our hands and wait. If we want to go for Tino and pull the offer for Haas and Tino wants to come, we absolutely should make it happen. We don't owe Haas anything just like he doesn't owe us.

I’m not that fussed either way, you can only do what you can do, I’m sure he’s been made a very strong offer to play in a competitive team, if it’s not enough, say good luck & move on. At the end of the day a prop is only worth soo much.

After what Haas did & said last year, I knew he wasn't going to re-sign.

I think in his eyes, he is here against his will.

Why do they have to come out with lies about success and what not, we are as good as we have ever been since he joined.

Just say it's for the money and you want to see the value, careers are short and can end at anytime, it's hard to get too pissed about it if you just say the truth, but no one ever does and that's what makes it worse.

Still think it's between us and Union(via Reds) in Reality, he will go to November 1 to try use it as a chip to get more money out of us with Sydney offers he wouldn't really take and judge it vs a Union bid.

Why do they have to come out with lies about success and what not, we are as good as we have ever been since he joined.

Just say it's for the money and you want to see the value, careers are short and can end at anytime, it's hard to get too pissed about it if you just say the truth, but no one ever does and that's what makes it worse.

Still think it's between us and Union(via Reds) in Reality, he will go to November 1 to try use it as a chip to get more money out of us with Sydney offers he wouldn't really take and judge it vs a Union bid.
Roosters or Doggies is where I am at.
With the Roosters edging in front thanks to SBW.

This makes no sense. We absolutely can make a play for Tino. Just because Haas wants to play the market and use us as a safety net doesn't mean we have to sit on our hands and wait. If we want to go for Tino and pull the offer for Haas and Tino wants to come, we absolutely should make it happen. We don't owe Haas anything just like he doesn't owe us.
Can we offer him the captaincy like he has at the Titans?

Roosters or Doggies is where I am at.
With the Roosters edging in front thanks to SBW.
Neither, because his Mum is in a Brisbane jail for years and all his family is in SEQ as well.

Titans already have pricey Forwards but could be a legit option if they lose Tino, and Dolphins don't seem interested in good players anymore so who knows with them, though they have quite old forwards who will likely retire in time for it to be very viable.

That's how I see it being.

Maybe someone can climb the paywall and decipher this gem.

Maybe someone can climb the paywall and decipher this gem.

“Payne actually got an offer from an NFL club,” said Merhi, who will meet with Broncos CEO Dave Donaghy on Friday to continue contract talks.

“They called me in March. They felt Payne had the size and dimensions to make it, but their roles seem pretty structured to me.

“The NFL team was genuine about taking him overseas to a camp.

“They wanted Payne to go to a testing camp outside the US where they bring in different athletes from sports around the world.

“The NFL team made the offer but I said what if Payne doesn’t even pass the camp or would that team really take a chance on him, we can’t take that risk.

“The NFL have scouts around the world and they thought Payne had potential, but Payne shut it down pretty quickly, so it shows this is not just about the money for him.”

--- Club has apparently tabled a 3m 3 year extension. Merhi said rejected suggestions he's unhappy and said he'll most likely sign an extension. Club remain "quietly confident" of keeping him.

“My gut feeling is he will stay at the Broncos,” Merhi said.

“I don’t see that Payne has an issue with the club, but the crux of the problem in the first place was Payne feeling his deal wasn’t fair, or reflective of his performances.

“He loves ‘Kevvie’ (coach Kevin Walters) and he loves the Brisbane Broncos, he loves their fans and everything about the club.

“We have built a pretty good relationship with the Broncos over the last three months and the people that run the show there.

“We’ve had interest from all 16 clubs, we’ve sent out an email letting the clubs know of our off-contract clients and they have all come back about Payne Haas.

“I honestly believe it will be very hard to get him out of there, but he just wants to tick that last box around his value.

“We just want transparency on his true value and Payne employs me, so he will make the final decision.

“I am being totally transparent with the Broncos and his full commitment is to Brisbane until the end of the season.

“He hasn’t had the chance to test his value, so we want to make sure his deal is fair on the open market and if it is, he will never complain in the future.”

“If I get an offer from the Broncos I can’t refuse, then we would definitely sign before November 1, but right now it’s in his best interests to wait until November 1.

“For the moment, Payne is committed to Brisbane … his heart and soul is with them.”

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Brocko
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.