PLAYER Payne Haas

Sorry that 1.4 was meant to be a 1.1. late night keyboard lazy fingers. Clipped the 4 above 1.

.no sauce info atm, been too busy.

If it is true they are going to reject the offer, and release a statement to that effect then it is just time to move on. We can’t go higher than 1.1 and tbh that is already too high. You could be the best prop that ever lived (and maybe he is) but you still shouldn’t be getting that much. We don’t need the drama and there is no more we can do without crippling the team.

If they do publicly reject this offer I think we just have to advise them that negotiations are over and we look forward to trying to win a premiership before Payne leaves at the end of 2025. This amateur hour **** of a manager whose promotional video looks like something his 8 year old son filmed can go **** himself.

Honestly I think he has already done a deal at either the Roosters or Bulldogs but that obviously can’t get out before November 1 so they are just doing the dance. They have put out a list of demands that only we or Penrith would have the ability to match and Penrith won’t, so it’s the only thing that makes sense.

This situation is impossible, it would be like having a girlfriend who said I will only stay with you if you lose weight, earn more money and own a Ferrari, then once you do all those things she is still out looking for someone else. At some point you just have to call it.

TL;DR I think the deal is already done elsewhere but the management need to cover that up and Payne doesn’t want to be booed again so they are trying and failing to make it look like it is our fault.

Wonder if the Dogs are getting his brother as well.

And that could be why Haas hired a Sydney lawyer for mommie dearest. As they will be in Sydney playing.

Well he got one thing wrong. No statement has been put out tonight. Maybe buzz is just full of shit
Here's the statement from Mehri. Basically, no deal is done yet. There is no reason to spin this into something it's not:

“I have a wonderful relationship with ‘Kevvie.’ We have always been hopeful of a good outcome with the Broncos and we are still in dialogue. This week is Payne’s remarkable 100-game milestone. It’s a milestone that Payne, his family, friends, team and the fans should be celebrating. Talk of other issues only distracts from this milestone achievement and Brisbane’s run to the finals.”​

Here's the statement from Mehri. Basically, no deal is done yet. There is no reason to spin this into something it's not:

“I have a wonderful relationship with ‘Kevvie.’ We have always been hopeful of a good outcome with the Broncos and we are still in dialogue. This week is Payne’s remarkable 100-game milestone. It’s a milestone that Payne, his family, friends, team and the fans should be celebrating. Talk of other issues only distracts from this milestone achievement and Brisbane’s run to the finals.”​

Maybe dumbcunt manager should have thought about this before raising it again this week? Hopefully this says Payne has pulled his stupid arse into line.

Maybe dumbcunt manager should have thought about this before raising it again this week? Hopefully this says Payne has pulled his stupid arse into line.
I honestly don't understand why there's so much bile directed at Payne. It's only August, and he's contracted until the end of next year. He's currently rated the best player in the NRL and is at least partly responsible for the club heading towards its best win record in history. He's entitled to bargain for his next contract. What more could he do? He's not stirring up any of this chatter. He has his head down giving his all.

Payne's manager is getting hounded by the press because we fans keep speculating on his future. He's currently responding to comments from the coach. Neither Payne nor his manager are doing anything wrong.

A reminder that Herbie pissed the club around until late February, was injured most of last season, flitted off to the World Cup (unlike Payne), defected to another club and no one ever said a bad word in his direction. In fact, you were yelled down if you dared criticize him.

There comes an asking price that will be too much for the Broncos. If another club/code can better the Broncos' all round deal, we just have to move on, wish him the best and thank him for his service. Which has been impeccable.

I honestly don't understand why there's so much bile directed at Payne. It's only August, and he's contracted until the end of next year. He's currently rated the best player in the NRL and is at least partly responsible for the club heading towards its best win record in history. He's entitled to bargain for his next contract. What more could he do? He's not stirring up any of this chatter. He has his head down giving his all.

Payne's manager is getting hounded by the press because we fans keep speculating on his future. He's currently responding to comments from the coach. Neither Payne nor his manager are doing anything wrong.

