PLAYER Payne Haas

Well seriously, you're throwing a tantrum over something that happened a year ago during a flux of managers and bad advice from some shitstains in his Muslim brotherhood. All parties have long since moved on. Nothing he's done since then has warranted the slightest ill feelings.
He has played well for us, and performed above and beyond on the field. no doubt about it.

Barely a month or two go's bye without Haas being front and center in negotiation talks.

Just two months ago word got out that Haas was imminently about to sign the biggest contract in Broncos history, but then silence.

Its the fact that as Dexter said, the goalposts keep moving.
Its not about the money, its about premierships = bullshit.

Ive said this before and my opinion has not changed, there is a destabilizing element to all this.
This sort of shit would build resentment over time and also sets a fucking horrible example to the young guys coming through.

What if Walsh or Maam or any of the new guys coming through see this and figure they can do the same?
Just keep agitating for more money until the Broncos give in and ruin their cap on you, or another team beats the offer and you leave.

Patty is setting an example in the other direction.
Thats why there are no threads question Patty and his allegiances.

Time for a line in the sand. $1.1m is good value for him, good value for us and he gets to stay near his family and play for a contender. It ticks every single box and is good for both parties.

The only possible reason he wouldn't sign is because he wants more money, and if that's the case then pull the offer and start looking at alternatives.

Sick and tired of this. If you want to be a Bronco, prove it and sign now.. If not, then see you later.

How much of this is just the media talking BS though? If it's true that the manager is still going out to the media instead of letting it stay behind closed doors give Tino a call and ask if he wants Payne's spot and send Payne to the Titans next year.

Put offers in front of Payne and Tino, and say first to sign gets the deal

How much of this is just the media talking BS though? If it's true that the manager is still going out to the media instead of letting it stay behind closed doors give Tino a call and ask if he wants Payne's spot and send Payne to the Titans next year.

Can't unless Payne wants to go

Can’t believe this idiot has done this again two seasons straight him and his management have tried to derail our season and make it all about themselves. **** him off and give Patty Carrigan more money

He’s going to the roosters, I can feel it in my bones!

They’ve probably done the whole roosters business network spin and assured him they would “help” set himself up for post footy with a realestate portfolio etc.

Money bill & Khoder have probably been steering him their way since last year when they had their boy Weedler running stories on how unfair it was that poor Payne wasn’t getting paid his “market value”.

I'm certain Dave Donaghy is no idiot. I'm certain a lot of the media are idiots. Probably include Haas' manager in the latter group. There's no way Donaghy will pay overs whilst CEO of a team running equal first. Teams that pay overs go on end of season trips come semi time. Payne will no doubt be offered a deal that reflects his value to the Broncos. If he wants more he won't be getting it from a premiership contender. He'll just be on the plane to Bali come September.

There has been no statement as Rothfield claimed was coming. Badel/Read have published comments from his manager. I doubt there will be any statement.

Payne's manager said:

“I have a wonderful relationship with ‘Kevvie’ (Walters),” Merhi said.

“We have always been hopeful of a good outcome with the Broncos and we are still in dialogue.

“This week is Payne’s remarkable 100-game milestone.

“It’s a milestone that Payne, his family, friends, team and the fans should be celebrating.

“Talk of other issues only distracts from this milestone achievement and Brisbane’s run to the finals.”

P.s. unfortunately there are only a few ways to avoid this type coverage when high profile players are coming towards the end of their contracts ... And none of them are particularly appealing.

The first way is not to have high profile players that every club will want to sign and will earn plenty of clicks for the reporter.

The second is to become a perennial failure of a club, like the Tigers, to a point when no one gives two shits about them anymore.

And the third is to relocate away from Queensland to hide among the masses in Sydney, hoping the media forget about you

There has been no statement as Rothfield claimed was coming. Badel/Read have published comments from his manager. I doubt there will be any statement.

Payne's manager said:

“We have always been hopeful of a good outcome with the Broncos and we are still in dialogue.

“It’s a milestone that Payne, his family, friends, team and the fans should be celebrating.

“Talk of other issues only distracts from this milestone achievement and Brisbane’s run to the finals.”
**** that's rich.

Agitates for a release then says "talk of other issues distract from milestone achievements".

Utter dickhead.

P.s. unfortunately there are only a few ways to avoid this type coverage when high profile players are coming towards the end of their contracts ... And none of them are particularly appealing.

The first way is not to have high profile players that every club will want to sign and will earn plenty of clicks for the reporter.

The second is to become a perennial failure of a club, like the Tigers, to a point when no one gives two shits about them anymore.

And the third is to relocate away from Queensland to hide among the masses in Sydney, hoping the media forget about you
Melbourne Storm say hi.

Well seriously, you're throwing a tantrum over something that happened a year ago during a flux of managers and bad advice from some shitstains in his Muslim brotherhood. All parties have long since moved on. Nothing he's done since then has warranted the slightest ill feelings.
I have to disagree here.
He could have waited for when we have finished our playing commitments.
Instead, he drops this as we approach finals with a massive chance of going to the big dance the same as last year.
The guy isn't stupid, he signs off on what the manager does .
Bottom line , he has put himself first over the team.

Unlike last year with his spectacularly poor call for a release, this is a media agenda driving these headlines. They're desperate for a Broncos in crisis byline.
💯 and when they realised that the Broncos were so strong on the field .. all they can do now is to try and bring them down off the field.

Like I said, this reeks of desperation.

Unlike last year with his spectacularly poor call for a release, this is a media agenda driving these headlines. They're desperate for a Broncos in crisis byline.
Disagree. Although im sure that is a part of it.
Im leaning more towards his manager using every old trick in the book to milk every available dollar out of the Broncos.
Its a win/win for him that way.
Either the Broncos fold and pay ridiculous overs, or another team comes in and trumps the Broncos and pays ridiculous overs.

Of course the media would be loving it though.

Payne's manager said:

I mean you keep eye rolling and blowing off my posts Foordy but dont come back with any useful counter arguments.

I can write it all in crayon nice and slowly for you if you are having trouble keeping up mate.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Wild Horse
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • the_next
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Swordfish
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • sooticus
  • johnny plath
  • Big Del
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.