Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

The late mail man on the game plan last night said Wallace will be at the Eels next year. Dunno how reliable he is

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008

is it even possible for parramatta to score less points next year than this year?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

is it even possible for parramatta to score less points next year than this year?

With their superstar signing sitting in the Queensland cup for next season and their other half no where to be seen, no chance.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008

Wal would be a good fit at the Eels. They need a senior player to organise them and get them going forward. Then they have Hayne to step up when inside 20. He would also bring a level of professionalism which seems to be missing at the Eels. It really isn't a horrible idea.

The problem they will have is the 14 weeks they don't have Hayne when he is injured.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009

I reckon Norman is shitting himself. Hayne has stepped up to the 5/8 role late in the season and looks pretty good there. He could likely find himself in the centres. If Hayne decides to stay at 5/8 his only chance of playing in the halves is if Wallace doesn't come to Parra and if Sandow is moved on.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013

I reckon Norman is shitting himself. Hayne has stepped up to the 5/8 role late in the season and looks pretty good there. He could likely find himself in the centres. If Hayne decides to stay at 5/8 his only chance of playing in the halves is if Wallace doesn't come to Parra and if Sandow is moved on.

According to Ricky it'll definitely be Norman lining up at 5/8 next year.

Stuart keeps faith in fallen Norman

He has no idea what he's in for.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I am not so sure that Norman is going to be a dud at the Eels. Hayne will be FB and thus an extra 5/8, and for all his ills at the Broncs, Norman still has a great passing game.

I also reckon Norman is, and will remain so pissed off by his demotion here that he will lift next year. Playing with a genuine champion like Hayne is also a positive

On the other hand, Sandow and Norman might well be a dynamic duo in QCup

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

and for all his ills at the Broncs, Norman still has a great passing game.

Maybe at fullback, he was a serial overlap murderer at 5/8 and wouldn't pass to anyone when he made a break.

Also his bombs landing 20m out from the tryline... I couldn't figure out if that was coached or him just being shit.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I think Norman played the way he wanted to. That's why I kept calling him ego driven. I actually think he has a lot of talent. His debut showed me that. But he's just too self-indulgent and was allowed to get away with it.

Having at last been Hooked, I think he'll cop a lot of stick at the Eels if he tries that on.

QCup isn't a nice place if you think you're the next Lockyer. Pity it didn't happen earlier. Same with Wallace but for different reasons.

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013

Apparently penrith back in running for Wallace according to the late mail man on The Game Plan

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

However, after a series of meetings this week, Wallace's homecoming has taken on even greater significance, with the rugged No 7 poised to finalise his departure from Brisbane early next week.The Australian understands a disappointed Wallace has reluctantly accepted a severance deal from Brisbane which will ensure his contracted salary for 2014 is protected.
As well as ensuring Wallace and his young family are not short-changed on the money his deal with Brisbane promised, the agreement makes signing the versatile veteran so late in the season a far more enticing and viable option for rival NRL clubs.
While he had already received offers from two Sydney-based club, both had hinged on the Broncos accepting responsibility for some Wallace's salary in 2014.
With that now seemingly in place, Wallace has some major decisions to make and very little time to do so.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't paying Wallace for 2014 reduce our buying power?

not by a lot you wouldn't think. with the cap raising to 6.3 million next season and having not really signed anyone since it started raising, we should have a lot of cap space to spend. besides Wallace is rumoured to be on 350k and we won't be picking up his wjole tab. at most we would be paying 50% for next year and that shouldn't affect us too much

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

not by a lot you wouldn't think. with the cap raising to 6.3 million next season and having not really signed anyone since it started raising, we should have a lot of cap space to spend. besides Wallace is rumoured to be on 350k and we won't be picking up his wjole tab. at most we would be paying 50% for next year and that shouldn't affect us too much

Thanks for that.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

If Hayne stays fit (big if) and the Eels find a decent hooker (another big if) then I think Norman+Wallaces+Hayne can form a pretty good combination.

Wallace = decent organiser, not a playmaker
Norman = reasonable playmaker with good running game but drifts in and out of games
Hayne = excellent player with room to move

Remember last year the Broncos had no problem creating space for 2nd man plays, the problem was Hoffman simply can't execute them. Hayne won't have the same weakness.

I don't think it's going to make them premiership or top 4 threats, but they should be able to claw their way off the bottom if that combination works out.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

If Hayne stays fit (big if) and the Eels find a decent hooker (another big if) then I think Norman+Wallaces+Hayne can form a pretty good combination.

Wallace = decent organiser, not a playmaker
Norman = reasonable playmaker with good running game but drifts in and out of games
Hayne = excellent player with room to move

Remember last year the Broncos had no problem creating space for 2nd man plays, the problem was Hoffman simply can't execute them. Hayne won't have the same weakness.

I don't think it's going to make them premiership or top 4 threats, but they should be able to claw their way off the bottom if that combination works out.

Didn't they sign Peats? Not sure how well he'd go without 500kg of Burgess brothers leading the way, but not a bad player.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Hayne, Norman, Wallace, Peats would be the worst spine in the NRL (Actually ours will be worse if we don't manage to get Barba and Milford)

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • phoenix
  • bazza
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • kman
  • Galah
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.