Peter Wallace officially released to join Panthers

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Re: Peter Wallace and Kurt Baptiste to Panthers?

You know this article is from May right dude?

Whoops, I should check much more closely. I did a "last 24 hours" search on Google and this came up. There isn't a "Delete thread" button right?

:blushing:

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010

Got my hopes up thinking they offered him another deal :glare:

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

You know this article is from May right dude?

Rofl, was reading it and I'm thinking....**** this sounds familiar.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace on the outer

Wallace's manager wants the Broncos to pay part of Wallace's wage next year so he can find a new club for him.

this article also states that the Broncos didn't actually refuse to release Wallace when the Panthers offer surfaced. but actually asked him if he wanted a release and Wallace declined.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

I wonder whom is telling the truth then... I bet the Broncos are. :laugh:

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

Hang on, get on this quote at the bottom of the article:

"What upset Pete was that he was told to his face by Anthony Griffin, 'If you stay here, you will only be playing Queensland Cup'," Gainey says.

"No-one deserves that sort of treatment ... surely you can handle men better than that."

Oh, boohoo, my heart bleeds. FFS munnnnn. Hook told him TO HIS FACE, and this manager guy has a dig about how he handles people? Last time I checked, telling something to one's face that they probably don't want to hear is an honourable and respectable thing to do. Would Pete prefer to be left completely in the dark, and have Hook shy away from answering any questions about his future?

Go have a cry, Gainey. Deadset.

Last edited:
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

I'm sure the club would be open to carrying some of his wage for the year remaining on his contract if it meant he could find another home in the nrl, but they can't do much until gainey comes to them with an offer, it's not the broncos job to find him another club, wal should be grateful he's been given the rest of the season in the nrl to prove his worth to other clubs. Hook is a straight shooter, It was never going to be a comfortable conversation but its better than hearing the news from other clubs after the coach has been shopping you around.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Its pretty poor all round. Hook wanted Wallace back then. Why did he suddenly realise wallace isn't up to it.
Wallace was pretty naive and full of himself to think he'd be the man to revive the broncos. Should have signed with penrith when he had the chance.

Poor management, poor coaching, poor Peter wallace

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

This is pretty much a concession by Wallace manager that nobody wants him now. The only way Wallace will find another club is if he's discounted like Prince was when we picked him up. I don't think he will find a club, so he'll see out his contract in Queensland Cup then disappear over to SL.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

Nah, theres always some unexpected options in the off season. Wal will be right, especially if we are paying a share of his income. Parra might sign him because I highly doubt Chrissy will get another first grade game there. I could also seehim getting a gig at the Cowboys or the Tigers.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

^its much better than paying him 300k to play Qcup

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008

I kinda feel sorry for Pete the person as having just had a kid I can understand he'd be annoyed.

However, the truth is Pete isn't getting paid to be a good chap, but a good halfback, and he's failed woefully and has quite rightfully been told he's not wanted. Perhaps he can join the Knights so AP can lay claim to them having another rep player.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010

I'm still on the fence, and before people start calling me a Wallace lover, understand that I am very aware of his shortcomings!

If we do get Barba and Milford, we'll have to hope that Macca and Hunt can ramp up their organisation skills for the team as a whole to be effective, because we'll go from a team lacking X-factor to a team with "too much" of it, and not enough control/organisation/level head in the spine.

On the other hand, if we only land one of the above or even none, we'll still need a guy capable of partnering Hunt (assuming he does turn into what we all hope), and I really would prefer Wallace filled that role instead of Prince, at least until on of the U20's is ready to take the step-up to the FG squad...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Wallace can **** right off. I'll take some compo for having to watch him stink it up in the 7 for the Broncos for the last few years.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008

Maybe the Storm could punt Finch for Wallace

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013

I'm still on the fence, and before people start calling me a Wallace lover, understand that I am very aware of his shortcomings!

If we do get Barba and Milford, we'll have to hope that Macca and Hunt can ramp up their organisation skills for the team as a whole to be effective, because we'll go from a team lacking X-factor to a team with "too much" of it, and not enough control/organisation/level head in the spine.

On the other hand, if we only land one of the above or even none, we'll still need a guy capable of partnering Hunt (assuming he does turn into what we all hope), and I really would prefer Wallace filled that role instead of Prince, at least until on of the U20's is ready to take the step-up to the FG squad...

This is spot on IMO. I'm just worried that a lot of people on here are pinning their hopes on a 19 yr old to steer a team around the park and come up with the big plays when it is needed. I'm still not convinced that Hunt can play this role so Milford will have a lot of responsibility on him if he comes next year and plays in the halves. That's why I find it very strange that Griffin has basically put the red marker through Wallace's name for next year already. For me, I think Wallace can still play a part next year in some capacity. Even if it is only as a tackling bag at training.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Well Benji is leaving, lets give him to the Tigers.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • leon.bott
  • kiwi2
  • Lostboy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.