Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Pretty dog from the Broncos after he turns down his Penrith deal. Now Prince will call it quits and we'll have Hunt + nobody.

Pretty dog from the Broncos after he turns down his Penrith deal. Now Prince will call it quits and we'll have Hunt + nobody.

I can only assume they'd be letting him go because they've signed someone.

Yeah that young dude from the under 20s on 300k who has yet to play a first grade game and is out for the rest of the season injured.

I reckon hodgo would make a good 5/8 but needs a fullback that can kick and a half with a string kicking game. If it weren't for backline injuries would have been good there this year. You can hardly say prince has a kicking game anyway. Thaiday's two kicks have been better than anything prince dished up this year. Although I think prince's playmaking is really good when he decides to. Maybe with him as the dominant half he will be more consistent there. I'm very worried about long kicking game this next match. For all wallace's lack of talent this is one area he did have it. Intact his long kicking game v warriors was one of the best I've seen fullstop. Right up there with cronks good games even.

Yeah that young dude from the under 20s on 300k who has yet to play a first grade game and is out for the rest of the season injured.

You know I love you like a brother, we'll get through this together!

I just don't think Wallace is a halfback. Would be an ideal hooker IMO. He has always tried hard and that has never been the issue. He just has never been good enough aside from a purple patch here and there.

I just don't think Wallace is a halfback. Would be an ideal hooker IMO. He has always tried hard and that has never been the issue. He just has never been good enough aside from a purple patch here and there.
Unless there is a fire feeding the Cam Smith smoke, this is exactly what I would do with Wallace. Put him at hooker giving much more decent ball to the halves and better direction to the forwards.

As much as he lacks natural talent and speed, he has good organisational skills, solid defense, and his lack of speed and X-factor wouldn't be as noticeable and restrictive to the team.

He definitely doesn't deserve the treatment given to him by some "fans" and if there is any truth to this latest rumour, it's a pretty low blow from the club!

LOL @ "fans" .........:winky:

What is the club supposed to do? Stick with him even though he isn't the player we need to move forward? It's harsh, but it's for the best for the club. And maybe a change of clubs would do him wonders - a club where he can just play support to a better half.

Wallace has served this club very well...some fans won't appreciate how many injuries this guy played through to be there for us but it was a bloody good effort and I'm much prouder to have him at the club than the likes of Karmichael Hunt who packed their bags and left.

With that said, the time has come. Wallace served us well but it's clear he isn't capable of doing the job we need him to and for $400K he isn't worth keeping in our squad.

What is the club supposed to do? Stick with him even though he isn't the player we need to move forward? It's harsh, but it's for the best for the club. And maybe a change of clubs would do him wonders - a club where he can just play support to a better half.

I don't blame the club for moving him on, cos as much as I like Wallace we probably do need to move on for our future. The dick move by the club was not informing him 2 months ago when he was getting good offers from other clubs

Guys, I know I am gonna cop some criticisms for this, but I am not ashamed to admit I currently have a few tears in my eyes after reading what has happened to Wal over the past 24-36 hours. Say what you like about him, but I have never seen a less-talented playmaker give more effort and blood than Wallace has for the team. He is a fierce defender who always gives his all and has suffered many an injury putting his body on the line for the lads.

Whilst it does seem more certain by the day he won't be in Broncos colors beyond this year, I hope he can find peace and happiness at the next club he goes to. He deserves that much AT least.

I feel like I've been dumped by my deb partner and then finding out my entire family was killed in a freak accident.

No ......you just insinuate that the person having a different opinion to you must be female (knowing that they are male)

Get off your high horse and jog on ......

I apologise that you took that post in an offensive way, it really wasn't meant to come across in that manner. I wasn't insinuating that your opinion was any less valid than the others posted.

I'm guilty of a shit joke, if nothing else.

That's not to take away anything I said in my last reply to you, it wasn't in spite, it was an observation I've made while reading your posts, and replies to other members.

As for Wallace, I hope he finds a club to go to, While not being as passionate about it as FaithInHook, I do certainly feel for the bloke. The only thing he's really done wrong is not grow into a player that he, and management surely knew, just was not cut out to be.

Why did you get it in your head that he was meant to become a super star? He wasn't bought to the club to be that person, he was bought to be solid next to our decent play maker. He's been solid in the role he's in the team for, all while dealing with the added pressure that everyone in Brisbane are expecting him to be ten times the player he's meant to be.

