Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

If we're still doing the whole "Buying a Fullback in the hopes of eventually moving them to Five-Eighth, Lockyer style", then it would seem that Coote and Mansour are the 2 most likely people we'd be after, I wouldn't mind either.

Preferably Mansour.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

I suggested a podcast a couple of years ago, but no one was interested!

I wouldn't mind Mansour if we picking players from the Panthers. Tim Grant is an obvious one.

Come on Ning get one going.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

In regards to DCE, Reynolds, etc, those players were forced to bide their time in NSW / QLD cup until their opportunity arose. In their preferred position. I wonder how Hunt would be performing right now if he'd done a two year apprenticeship in the QLD cup at #7. And better yet, even if he wasn't performing, at least we'd know.

Didn't think DCE spent that long in Qcup tbh.....1 season?

in fact I think he was fairly well fast tracked through the Manly system with both his talent and opportunity favoring him.

Opportunity rose when Orford and Hodginskin pissed off.......

Unfortunately for Brisbane, Peter Wallace is in the way and can't be budged (**** knows why)

This alone has hindered Ben Hunts development and opportunities.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

in fact I think he was fairly well fast tracked through the Manly system with both his talent and opportunity favoring him.

Opportunity rose when Orford and Hodginskin ****ed off.......

Unfortunately for Brisbane, Peter Wallace is in the way and can't be budged (**** knows why)

1 season would be 1 season longer than any of our young players have spent in Q cup. Macca, Norman, Hunt, Hoffman, neither have spent a season in Q cup.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

I'm not against the promotion of rookies. Im against the calling for random selection of rookies based on nothing.

I've endorsed the section of Hampton, Milford and Cornish.

Why not Ashley Taylor 1910? Lewis talks him up big time.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Thought Alf was talking him up ......Wal too?

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

I can't remember when I heard Wally Lewis talk about him, but he thinks he's got the goods. Very curious as to why 1910 wouldn't pick him (I know nothing about QCup or NYC players) when he's doing very well.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Opportunity rose when Orford and Hodginskin ****ed off.......

He played two seasons in the 20's then got moved onto the Cup. His one year in Cup was outstanding in 2010- captain of the Residents, Courier Mail best and fairest, rookie of the year, and missed out by one point in the player of the year.

Best and fairest is picked by the refs and player of the year is voted by the coaches of all the teams.

Only thing he didn't do was get Sunny Coast to back to back premierships.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Why not Ashley Taylor 1910? Lewis talks him up big time.

Those other three are playing Qld Cup or have played several years of 20's so they've established some consistency and form line. Taylor has played 8 games.

He might well be a superstar in the future and has done some good things in those games (Yes I've watched them all) he's played but talking about promotion to NRL is a premature.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010

Out of all of them though, just taking into account this years form, who is the best of all of them in your opinion?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Out of all of them though, just taking into account this years form, who is the best of all of them in your opinion?

Milford is playing NRL and starting to make an impact. The others aren't there yet.

Cornish is my favourite though.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I'd take any of Canberra's 3 younger halves, I'd take Coote too, maybe he'll get over his injuries. I just want us to take a chance on someone, all this passive recruitment is just terrible.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Does the Luke Walsh release make you guys think there is more credibility to wal asking for one

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

Wallace's quotes in the CM seems to suggest that Penrith have definitely made an offer to Wallace.

No word on whether he's going to take it up.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Yep, didn't deny it.

I'd say he'll be a Panther again next year.

Last edited:
ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

PETER Wallace has labelled "unfair" the stream of reports linking him to an early exit from the Broncos.

Speaking for the first time since his manager asked the Broncos if they were interested in releasing Wallace to take up a potentially lucrative deal at the Panthers, the 27-year-old halfback told The Courier-Mail he had been disappointed by the timing of the reports.

"It annoys me a fair bit actually when stuff gets put in the paper like that when it was out of my control," Wallace said.

"It was all talk. Before anything has even happened you don't get a chance to tell anyone about it.

"It is all out there in the public domain."

It is believed Brisbane recruitment chief Andrew Gee was last month contacted by Wallace's manager Allan Gainey, who intimated Wallace's ex-club Penrith were interested in snaring the former NSW half for 2014.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ncos-exit-unfair/story-e6freon6-1226659644920

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008

As much as i like his gutsy character, i think it might be best for the Broncos if we let him go and signed a younger prospect.

Easier said than done though.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Shane Tronc
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • KickHaas
  • Midean
  • broncs30
  • Justwin
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Lostboy
  • BroncoFan94
  • broncos4life
  • Browny
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.