OFFICIAL Piakura signs for three more years

Brendan Piakura has snubbed the Titans and Bulldogs and signed a 3 year $1.2 million extension to his existing contract.

Corey Parker has worked with him in junior teams:

“I’ve watched Brendan for some time and he is outstanding. In my mind Piakura is physically ready for the NRL now and he would be the perfect replacement for Alex Glenn in the back row next season. I can see why the Bulldogs were going hard for him ... there’s no doubt for me that he is NRL quality. Brendan has all the skills. Piakura is a different style of back-rower to David Fifita .. he is a damaging ball-runner but I also like the fact he has mongrel in defence. He is a quietly-spoken sort of kid but he has a great attitude, it’s no surprise clubs were lining up to sign him.”

McHunt

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
You’d be dumb give a coach full control of a roster because very rarely does a coach stick around long term, and there’s an incentive to make rash decisions in the hope of saving their jobs. You need a team with long term plans. Your also be dumb to give that job to Locky and Nolan.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You are gonna start another fight. We’ve all had this argument before, nobody ever wins.
You’d be dumb give a coach full control of a roster because very rarely does a coach stick around long term, and there’s an incentive to make rash decisions in the hope of saving their jobs. You need a team with long term plans. Your also be dumb to give that job to Locky and Nolan.
Watch out here comes @Foordy

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Nolan, Lockyer.. whoever it is, they should be fired

Lockyer one of the all time great players but doesn't mean he can get away with the shit recruitment we've had to deal with in the past few seasons
I read something today on Fox sports; Thaiday and Lockyer stating that Branden Smith would be a ideal singing....for the Titans!

FFS, Darren do us a favour and go work for them.

This media job is causing a bias which contradicts your role on the Broncos board.

Stop talking about other clubs while you are employed by ours mate, choose one OR the other....

This is embarrisng to hear and is causing the club damage it can ill afford right now...

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Walters said they're concentrating on retention first, not that they've shut the door to Capewell. As far as I can tell from the press he's very much still in the conversation. Sounds like Staggs is breaking their balls.
well, the best teams right now have at least 1 strike centre. Seems a very important position given the amount of damage you can create on the edges in this 6 again game...

So we may not like this, but argubly Staggs could very well prove worth it in the end...

B

broncoscope

NYC Player
Feb 14, 2014
I really liked Flegler when he first came on the scene but after having a much longer look at him, i think it's time the Broncos told him he's free to explore options elsewhere. Especially if it's true about the ridiculous money he's on.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I read something today on Fox sports; Thaiday and Lockyer stating that Branden Smith would be a ideal singing....for the Titans!

FFS, Darren do us a favour and go work for them.

This media job is causing a bias which contradicts your role on the Broncos board.

Stop talking about other clubs while you are employed by ours mate, choose one OR the other....

This is embarrisng to hear and is causing the club damage it can ill afford right now...

I think Locky and Thaiday are doing us a favour telling Brandon to go to the Titans. he isn't the hooker we need (at least, not unless he lowers his price tag a fair bit)

Brandon Smith isn't a 650k+ hooker

Q

QLD JANE

NYC Player
Jun 1, 2017
I think Locky and Thaiday are doing us a favour telling Brandon to go to the Titans. he isn't the hooker we need (at least, not unless he lowers his price tag a fair bit)

Brandon Smith isn't a 650k+ hooker

Thoughts on the 750k we looking to pay Staggs to play 5/8th then?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Thoughts on the 750k we looking to pay him to play Staggs at 5/8th then?

even Badel hasn't come up with a 750k figure for Staggs yet ... although he'll probably read your post and we'll see that figure in the CM shortly. The figures mentioned in the media seem to be either $2.4 million for 4 years (600k a season) or $2.8 million for 4 years (700k a season).

either way as i have mentioned several times on here, i haven't seen much from Staggs to suggest a move to 5/8 is a good idea. I'd keep him as a strike center. although giving him a shot at fullback wouldn't be the worst idea, the extra room could make him extremely dangerous at the back,

Q

QLD JANE

NYC Player
Jun 1, 2017
No one really know for sure what Staggs will be getting but it’s going to be north of $700k that’s for sure.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No one really know for sure what Staggs will be getting but it’s going to be north of $700k that’s for sure.

since the media have 700k as the high water mark, it is likely to be less than that.

Unread

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Behold
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.