Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

BTW for all the Wallace haters, we may need him if we sign Sandow. At least we will know where the opposition attack is going

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

I'm going to go on record saying I think Sandow could be a good signing. Personally think he's more suited to five eight though.

L

LMFAO

Jun 23, 2013

I do think Sandow will go well at the Broncs. Lets see if this actually happens. If Sandow doesn't sign - who would you sign if anyone?

As for Benji and Soward at the Panthers, I personally think that signing Benji will be a major mistake for the Panthers. They have signed well for this year and 2014 but Benji will compromise all of that as he likes to take charge and do his own thing and show his flare...this will not fit in with Gus and Clearly's plan I wouldn't think...

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Just to clarify, no way is Sandow worth 550k. But if we could get him for about 300k with a 2 year deal with a further year in our favour then sign him up. He's a bit of a dumb **** at times but I think he has pretty good footy instincts, which is something out spine lacks.

You add discipline to Sandows mix of flair and skill an instinct and you have something pretty promising IMO.

Proceed to flame away!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Just to clarify, no way is Sandow worth 550k. But if we could get him for about 300k with a 2 year deal with a further year in our favour then sign him up. He's a bit of a dumb **** at times but I think he has pretty good footy instincts, which is something out spine lacks.

You add discipline to Sandows mix of flair and skill an instinct and you have something pretty promising IMO.

Proceed to flame away!

I couldn't agree with you more.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm already in the wouldn't mind signing Sandow camp so long as Parra pay about half his current contract and the deal is short term with an option to extend in our favor. He has attacking instinct which is something we lack.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I like Sandow - feisty, clever, quick, good goal kicking, good kicking game but, he needs to be at the centre of a solid structure which lets his attacking instincts create opportunities. I'd love to see him with Gillett and/or Glenn running edge plays, inside balls for Hannant and McGuire.

In other words, he is everything Wallace isn't, even though I don't dislike Wally as much as some on these threads. He can do some great things... now and then.

Sandow has ooomph, what we lack in the halves and what we desperately need, and I reckon with consistent support runners, and kick chasers, he looks like he really enjoys his footie something our halves errr, don't (Wallace always looks so serious ... or is it vacant....) , and something Sandow misses having at the Eels.

Having said all that, he will now never come to Brisbane :laugh:

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

images

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I wouldn't be keen on Sandow

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008

How many teams has Chris Sandow guided to the finals?

He has the talent of a Thurston but the temperament of a Trindall.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Chris Sandow is a completely overrated and overpaid player. Sure he plays a good game every now and then and pulls out some skill from time to time but he is terribly inconsistent with limited game reading ability and poor organisation and he has never taken a team to the finals where Wallace has done that 4 times.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

How many teams has Chris Sandow guided to the finals?

He has the talent of a Thurston but the temperament of a Trindall.

Poignant comment Pete. Sandow has talent in buckets, but has never reached his potential (and likely never will).

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Chris Sandow is a completely overrated and overpaid player. Sure he plays a good game every now and then and pulls out some skill from time to time but he is terribly inconsistent with limited game reading ability and poor organisation and he has never taken a team to the finals where Wallace has done that 4 times.

I'll argue once. The other 3 involved Lockyer....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Just to be clear my support of signing sandow is to play alongside Wallace, not in place of. I think they would compliment each other well. Currently we have two halfbacks trying to play 6 and 7

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Just to be clear my support of signing sandow is to play alongside Wallace, not in place of. I think they would compliment each other well. Currently we have two halfbacks trying to play 6 and 7

Fair point is your idea for Wallace to do the defence and Sandow to do the attack.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Sandow is on my 'never' list. Talent means bugger all if you're not willing to do the dirty work.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011

Sandow is on my 'never' list. Talent means bugger all if you're not willing to do the dirty work.

He is on mine as well, I would pay his manager to ensure that he never plays halfback here.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

He is on mine as well, I would pay his manager to ensure that he never plays halfback here.

Five eight it is then :p

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • Maddy
  • Redux
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Galco
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.