Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

But the point is we do need to replace him with SOMEONE, we do need to change SOMETHING, that's why we are having this discussion. It's a pretty sad indictment on this current administration that this is the point we are at.
What really is a sad indictment, is that people actually believe that getting rid of Wallace is going to solve our issues...

It must be the ranga's fault that we have the highest average of missed tackles per game.
It must be the ranga's fault that half of the playing roster doesn't do the 1%'ers one week, the other half the next.
It must be the ranga's fault that we have the worst ruck defense in the NRL.
It must be the ranga's fault that our line speed is atrocious at times.
It must be the ranga's fault that the forwards don't move up in pairs in attack.
It must be the ranga's fault that our hooker's service delay cost us a couple of meters almost every play the ball.
It must be the ranga's fault that our fullback has the same sense of urgency as a tortoise.
It must be the ranga's fault that our winger has no awareness where the side line is.

I could go on and on...

There are so many issues that need to be addressed before getting rid of Wallace, it's not funny.
Yet, here we are. The ranga who always gives 110% on the field, is being talked out of the club in exchange for... Sandow! :scared:

FFS, look at the Cowboys. They have the best half in the world behind one of the best forward packs in the NRL! Yet, look where they're at...

Look at Souths until McGuire arrived at the club... Discipline, commitment, Sandow OUT, a halfback without flashy stuff alongside a five-eight who played 4 or 5 games a year at his best, and was ordinary the rest of the time. Yes, they have the benefit of having what probably is the best player in the world at the moment at fullback, but it's that change in attitude that put them on the map, not fucking Sandow!

The team needs an attitude shift, which appears to have started happening against the Tigers. Get the basics right first, because without them, flashy plays aren't going to solve anything.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

What really is a sad indictment, is that people actually believe that getting rid of Wallace is going to solve our issues...

It must be the ranga's fault that we have the highest average of missed tackles per game.
It must be the ranga's fault that half of the playing roster doesn't do the 1%'ers one week, the other half the next.
It must be the ranga's fault that we have the worst ruck defense in the NRL.
It must be the ranga's fault that our line speed is atrocious at times.
It must be the ranga's fault that the forwards don't move up in pairs in attack.
It must be the ranga's fault that our hooker's service delay cost us a couple of meters almost every play the ball.
It must be the ranga's fault that our fullback has the same sense of urgency as a tortoise.
It must be the ranga's fault that our winger has no awareness where the side line is.

I could go on and on...

There are so many issues that need to be addressed before getting rid of Wallace, it's not funny.
Yet, here we are. The ranga who always gives 110% on the field, is being talked out of the club in exchange for... Sandow! :scared:

FFS, look at the Cowboys. They have the best half in the world behind one of the best forward packs in the NRL! Yet, look where they're at...

Look at Souths until McGuire arrived at the club... Discipline, commitment, Sandow OUT, a halfback without flashy stuff alongside a five-eight who played 4 or 5 games a year at his best, and was ordinary the rest of the time. Yes, they have the benefit of having what probably is the best player in the world at the moment at fullback, but it's that change in attitude that put them on the map, not ****ing Sandow!

The team needs an attitude shift, which appears to have started happening against the Tigers. Get the basics right first, because without them, flashy plays aren't going to solve anything.

Port, I wasnt suggesting wallace for sandow, as I have said the only way I could see sandow working and the only way I would be ok with sandow at the broncos is alongside wallace

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Wallace is shit regardless of the other issues at the club.

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008

Ohhh yay, lets continue the theme...

It must be the ranga's fault that our attack was stopped by the ranga getting tackled 8 times last week against the tigers
It must be the ranga's fault that he is supposed to be the main playmaker and yet he is utterly crap at making any plays
It must be the ranga's fault that his only attacking play is a poorly placed bomb that has actually worked twice in the last two seasons
It must be the ranga's fault that as a halfback the only good thing said about him is that he tackles well

I don't believe moving Wallace on is gonna solve all our problems for one minute, but lets be honest even if the only thing solved by moving him on is that fact that I will never have to scream how completely useless Wallace is ever again, then I will call that a big step in the right direction.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Port, I wasnt suggesting wallace for sandow, as I have said the only way I could see sandow working and the only way I would be ok with sandow at the broncos is alongside wallace
That's not the point. The point is that people concentrate on Wallace (or our halves) as the source of our problems.
Our defence is our problem, our attitude is our problem. Our attack is the least of our problems!

This is all like trying to build a house starting with the roof!

