PLAYER Payne Haas

Interesting stat I just saw on Jesse arthars, hes 17th in the league for linebreaks, having made 13 linebreaks in 14 games. There are no Broncos above him on the list. Not bad for someone who can't break the line

Or make metres .
Bring back Goatsy .
LOL

That requires someone to set them up though, you lose Herbies work load and who takes over if he is the only new face in the backs?
Cobbo and staggs can step up. Oates has missed a lot of games this year. That's why herbies work rate is up

That requires someone to set them up though, you lose Herbies work load and who takes over if he is the only new face in the backs?

He makes breaks on kick returns .
The only person setting him up is the halfback from the other team .

Do you even actually watch the Broncos play ??

He makes breaks on kick returns .
The only person setting him up is the halfback from the other team .

Do you even actually watch the Broncos play ??
I can name several off the top of my head that have come directly from one player(Walsh).

You would be very hard pressed to find a Broncos fan who watched games this year to forget that.

Cobbo and staggs can step up. Oates has missed a lot of games this year. That's why herbies work rate is up
i think tonight demonstrated that. Willison Kobe Jensen step up hold middle. Stingers do their job. reyno manages. walsh creates staggs finishes. halves fb back up we win. Payne as good as he is didnt create our win. everyone did the job as pwr plan. walsh and reyno win the game

Not sure if this has already been touched on or not, but I do wonder if Payne is holding out to see if we can make and win the GF this year. If so, he’s got his premiership, a very good chance of getting the dally m and then imagine what he will be worth on the open market..
I could then see a world where he ups and leaves and takes the mega $ having already got his ring.

Not sure if this has already been touched on or not, but I do wonder if Payne is holding out to see if we can make and win the GF this year. If so, he’s got his premiership, a very good chance of getting the dally m and then imagine what he will be worth on the open market..
I could then see a world where he ups and leaves and takes the mega $ having already got his ring.
The only thing better than the ring is two rings. If they do get it done this year, the window will still be wide open for next season as well.

Unless he wants to take very frequent flights back he's got to move his massive family and I can't see him doing that.

Yeah.. but... in that scenario, the Broncos get their premiership. If that happens, I'm satisfied that Payne has done his job and he can move on with my blessing. I'm not very selfish in that regard.

Yea I saw that. Good to see some anger! It was either because of that high shot, or JWH stood on his shoes...
So good to see him try to take JWH out.. realise that that’s your job!!
The real question is, was he wearing a bum bag and screaming you f-in C?!
Coz if he was then yeah, he had his shoes stood on.

Payne haas angry is like that glorious moment where goku cracks……it’s coming, the hardness, the realisation that every prop hates him and wishes they were him.

That’s the level he needs to be at, if he wants the money.

It would be a damn shame if he leaves for 150-200k more than we can offer him. There isnt another team in the comp he could walk into that has this potential at the moment.

Any offers above 1.3m will be basket case teams that would take a few years to get near the top.

It would be a damn shame if he leaves for 150-200k more than we can offer him. There isnt another team in the comp he could walk into that has this potential at the moment.

Any offers above 1.3m will be basket case teams that would take a few years to get near the top.

...and this is the crux of the matter. Depends 100% on where his priorities are. The only teams that will be able to beat our offer by legitimate means will be basket cases so if wants premierships, we're his best shot. Beyond Reynolds, this team is young and just starting to hit its stride. If things go our way, there's a couple of prems in this team imo.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.