Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/broncos-playmaker-peter-wallace-labels-reports-of-broncos-exit-unfair/story-e6freon6-1226659644920

It is believed Brisbane recruitment chief Andrew Gee was last month contacted by Wallace's manager Allan Gainey, who intimated Wallace's ex-club Penrith were interested in snaring the former NSW half for 2014.

What's the bet that useless turd Andrew Gee begged Wallace to stay ......:001_rolleyes:

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I get the feeling Wallace will go but it won't be confirmed until end of the season or if we manage to get someone to sign with us.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Well, this is mid-season...

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

strangely, I would have thought that Wallace's character traits are exactly what the Broncos tradition is built on. I would get rid of lots of players before Peter Wallace. Our 'out of his depth' coach should be the one under the blow torch.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

strangely, I would have thought that Wallace's character traits are exactly what the Broncos tradition is built on. I would get rid of lots of players before Peter Wallace. Our 'out of his depth' coach should be the one under the blow torch.

Given we have scored some of the best tries this season on both sides, given that it is inconsistent, I would suggest that it isn't just the coach but the players as well - the whole bloody lot of them

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Wallace has only ever been in decent form once from memory at the back end of 2009.

He has more career worst form patches than purple patches, we will not win a premiership with him tying up cap money and keeping someone better out of a spot.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

I thought Wallace was in relatively good touch in 08, 2011 and the start of 2012 as well.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

His early 2012 was the best I've seen him play. I reckon that's his peak though, and it's not particularly high overall.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

I find this Wallace blame game so amusing .... feel like I've said this at least a thousand times - Wallace has always been what Wallace is ... the only difference is the personnel he's had around him ... He was the ideal fit when Lockyer was around but when the champ retired there seemed to be this presumption that Wallace would morph into something different and fill the Lockyer void ...

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Yeah ....cause good ole Pete will play sooo much better with a different coach. :001_rolleyes:

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Yeah ....cause good ole Pete will play sooo much better with a different coach. :001_rolleyes:

played great at Penrith and here under Bennett ...

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

If, as first. Receiver, he had some players in motion, some clever ruck plays and some plays where the ball carrier was difficult for the defence to target, yes Fourex he would play better. the lack of organization, coordination and slickness in the tackles from 1 to the kick are the problems with the Broncos. This is a training paddock issue and a game plan problem. your eye rolling emoticon reflects more on your naevity and lack of understanding by the way.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Pete can adequately play to a plan. That's about the nicest thing I can say about him.

The problem is the plan at the moment is shit, and he's surrounded by players who are unable to execute it...which is surprising since it's the most simple plan in the world.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

There are several players that should leave before Wallace does.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

If, as first. Receiver, he had some players in motion, some clever ruck plays and some plays where the ball carrier was difficult for the defence to target, yes Fourex he would play better. the lack of organization, coordination and slickness in the tackles from 1 to the kick are the problems with the Broncos. This is a training paddock issue and a game plan problem. your eye rolling emoticon reflects more on your naevity and lack of understanding by the way.

There's no need to get all pissy with the personal jibes......I simply believe that your evaluation of Peter Wallace isn't anywhere near close to reality.

Wallace can't organise shit......can't co-ordinate crap and is as slick as an old pensioner crossing the road.

A good halfback will play what's in front of him and has the ability to run plays without the coach on the field holding his hand. Brisbane at times look like an absolute rabble without any resemblance of team structure. It's why they so often revert back to the ole one out running stuff. Your halfback is supposed to be able to realise this and step in to take control. Wallace doesn't have a clue how to. Prince and even Hunt have shown the team more direction than Wallace has this year and that is more a reflection on him, rather than a particularly high standard of play to compare to....

R

Raw Boned Youngster

QCup Player
Mar 9, 2008

Lol

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Browny
  • LGH
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ezpz
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • phoenix
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.