Meanwhile, you have someone who does have the true ability to make it for himself, and become the next big thing. He's shown potential, but seems to lack the right attitude required on the footy field. He isn't passionate when he plays, he lacks a spine, and when he does do something good, it's usually ended with him being selfish, and not passing the ball.

I'm confused as to why other people can't see that, and I'm even more confused as to why there are people who are not happy to see him go.

If everyone knew he wasn't a star, he shouldn't have been asking for (and we shouldn't have been accepting) his price tag.

Wallace has served this club very well...some fans won't appreciate how many injuries this guy played through to be there for us but it was a bloody good effort and I'm much prouder to have him at the club than the likes of Karmichael Hunt who packed their bags and left.

With that said, the time has come. Wallace served us well but it's clear he isn't capable of doing the job we need him to and for $400K he isn't worth keeping in our squad.

Players like K Hunt and Folau up and left because they received ridiculous amounts of interest from other clubs/codes, as far as I know no one has been or would want to go after Wallace because he is just average. He cant up and leave if no one is chasing him. The broncos have stuck by him for long enough, it's time to bring in another redhead :thumbup1:

Players like K Hunt and Folau up and left because they received ridiculous amounts of interest from other clubs/codes, as far as I know no one has been or would want to go after Wallace because he is just average. He cant up and leave if no one is chasing him. The broncos have stuck by him for long enough, it's time to bring in another redhead :thumbup1:

Actually he publicly turned down an offer from the Panthers to stay loyal to the Broncos not long ago.. You've got to feel a bit sorry for him.

I apologise that you took that post in an offensive way, it really wasn't meant to come across in that manner. I wasn't insinuating that your opinion was any less valid than the others posted.

I'm guilty of a shit joke, if nothing else.

Sure ......

Why did you get it in your head that he was meant to become a super star? He wasn't bought to the club to be that person, he was bought to be solid next to our decent play maker. He's been solid in the role he's in the team for, all while dealing with the added pressure that everyone in Brisbane are expecting him to be ten times the player he's meant to be.

I never thought he would be a star player......he lost me in about 2010, I think Locky was injured on our run into the finals and for a couple games there we needed our half to stand up. IMO he failed....miserably. He wasn't Bronco material and we as Bronco fans shouldn't have had to put up with the ensuing years of mediocrity wearing the number 7. The history and reverence of that jersey deserves a lot better than Peter Wallace.

For Brisbane to win another premiership we needed a lot more out of our halfback than someone who can tackle........

Meanwhile, you have someone who does have the true ability to make it for himself, and become the next big thing. He's shown potential, but seems to lack the right attitude required on the footy field. He isn't passionate when he plays, he lacks a spine, and when he does do something good, it's usually ended with him being selfish, and not passing the ball.

I'm confused as to why other people can't see that, and I'm even more confused as to why there are people who are not happy to see him go.

Why you're confused IMO is because everything you said about Norman is subjective. "He seems to lack the right attitude" ......."He isn't passionate when he plays" ....."he lacks a spine" ..........

and that I think is the difference in our attitudes. I try and take the teenage angst out of it when I'm judging a footballer and focus on their footballing ability and talent, others/you, focus instead on bitchy sneers about the perception of a player's "personality" or somehow imply that you have deep inside knowledge of their character ......

Peter Wallace is a nuffy .......it's there for all to see.

Whether Corey Norman is "trying hard enough" or has a shit attitude on the field, I have no idea because I'm not out there.....neither is anyone else on this site. I suspect though if you said to his team mates that he wasn't trying enough, not too many would agree.

Peter Wallace and Corey Norman ....have there ever been two more polarising players in the opinions of passionate Brisbane fans?

I'm not going to cry about Norman leaving .....I've already said that it's IMO poor form on his behalf that he's decided to jump ship after all the club has done for him

but if I'm supposed to cry about Wallace leaving, well it just aint gonna happen. IMO this is one of the better sackings of a player since Ashton Brickhands was told he wasn't wanted anymore......

Actually he publicly turned down an offer from the Panthers to stay loyal to the Broncos not long ago.. You've got to feel a bit sorry for him.

Why.....?

He was fishing around and tossing up if he wanted to leave us or not?

Loyalty ....yeah, nahhhhh.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Robboi_321
  • Old Mate
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.