PLAYER Payne Haas

I don’t know, he just kind of reminds me of Jordan Kahu. Fairly reliable and not a bad option but nothing to get excited about.

He feels like a throwback to the outside back dark ages that existed at the club in the years post-Yow Yeh where our production line was terrible. He wouldn’t look out of place amongst Kahu, Beale, Copley, Hoffman, Maranta, Reed*, Winterstein
rage GIF

Walshy is a problem for next year IMO. Reyno will take less money to stay an extra year, and surely losing Herbie and Flegler gives us money to upgrade Mam and Walsh. It's not like Haas is getting a monster upgrade, he's on 850 next year so even 1.2m is just 350k, I reckon Reyno will take a paycut of 350k and play 1 more year for 400k with a handshake for a well paid coaching role straight after retirement.

Reynolds is making so much money from off-field that Richdigital have got him that he will never leave Brisbane.

Broncos will get him for a steal.

I don’t know, he just kind of reminds me of Jordan Kahu. Fairly reliable and not a bad option but nothing to get excited about.

He feels like a throwback to the outside back dark ages that existed at the club in the years post-Yow Yeh where our production line was terrible. He wouldn’t look out of place amongst Kahu, Beale, Copley, Hoffman, Maranta, Reed*, Winterstein

His hole running has been outstanding for Souths. It's only been three games but his work in the centres has been outstanding.

Some pretty handy players there who had bloody good careers, and Maranta.

his biggest issue is just he can't punch through the line but I think his mentality is a bit higher then those players, he is a bit thin for his body though something that he can fix.

Interesting stat I just saw on Jesse arthars, hes 17th in the league for linebreaks, having made 13 linebreaks in 14 games. There are no Broncos above him on the list. Not bad for someone who can't break the line

Walshy is a problem for next year IMO. Reyno will take less money to stay an extra year, and surely losing Herbie and Flegler gives us money to upgrade Mam and Walsh. It's not like Haas is getting a monster upgrade, he's on 850 next year so even 1.2m is just 350k, I reckon Reyno will take a paycut of 350k and play 1 more year for 400k with a handshake for a well paid coaching role straight after retirement.
Winning a premiership is going to raise the value of all our players.

Tallis has proven himself to be ok when he doesn’t have an agenda. The other two though are just pathetic, no idea how they are in such public positions and embarrass themselves so easily.
Don't Gordie and Kevvie have the same "agenda" - except Tallis is supposed to at least pretend he works for the Titans?

Interesting stat I just saw on Jesse arthars, hes 17th in the league for linebreaks, having made 13 linebreaks in 14 games. There are no Broncos above him on the list. Not bad for someone who can't break the line
Makes sense, I was talking about punching through a line as in post contact, a line break can happen without any contact.

Makes sense, I was talking about punching through a line as in post contact, a line break can happen without any contact.
I can definitively say that arthars has punched through the line more times than the rest of our outside backs. He oftentimes is very threatening on his tough carries out of our end. He has suprising strength and great footwork

I can definitively say that arthars has punched through the line more times than the rest of our outside backs. He oftentimes is very threatening on his tough carries out of our end. He has suprising strength and great footwork
His Post Contact, and Tackle breaks are not comparable on Average to Herbie, Cobbo and Oates(Staggs as well but he isn't playing a high work rate role like them).

This will matter next year when we lose Herbie given how we play.

When it comes to everything else, I think he is sorted at though, just needs to put on a few KG in the off season.

since he came back from NZ, his performances have been excellent.
He was always underrated.

In the year of our lord 2021, I was cast to the ground for rightfully pointing out reject Jesse scored 5 tries from 11 games while gun Herbie managed only 3 from 20.

His Post Contact, and Tackle breaks are not comparable on Average to Herbie, Cobbo and Oates(Staggs as well but he isn't playing a high work rate role like them).

This will matter next year when we lose Herbie, given how we play, in everything else I think he is sorted at though.

How come we never score beavis

This will matter next year when we lose Herbie given how we play.

When it comes to everything else, I think he is sorted at though, just needs to put on a few KG in the off season.
He is not a straight up tackle breaker with pure strength like the others, he bursts through the line with speed and footwork

He is not a straight up tackle breaker with pure strength like the others, he bursts through the line with speed and footwork
That requires someone to set them up though, you lose Herbies work load and who takes over if he is the only new face in the backs?

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.