We won a premiership with Shane Perry, Manly with Orford, the Dogs got to the Grand Final with fucking Keating as halfback, but yeah... Wallace is shit, so let's concentrate on that, instead of addressing what actually matters. :001_rolleyes:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Peter Wallace is so (good). I can't believe he's still (considering moving away). Goddammit Hook, just (convince him to stay) already. There are so many (worse players) we could be signing instead, and I have (complete faith) in Gee and Hook.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Ohhh yay, lets continue the theme...

It must be the ranga's fault that our attack was stopped by the ranga getting tackled 8 times last week against the tigers
It must be the ranga's fault that he is supposed to be the main playmaker and yet he is utterly crap at making any plays
It must be the ranga's fault that his only attacking play is a poorly placed bomb that has actually worked twice in the last two seasons
It must be the ranga's fault that as a halfback the only good thing said about him is that he tackles well

I don't believe moving Wallace on is gonna solve all our problems for one minute, but lets be honest even if the only thing solved by moving him on is that fact that I will never have to scream how completely useless Wallace is ever again, then I will call that a big step in the right direction.
Ask Souths or Parra fans how they feel about Sandow... :loool:

Or you can ask the Cowboys fans how they feel about having the best half in the world behind a superior forward pack, and manage to be lower on the ladder than the team with the nuffy halfback...

I'm sure you'll be jumping in your seat of excitement the 3 times a year Sandow does a flashy play and ignore the many tries we'll suffer as a consequence of his defence. :001_rolleyes:

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Peter Wallace is so (good). I can't believe he's still (considering moving away). Goddammit Hook, just (convince him to stay) already. There are so many (worse players) we could be signing instead, and I have (complete faith) in Gee and Hook.
Apparently, reading is not your forte. Not to worry, I will try to use pictures next time... :thumbup1:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

I was just posting my onions.

A

austyphoon

NYC Player
May 26, 2013

Ask Souths or Parra fans how they feel about Sandow... :loool:

Or you can ask the Cowboys fans how they feel about having the best half in the world behind a superior forward pack, and manage to be lower on the ladder than the team with the nuffy halfback...

While they and their fans would be disappointed but considering they only have 4 current rep players. Thurston has been injured and out of form (has missed games as well), Matt Scott isn't at peak form and Tamou all over the place. They at least have a reason for their poor form.

Over half our team are/were rep players.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

While they and their fans would be disappointed but considering they only have 4 current rep players. Thurston has been injured and out of form (has missed games as well), Matt Scott isn't at peak form and Tamou all over the place. They at least have a reason for their poor form.

Over half our team are/were rep players.
Surely you jest! :scared:

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

Being camped inside teams 30m line for set after set and never even looking like breaking through for a try IS wallaces problem, and its a HUGE one. cant win games if you cant score points. the end of last year was just comical in how impotent our attack was. our forwards were getting us rolling down into attacking position, then wallace just had nothing. hes our main playmaker, and time after time he just produced nothing.

the reason lots of us want him gone is not because we think hes our ONLY problem, but because he doesnt do anything that any other half in the game can and does do. we are NEVER going to win a premiership with him as our main attacking half, and as such he should not be in our future plans. hes had long enough to prove himself and hes failed. any number of other second string halves could play as well as he does week in week out, and they could improve and offer more than wallace does. wallace isnt getting better, ever. hes peaked. we've seen wallaces best. its not good enough to carry a team. even with all our other problems, replacing him wont cause us any more problems - thats why we want him gone. we wont lose anything if we kick him, and we have everything to gain by doing so.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

We've scored enough points in most games to win them this season, yet we lost them.

Our defence sucks, our attitude is worse, we need a proper fullback and a half to replace Prince, because we know Hunt won't be it, yet Wallace is all people focus on. it's beyond ridiculous!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Unlike most of the problems you've listed Porthoz, Wallace is one that cannot be fixed by sticking with the same player. Line speed, 1%, whatever else hasn't peaked and failed like Wallace has. I do agree that Prince is worthless though, and Hunt seems like he's more than likely going to end up worthless too. But Wallace is the most expensive and most seemingly entrenched problem that we have.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

2012 - Wallace/Norman, scrapped into the 8
2013 - Wallace/Prince, likely won't make the 8.

Out of 38 games across those two seasons so far we have won 17 and the constant has been Wallace as the Half.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Out of 38 games across those two seasons so far we have won 17 and the constant has been Wallace as the Half.

Another constant has been Sam Thaiday as captain and Anthony Griffin as coach. If all 3 of those things change before 2014 I think we're in a much better position to win football games.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah, there were no other players in the team...
Anyway, I've made my position clear, and I'm certainly not going to keep arguing about it, especially not with people who even entertain the thought that Sandow would be better, and choose to ignore all the more important glaring issues we have...

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Broncs1459
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • mrslong
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.