A reminder that Herbie pissed the club around until late February, was injured most of last season, flitted off to the World Cup (unlike Payne), defected to another club and no one ever said a bad word in his direction. In fact, you were yelled down if you dared criticize him.

There comes an asking price that will be too much for the Broncos. If another club/code can better the Broncos' all round deal, we just have to move on, wish him the best and thank him for his service. Which has been impeccable.
This is nonsense.
Don't forget Payne also helped us to our first spoon, and blaming the fans for wanting more info Is fucking ridiculous on the back of release requests and repeatedly turning down Broncos generous offers.

Patty didn't do this, not even close. Sure he tested his worth, but without all the media fanfare or potentially season disrupting drama, that Haas and his team have done.
Patty never met for lunch with Roosters bigwigs while still under contract, nor did he request a release when we were finally turning things around.

I don't give a fat flying **** if Payne is helping us to a GF this year because every other player in the Broncs is doing the same thing minus the contract drama.

Herbie didn't demand a contract increase & when denied, wanted an immediate release from the club.

On 100% Footy tonight they did, in fact, read a statement from his management. I’m paraphrasing here but it said they were always hopeful of doing a deal with the broncos and are still in discussions.

But, the panel (admittedly of idiots) went on to say they understood Payne was interested in including some post-football career options in discussions. At such a young age I find that weird af.
So he has shifted the goal posts again. First 1mill then premierships now post footy.
I'm all for giving him.a date and getting it settled one way or the other.
If he signs for 4 years then we prob lose our younger guys coming through who are looking top shelf atm.

So he has shifted the goal posts again. First 1mill then premierships now post footy.
I'm all for giving him.a date and getting it settled one way or the other.
If he signs for 4 years then we prob lose our younger guys coming through who are looking top shelf atm.
Exactly this.

It reeks of bullshit, and after seeing his managers promotional video, anyone that believes a word out of Haas's teams mouth is a fool.

Time and again the Broncos have accommodated Haas and his cronies.
Upgrades in good faith.
Stuck by him through his off-field drama.
Offered him far more than fair deals and upgrades and met virtually every demand he has set, yet here we are, still scratching our heads because Haas and his team have yet again moved the goalposts.

Ive honestly had enough of him.
Yes yes yes he is good, that is indisputable, but as others have made clear, no one guy is above the team, but Haas and co sure think they are.

This leads to disharmony, especially when you have guys getting paid far less to accommodate Haas demands.

Cut him loose, go after Tino.

Haas is good, but he doesn't have that mongrel in him that Tino has.

It's true, Kevvie said that Billy is holding back the team and Tyson is his preferred hooker but he just doesn't want to make it super awkward at Sunday dinner purple monkey dishwasher.

An aside of no interest to anyone at all.... we called our cover band Purple Monkey Dishwasher. I was always amazed how few people had any idea what it was from....

This is nonsense.
Don't forget Payne also helped us to our first spoon, and blaming the fans for wanting more info Is fucking ridiculous on the back of release requests and repeatedly turning down Broncos generous offers.

Patty didn't do this, not even close. Sure he tested his worth, but without all the media fanfare or potentially season disrupting drama, that Haas and his team have done.
Patty never met for lunch with Roosters bigwigs while still under contract, nor did he request a release when we were finally turning things around.

I don't give a fat flying **** if Payne is helping us to a GF this year because every other player in the Broncs is doing the same thing minus the contract drama.
So what? You're the brat now.

Herbie didn't demand a contract increase & when denied, wanted an immediate release from the club.
Herbie's pissed us around, talked to other clubs and dragged every contract, including demanding to play another position. When he didn't get what he wanted he only signed for a year, because he thought he could do better at the Dolphins. Again, it's his prerogative and his career. I'm not holding it against him.

Sweet comeback. You got me.
Well seriously, you're throwing a tantrum over something that happened a year ago during a flux of managers and bad advice from some shitstains in his Muslim brotherhood. All parties have long since moved on. Nothing he's done since then has warranted the slightest ill feelings.

Unread

Active Now

• whykickamoocow
  • Galah
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosAlways
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.