Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

That's not the point. The point is that people concentrate on Wallace (or our halves) as the source of our problems.
Our defence is our problem, our attitude is our problem. Our attack is the least of our problems!

This is all like trying to build a house starting with the roof!

We won a premiership with Shane Perry, Manly with Orford, the Dogs got to the Grand Final with ****ing Keating as halfback, but yeah... Wallace is ****, so let's concentrate on that, instead of addressing what actually matters. :001_rolleyes:

I know he was crap at the Raiders but Orford was a very good consistent player for Melbourne and was great at the Sea Eagles.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I know he was crap at the Raiders but Orford was a very good consistent player for Melbourne and was great at the Sea Eagles.
Nah, just an average halfback (much like Wallace), behind a great team and brilliant coach(es).

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

If Wallace leaves is there a celebration party at Mr Fourex's place?

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

Nah, just an average halfback (much like Wallace), behind a great team and brilliant coach(es).
He also ran the ball and had a decent short kicking game. Can't say the same for Wallace.

Also, not that it's the single most important endorsement, but he did win a Dally M... so at least it shows he was consistently good enough at some point in his career. Again, can't say the same for Wallace.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

the problem is the tactical bankruptcy of the coach.
There appears to be no creative or imaginative plays that are articulated and communicated at training. Our coach and the school boy like mediocrity of our administration is the problem. it is comical to think that our fan bois expect this off the cuff brilliance from Wallace and McCulloch et al. The coach is to blame because we are a disjointed rabble.

Finally, we seem to be in agreement. I blame not Wallace for his being at the Bronco's. I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Brisbane management.

Andrew Gee really screwed the pooch by re-signing the useless red headed numpty......

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

He also ran the ball and had a decent short kicking game. Can't say the same for Wallace.

Also, not that it's the single most important endorsement, but he did win a Dally M... so at least it shows he was consistently good enough at some point in his career. Again, can't say the same for Wallace.

Yeah....porthoz is desperately (as usual) trying to give some kind of accolade to Wallace.

Fact is, Matt Orford has/had more attacking/organising ability in his little finger than Wallace has in his entire body.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Finally, we seem to be in agreement. I blame not Wallace for his being at the Bronco's. I lay the blame squarely at the feet of Brisbane management.

Andrew Gee really screwed the pooch by re-signing the useless red headed numpty......

Wayne Bennett signed Wallace not Gee ... in fact i'm pretty sure we signed Wallace before Gee had anything to do with recruitment

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Wayne Bennett signed Wallace not Gee ... in fact i'm pretty sure we signed Wallace before Gee had anything to do with recruitment
I think he means the renewal of the contract by Gee mate...

Fourex and the blind Wallace hatred... now that is desperation!

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013

I disagree. I reckon 2009 was his best season with us. We looked Grand Final bound or at least we looked like we could have matched Melbourne in the Prelim Final. But once Wallace went down in the dying minutes against the Dragons and they went with K.Hunt in the halves we were never a chance. Wallace never really recovered from that injury as he was playing some brilliant football particularly his inside passing.

Fair call, Mister Wright. I've said many times that under Henjack, we played some wonderful, attacking football. Although having Lockyer, Folau and Hodges on the right side of 30 is pretty handy when doing that and as you say Wallace was pretty dangerous that year as well. Admittedly, we leaked a lot a of points under Ivan which got fans offside but I tend to think defensive problems are easier to fix than attacking ones.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

Defence is drills, training...technique. All of that can be learnt.

Creativity, vision, skills like JT...that shit can't be taught. You've got it or you don't.

(Example: QLD has it, NSW don't :laugh: )

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ost-wallace-400k/story-fnca0von-1226683994813

AN angry Peter Wallace has been left in disbelief after being told by the Broncos to find a new home for next season - a decision that could cost the former Origin star as much as $400,000.

Similarly, the pressure on Wallace and fellow veteran Scott Prince to turn around the Broncos' stuttering season has taken its toll on Griffin, who is understood to have told Wallace over the weekend that he should start looking around for potential suitors with Brisbane "heading in another direction".

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

AN angry Peter Wallace has been left in disbelief after being told by the Broncos to find a new home for next season - a decision that could cost the former Origin star as much as $400,000.

Similarly, the pressure on Wallace and fellow veteran Scott Prince to turn around the Broncos' stuttering season has taken its toll on Griffin, who is understood to have told Wallace over the weekend that he should start looking around for potential suitors with Brisbane "heading in another direction".

It's probably for the best, but a shame, because I don't think he deserves half the shit he cops from the fans. He was never meant to be a star player, he was meant to be solid, and solid he has been.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

It's probably for the best, but a shame, because I don't think he deserves half the **** he cops from the fans. He was never meant to be a star player, he was meant to be solid, and solid he has been.

You've nailed it for mine. With the position we are currently I think we need to move wallace on, but it's a shame cos the guy always gave his all and has been our most solid and dependable player. IMHO the club has let the fans and wallace down by expecting him to be the superstar, when that's not him. Spent most of his career playing alongside locky and once he returns he gets paired with normal and grandpa prince

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I feel bad for Wal, he has to be one of the toughest players to play for the broncos. I think he was the perfect half to partner Lockyer. The fact is we won't have another Lockyer. If we'd signed Thurston or Carney I would've loved to see him stay as his reliable style would've suited them. He either has to move on to accommodate a DCE, or to replaced by 2 halves that aren't as reliable but have a more creative attack.

I wish him luck for the rest of his career and want to see him do well after all the years of service he gave us.

B

Broncos

Banned User
Jul 24, 2013

It's probably for the best, but a shame, because I don't think he deserves half the **** he cops from the fans. He was never meant to be a star player, he was meant to be solid, and solid he has been.

Well said mate. y u no mod nomore?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008

Being a perfect partner for Lockyer is probably more of a negative than a positive. Shane Perry was a perfect partner for him too. Being a perfect partner for Lockyer is pretty much just staying out of his way, and re-structuring the side after his attacking plays.
I think Wallace just lacks in too many areas to be a guaranteed starter and $400K+ half.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012

Would be a good partner to benji or Thurston probably Todd Carney too.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • leon.bott
  • HVbronco
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.