Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Re: It's official ........

I think this thread is a little unfair on Wallace. Even if most of us agree he's not the answer in the halves, the guy does try hard week in week out.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

I think this thread is a little unfair on Wallace. Even if most of us agree he's not the answer in the halves, the guy does try hard week in week out.

:001_rolleyes:

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

:001_rolleyes:

It's true. He does. He's just not what we need...which is a pity because he typifies what I see as the Broncos spirit of leaving nothing in the tank at the end of a game.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

It's true. He does. He's just not what we need...which is a pity because he typifies what I see as the Broncos spirit of leaving nothing in the tank at the end of a game.

Prince has "tried" just as hard all year and copped nothing but shit for it......

Wallace can go and "try" to play rugby league somewhere else.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

He certainly justified his redundancy. No need to pick him next week. This game was just a notice period and a gesture of thanks. Seeya ranga

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

I like Wallace - I reckon he is a very competitive player (and Lockyer did rank him as the toughest player he ever played with or against) but unfortunately he just isn't the player this team needs. We need a superstar to run the show (hello Daly). Wallace, whilst he tries hard week in week out, just doesn't have the talent to be that superstar.

I still reckon if he played for Melbourne under Bellamy's coaching structure with plenty of runners and plenty of options, he would be a very good player.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

There are enough threads already for Fourex and cohorts to wank about. Merged...

This relentless crap on a player that regardless of talent, has always left everything he has on the field for the Broncos jersey, seriously makes me wanna puke.
He may lack talent, he may not be what we need, and he will probably move on at the end of the season, but he certainly doesn't deserve this treatment!

Footy fans can be real pricks sometimes, and there are plenty of those in this thread. So please, keep your bile here!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Credit to Wallace for tackling Matt Scott head on. **** that.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

I'm betting right now Wallace isn't in the 17 next week.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

There are enough threads already for Fourex and cohorts to wank about. Merged...

This relentless crap on a player that regardless of talent, has always left everything he has on the field for the Broncos jersey, seriously makes me wanna puke.
He may lack talent, he may not be what we need, and he will probably move on at the end of the season, but he certainly doesn't deserve this treatment!

Footy fans can be real pricks sometimes, and there are plenty of those in this thread. So please, keep your bile here!

Well said port, can't agree more

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Credit to Wallace for tackling Matt Scott head on. **** that.
You read my mind, I was just about to post that as I opened this thread and you had already done so.

Head on straight into a full speed Matt Scott, he's a tough cookie.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013

Prince has "tried" just as hard all year and copped nothing but shit for it......

Wallace can go and "try" to play rugby league somewhere else.

And I've been vocal in my thoughts that Wallace should have been dropped months ago for Hunt, as well. I agree, both our halves have tried their guts out. Neither are what we need. I agree, Wal can go somewhere else as long as we have a replacement.

Still doesn't mean I'm a bit sad about it. I'm a bit sad that Prince has only showed glimpses of what he is/was capable of, too. Neither have played to their potential this year IMO.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

A conversation on "The Moles" twitter feed:

@RLW_Mole Moley, is there any clubs interested in Wallace and Prince seeing as the Broncos want to let them go?

@ncrook93 Couple of Sydney clubs looking at Wallace... Princey not so much

Ooooh, this looks promising!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

A conversation on "The Moles" twitter feed:

@RLW_Mole Moley, is there any clubs interested in Wallace and Prince seeing as the Broncos want to let them go?

@ncrook93 Couple of Sydney clubs looking at Wallace... Princey not so much

Ooooh, this looks promising!

scheming.gif

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011

Wallace leaves Broncos, wins Dally M

Watch him go to Melbourne for less than he is on now and win a premiership before Brisbane do.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

Watch him go to Melbourne for less than he is on now and win a premiership before Brisbane do.

To be fair though, with the spine that Melbourne's got I'd probably go alright at 5/8. Don't forget that Wallace was a very good player when playing alongside Senor Lockyer.

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

Don't forget that Wallace was a very good player when playing alongside Senor Lockyer.
i wouldnt say that. he was much the same as he is now.

the difference is back then his attack stinking up the joint didnt matter because he had one of the best attacking players the games ever seen doing all the attacking.

not screwing up does not equal playing well.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • johnny plath
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • Lostboy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.