Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

lets just make wallace our FT hooker and ship macca out? i think that works

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011

I wouldn't read too much into that article.

I'd say the club have told him, you are welcome to leave and we wont stop you but you're not our first choice half any more so we recommend shipping out if you want to be playing regular footy.

I still think Wallace will be gone next year, there must be a club out there that wants a mediocre half!

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

lets just make wallace our FT hooker and ship macca out? i think that works
replace the second slowest passer of the ball in our team with the slowest, in the position that requires a fast pass of the ball? no thanks.

ship them both out and get a real hooker. we already dropped the ball on going after peats.

IMO we should just stick it out for 1 more year now, but make it a priority to get jake friend from the roosters for 2015. hes a fantastic player, and will only be 25 (same age as mccullough actually).

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

replace the second slowest passer of the ball in our team with the slowest, in the position that requires a fast pass of the ball? no thanks.

ship them both out and get a real hooker. we already dropped the ball on going after peats.

IMO we should just stick it out for 1 more year now, but make it a priority to get jake friend from the roosters for 2015. hes a fantastic player, and will only be 25 (same age as mccullough actually).

I doubt it. Even if we were in negotiations, I can't see a desperate Parra paying him anything less than $400k, especially as they'll consider him their 80-minute hooker. Not worth that much IMO, especially as the Rabbitohs pack makes all the smaller, zippier players look better than they'd otherwise be at another club.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Anyone checked on Mr Fourex? I'm hoping he doesn't have any rope lying around....

Sure is an emotional roller coaster ride.........damn you to hell Peter Wallace.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye..

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Wallace would be a better 14 than Hunt. He's built for it.

I reckon he would eventually take to it like Michael Ennis did

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Sure is an emotional roller coaster ride.........damn you to hell Peter Wallace.

emotionalrollercoaster.png

O

ozwire

BRL Player
Mar 11, 2008
Wallace to be punted???

Surprised i am first on this!!!

[h=2]Wallace On The Outer?[/h] [h=3]Reports Peter Wallace has been told to look for another club[/h]Reports Peter Wallace has been dumped by the struggling Brisbane Broncos with the halfback told to look for another club next season.
It's believed Wallace is very unhappy about the decision after rejecting an offer to re-join Penrith earlier this year, reported The Australian.
The halfback has already felt the heat from coach Anthony Griffin, being dropped to the bench for this weekend's must-win game against the North Queensland Cowboys.
Rumours are flying left and right about players the Broncos have in their sights; this week Cameron Smith's name was thrown in the ring alongside Daly Cherry-Evans, Ben Barba and now Karmichael Hunt.
"Smith is No.1, without a doubt. He is the leader of the NRL. He can turn the side around," said Gorden Tallis, on Triple M. "He's probably one of the best leaders to ever play our game."
"Last year there was three halfbacks that went on the market, (Johnathan) Thurston, (Cooper) Cronk and Cherry-Evans. We had to get one."
"I would have gone for Cherry-Evans because he's the youngest. I think he can stay for a long time."

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Re: Wallace to be punted???

Wow do you have like a time machine or something?!? If so can I borrow it for like 5 minutes... I've got a couple people, I mean things I wanna do.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Let's just say.. you aren't the first.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Surprised i am first on this!!!

:laugh: .....well, isn't this awkward.

ReidRollingEyes_zps8ba18ba8.gif

Still, it's great news.........I didn't mind reading it again. :thumbup1:

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

whys this in the normal forum?

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Re: It's official ........

As I said Wallace made Macca look like a superstar tonight

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Bronco bob
  • Lurker
  • Manofoneway
  • johnny plath
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.