Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

I'm still on the fence, and before people start calling me a Wallace lover, understand that I am very aware of his shortcomings!

If we do get Barba and Milford, we'll have to hope that Macca and Hunt can ramp up their organisation skills for the team as a whole to be effective, because we'll go from a team lacking X-factor to a team with "too much" of it, and not enough control/organisation/level head in the spine.

On the other hand, if we only land one of the above or even none, we'll still need a guy capable of partnering Hunt (assuming he does turn into what we all hope), and I really would prefer Wallace filled that role instead of Prince, at least until on of the U20's is ready to take the step-up to the FG squad...

Prince has more to offer a young kid in the 20's in his big toe than Peter Wallace does in his entire body. All Wallace could pass onto a young player is how to tackle and we have better, more qualified ex-players who can do that.

as for Wallace's current dilemma.....pfft :001_rolleyes:

I for one think the club should pay him whatever it takes for him to **** right off. I don't even want him hanging around in the QCup. He has held back and damaged enough young QLD halfbacks as it is.

Enough is enough !!

getout.jpg

Last edited:
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

I can understand what Porthoz is saying and whilst in theory I agree, I think in reality perhaps it's not the best situation. How many people here have said that Hunt was a lesser performer when Wallace joined him on the field? It's fun to say it's because Pete sucks, but in seasons past I thought the best Corey Norman has looked at five eight was when Hunt was his partner. I think the seniority of players like Wallace and Prince might in some ways be inhibiting the younger halves who are maybe deferring to them too much. It might be ugly at the start but I think the best long term plan is to stick two young guys you believe in together and basically tell them it's their team now and to buck up. It's pretty much what Manly did with DCE and Foran -- They didn't keep an Orford or whoever around to guide one, they let them both play and develop together. IMO that's the best way too, be it with Milford or Taylor.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

All I'm saying is that if it comes down to having Prince or Wallace partnering Hunt, Wallace has much more upside, starting with plugging the gaping hole that Prince is in defence.

I do get what you're saying Ari, and for it to work, Hunt would have to be confident enough to play his game regardless of who is next to him, and Wallace would have to accept playing second fiddle to Hunt in the same way he did quite successfully to Lockyer.

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012

I just don't see how Wallace is a good organizer. He can organize a few pet plays such as that redundant inside ball and the bombs to jack reed and not much more... Lockyer used to do most of the organizing when he played and apart from a few good games since then Wallace hasn't done much IMO. We need a fresh start.

"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

All I'm saying is that if it comes down to having Prince or Wallace partnering Hunt, Wallace has much more upside, starting with plugging the gaping hole that Prince is in defence.

I do get what you're saying Ari, and for it to work, Hunt would have to be confident enough to play his game regardless of who is next to him, and Wallace would have to accept playing second fiddle to Hunt in the same way he did quite successfully to Lockyer.

Interestingly enough Prince & Wallace have an identical missed tackle average for the season........so clearly Wallace's one and only attribute shouldn't be used to favour one or the other.

Prince on the other hand has far more to offer in attack and in composure, which along with assisting Ben Hunt...also greatly assists the side.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013

There are some not so nice comments on the last few pages.

Pretty poor IMO.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

Interestingly enough Prince & Wallace have an identical missed tackle average for the season........so clearly Wallace's one and only attribute shouldn't be used to favour one or the other.

Prince on the other hand has far more to offer in attack and in composure, which along with assisting Ben Hunt...also greatly assists the side.
Sorry mate, I normally don't take anything you say seriously when the topic is Wallace, and this just proves I'm right about it.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Sorry mate, I normally don't take anything you say seriously when the topic is Wallace,

:loool: .......you take plenty what I say about him seriously.

Donald

Donald

QCup Player
Mar 25, 2013

Wallace threw a nice hospital pass to hunt today and he got smashed. Maybe he thinks if he throws some more Hunt will get injured and he can play 7 again...

animal eater

animal eater

QCup Player
Jul 27, 2013

Wallace threw a nice hospital pass to hunt today and he got smashed. Maybe he thinks if he throws some more Hunt will get injured and he can play 7 again...

Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.:biggrin:

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Make that three of us .....:thumbup1:

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008

Film Actors Guild members.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008

Wallace to Parra with Norman gaining momentum apparently.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Wallace to Parra with Norman gaining momentum apparently.

Let him go. If Parra think he and Norman are going to get them off the bottom of the table, then they really haven't changed. They're better off sticking with Sandow.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I reckon Coote - Bulldogs Wallace - Panthers will happen

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

It's in the best interest of both parties if Wallace leaves, he's served us well, but we can't use him anymore. If all goes to plan we'll have Milford, Hunt, McCullough starting with Prince, Strasser, Taylor, Cullen, Granville, Baptiste all as back-ups / developing in the lower grades

BroncsNBundy

BroncsNBundy

NYC Player
Contributor
Jul 29, 2013

The late mail man on the game plan last night said Wallace will be at the Eels next yea

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • kiwi2
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Brotherdu
  • Evander
  • mieko
  • Johnny92
  • ostin86
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.