Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Got some further information today about the Sandow/Wallace situation, although it confused me a little bit. Apparently the Sandow deal hinges on Wallace's decision to stay or go to Penrith. If he decides to go, Sandow will come in immediately. I'm not sure what that means in terms of Wallace at the club, but this is what I was told.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Got some further information today about the Sandow/Wallace situation, although it confused me a little bit. Apparently the Sandow deal hinges on Wallace's decision to stay or go to Penrith. If he decides to go, Sandow will come in immediately. I'm not sure what that means in terms of Wallace at the club, but this is what I was told.

tha **** ? Is Sandow on that Ricky Stuart shit list ?

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I'd much prefer we picked up a Cornish or Keary type and backed them in instead of getting Sandow.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

I'd pay Cornish, Keary and Milford twice as much as Sandow, per year, that's how much I don't want him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Not keen on Sandow, but the only way it could work would be alongside Wallace as an organiser. Simply can't work on his own.

I think we'd need a good fullback too - minimum Kevin Locke, but preferably Ben Barba.

But I'm firmly in the "NO" column.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I don't know why the myth of Peter Wallace "the organiser" gets thrown around.

He couldn't organise a **** in a brothel......IMO

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008

I'm super keen at the prospect of seeing Sandow in a Broncos Jersey, I can only think of how good he looked when he was behind the decent forward pack in South Sydney, and well we ain't got much but a decent pack we do have, The guy reminds me of Alfie in his freakish touches and real knack of playing exciting football...the problem is we are watching him play behind a crap pack at parra with no go forward, meaning he has no time to play footy. Give Sandow half the time we give Wallace and I know all the "NO to SANDOW" group will be rethinking their stance.

I'm a big "HELL YES" to Sandow.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

[MENTION=1896]SSS[/MENTION] i'm on your train there, let's give him a chance and see what he can do behind the likes of Hannant and Parker.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

tumblr_maemtjuBt61rprh4to1_500_zps0e511987.gif

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I don't know why the myth of Peter Wallace "the organiser" gets thrown around.

He couldn't organise a **** in a brothel......IMO

I disagree with that. organisation and defence are probably he's only positive points.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Y'all need to stop using the brothel analogy with Wallace. In the last 18 months he's managed to have us in a position where we are well and truly fucked.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

I honestly can't believe we're actually sitting here convincing ourselves that Sandow would be a good signing. It's like the time we convinced ourselves Shane Tronc was a good signing, such was the despairing depth of our forwards at the time.

I agree with everything Broncoman said about him. He plays a good game once a month, has no consistency, is a mouthy little **** who thinks he's the games best hitman (and usually ends up about 3m's backwards from the initial point of impact) and disappears consistently.

We already have a player that plays for himself in Norman, we don't really need to replace him with another.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I honestly can't believe we're actually sitting here convincing ourselves that Sandow would be a good signing. It's like the time we convinced ourselves Shane Tronc was a good signing, such was the despairing depth of our forwards at the time.

I agree with everything Broncoman said about him. He plays a good game once a month, has no consistency, is a mouthy little **** who thinks he's the games best hitman (and usually ends up about 3m's backwards from the initial point of impact) and disappears consistently.

We already have a player that plays for himself in Norman, we don't really need to replace him with another.

But the point is we do need to replace him with SOMEONE, we do need to change SOMETHING, that's why we are having this discussion. It's a pretty sad indictment on this current administration that this is the point we are at.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

I agree something has to change, but we're not going to get him for cheap and if we're going to outlay money on someone, I'd rather it on a kid then on someone who's proven nothing at all despite having several seasons in the NRL. Seriously, what's the guy done? Zero.

It is infuriating that we are potentially at this point.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I agree something has to change, but we're not going to get him for cheap and if we're going to outlay money on someone, I'd rather it on a kid then on someone who's proven nothing at all despite having several seasons in the NRL. Seriously, what's the guy done? Zero.

It is infuriating that we are potentially at this point.

I agree, but we are at this point and it could potentially get worse cos its a flow on effect. The longer we stay stagnate, the further other teams improve, the lower we sink on the ladder, we have to pay massive overs to convince players to come (parra style) annd it goes on and on...

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Like x1000

Just as well the Broncos' recruitment staff aren't as panicky as some of these posters.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • davidp
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Ironbroncos
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mr Fourex
  • Ondi
  • Brocko
  • mitch222
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.