Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Official confirmation from Panthers:Peter Wallace to join the Panthers - Penrith Panthers

Good luck Pete, even if it often wasn't enough, you always gave everything for the Broncos jersey, and that is for me always the most important quality in a player. You put Corey Norman with all his talent to shame, but your tenure was... well, untenable as well. I genuinely hope you do well at Penrith!

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
He has been a good servant to the club and gave 100% in every game but it's obvious he isn't going to take us forward and needs to move on. Wonder what role he will play for Penrith? assuming he plays a starting role in the halves Penrith this would be their spine.

1: Lachlan Coote
6: Jamie Soward
7: Peter Wallace
9: Kevin Kingston

Not a bad spine by any means

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Now watch Wallace knock us out of the finals next year. :sad:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

To be honest I think the Panthers would have been better off keeping Walsh but shhhhh don't anyone tell them.

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of them.

lockyer

lockyer

BRL Player
Jul 31, 2013
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

Praise jesus

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

I hope this news is now the impetus for Wallace to drop off the bench. 2 games left, season over, there is no reason to keep on playing Wal. Granville needs to come into the side now if Hook is serious about coaching for the future.

Yes, Peter Wallace should be cut from the squad effective immediately. He's not part of any future plans and we should be using the last couple games trying to find the right player who will come off the bench and actually offer something to the team.

Peter who .....?

Yeah, that's right....Peter fucken who. A distant memory from a time that the Brisbane Broncos would rather forget.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wallace Granted Release

:laugh: ahh, was wondering why there wasn't a thread. Cheers whoever moved it.

The guy has been a good servant to our club and I for one am appreciative of his commitment.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
His best play to date is still the drop goal he kicked for the panthers. Best wishes petrov

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Looks like all our problems are solved now.
I know that's sarcasm, even if some people on this forum might believe that, but I reckon half of Pete's problems has been related to coaching...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think this is the right move from the club BUT I hope we have a signing coming to play in the halves. I am not the keen for Hunt and Prince to be our halves pairing next season. They've gone ok but we need better.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I think this is the right move from the club BUT I hope we have a signing coming to play in the halves. I am not the keen for Hunt and Prince to be our halves pairing next season. They've gone ok but we need better.

Agreed, but we may have to wait until 2015 or Milford 2014. I can't help but think that Brisbane didn't get rid of Wallace without having something up their sleeve. They've already told Prince he isn't wanted either.......

someone's coming.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Agreed, but we may have to wait until 2015 or Milford 2014. I can't help but think that Brisbane didn't get rid of Wallace without having something up their sleeve. They've already told Prince he isn't wanted either.......

someone's coming.

Even if we get Milford he is a way off being what we need. It could all depend on how Hunt develops with a full off season as a number 7.

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KickHaas
  • winslow_wong
  • kman
  • thenry
  • bazza
  • Scorchie
  • Robboi_321
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosMan
  • Big Del
  • broncotville
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.