Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Gamble had a run at centre today - scored a try in that position too.

Could he possibly nab a bench utility/back spot...
I would like tyson to get a spot somewhere if he doesn't get the 6 and lands that 14 that would take a second 9 (paix) out of the equation as you couldn't carry both.
Tyson at 14 - cover for halves, limited backline positions and 2nd row or bring him on at lock and let him roam the field playing as a second fullback/five-eighth, Turpin plays 80 or close too with Hetherington filling that 9 if needed. Turpin won't need to ask too many questions as Tyson adds another ball player out on the field when he comes on and the need for a ball playing 1 isn't needed as much.
Paix at 9 - gives you a attacking option out of hooker on the bench, can cover halves if needed.
I think Paix would be best perfecting his craft at 9 in Qcup getting good minutes than sitting on the bench most the game in top grade.

Apparently my reporting of what's been seen at training today amuses @theshed

Gamble had a run at centre today - scored a try in that position too.

Could he possibly nab a bench utility/back spot...
You’d have to think if he is spreading around positions to play utility otherwise he would be sticking to 6. I think his best value would be training 9 and 13 for utility though but of course he will need to play centre but I think that would probably come a bit more naturally. But at the same time I think Gamble should be playing 6 and Paix 14.

I would like tyson to get a spot somewhere if he doesn't get the 6 and lands that 14 that would take a second 9 (paix) out of the equation as you couldn't carry both.
Tyson at 14 - cover for halves, limited backline positions and 2nd row or bring him on at lock and let him roam the field playing as a second fullback/five-eighth, Turpin plays 80 or close too with Hetherington filling that 9 if needed. Turpin won't need to ask too many questions as Tyson adds another ball player out on the field when he comes on and the need for a ball playing 1 isn't needed as much.
Paix at 9 - gives you a attacking option out of hooker on the bench, can cover halves if needed.
I think Paix would be best perfecting his craft at 9 in Qcup getting good minutes than sitting on the bench most the game in top grade.
Does Turpin playing 80 lose any chance of him playing a greater dimensional game. I feel like a back up hooker (I would rather paix than Hetho) is a must and well at the same I feel Gamble should be playing 6.

I’d be going:
6. Gamble
9. Turpin
13. Hetho
14. Paix

It seems that they are going in the opposite direction for all except Turpin. What I have understood from what people have said about the podcast (Ben Ikin) and in the last week or so it will likely be:

6. Walters
9. Turpin
13. Carrigan
14. Gamble
15. Hetherington

Paix playing for Souths in Q-cup. I like Carrigan but he is a front rower not a Lock anymore if he ever really was suited in the first place. Hetho has good defence, ball playing ability and had the ability to find the line.

Does Turpin playing 80 lose any chance of him playing a greater dimensional game. I feel like a back up hooker (I would rather paix than Hetho) is a must and well at the same I feel Gamble should be playing 6.

I’d be going:
6. Gamble
9. Turpin
13. Hetho
14. Paix

It seems that they are going in the opposite direction for all except Turpin. What I have understood from what people have said about the podcast (Ben Ikin) and in the last week or so it will likely be:

6. Walters
9. Turpin
13. Carrigan
14. Gamble
15. Hetherington

Paix playing for Souths in Q-cup. I like Carrigan but he is a front rower not a Lock anymore if he ever really was suited in the first place. Hetho has good defence, ball playing ability and had the ability to find the line.
Your first line up is what I would like to see, I think Gamble played the best out of the options last season but the big question is if he's the best to partner Reynolds? I'd say Adam is going to have a big say on who wears the 6.
If Gamble is picked at 6 I think Paix or Walters will wear the 14.
If someone else gets the 6 I find it hard leaving Tyson out of the team all together.

I wonder if Cobbo will play a role in the centres when attacking the line, for me he's the kind of bloke you get it to nice and early and see what he can come up with.

Maybe they're just wanting to get him in the NRL consistently first because they ask him to be that guy.

I think Paix or Gamble need to be in the 17. Gamble has a bit of size to him, I feel could rotate with Hethero. But Hethero would have to be lock then. Paix with Turpin, as Turpin is a tacklebot by the 80thmin.

Gamble allows us cover all over, Cobbo can go to flb, Walters to 9, Gamble could cover 6/13/edge, Capwell centre etc

I feel Haas/Fleg/Carrigan need to be 3 forwards, who can all play decent min. That leaves one spot on the bench for another between james/TC/Palasia/Kennedy/Jensen to fight it out each week and keep Fleg on his toes.

I wonder if Cobbo will play a role in the centres when attacking the line, for me he's the kind of bloke you get it to nice and early and see what he can come up with.

Maybe they're just wanting to get him in the NRL consistently first because they ask him to be that guy.
I think naturally he is probably a better centre than winger even though he is built like a winger. It was early on but he didn’t do much except make errors on the wing for me. At the same time wing will help more for transitioning to fullback especially after we saw how destructive he was under and post the high ball in q-cup. He will 100% be outside Reynolds and Staggs on that wing and it could give him a real dose of confidence and allow him to be a bit more destructive. If we were without Kotoni for some reason though my position would instantly change on the matter and I think you’d be chucking him at centre and trying to get any destructiveness we can out of that edge. But at the moment Staggs is fit and raring to go so wing it is I reckon. Also with that whilst I would be prioritising where we want Selwyn to play I would have Herbie in the centres as I think realistically that’s his best position and Selwyn still gains key development from the wing.

You’d have to think if he is spreading around positions to play utility otherwise he would be sticking to 6. I think his best value would be training 9 and 13 for utility though but of course he will need to play centre but I think that would probably come a bit more naturally. But at the same time I think Gamble should be playing 6 and Paix 14.
Kevvie was commentating the drills today, and he yelled out at one point "and here comes broncos 13 Tyson Gamble winding up to take it into the boys" and gamble ran full pelt into the big front rowers and full speed. All the boys reacted thinking he wasn't going to do it 😅

I'd say he's definitely a utility at this moment

Kevvie was commentating the drills today, and he yelled out at one point "and here comes broncos 13 Tyson Gamble winding up to take it into the boys" and gamble ran full pelt into the big front rowers and full speed. All the boys reacted thinking he wasn't going to do it 😅

I'd say he's definitely a utility at this moment
**** well it seems he is keen. Very keen and really that’s all we ask from him and really let’s hope more players follow suit. In the tight games a stint from him could be what gets the boys moving. Just imagine it’s a grand final (a bit premature but whatever) and the game is tight and someone like Gamble goes out and runs flat out straight at the biggest player on the opposing team. Fucken hell you’d want to follow. Only issue I still have is a back up for 9 but I guess Gamble will be serviceable and development is probably better for Paix in cup.

**** well it seems he is keen. Very keen and really that’s all we ask from him and really let’s hope more players follow suit. In the tight games a stint from him could be what gets the boys moving. Just imagine it’s a grand final (a bit premature but whatever) and the game is tight and someone like Gamble goes out and runs flat out straight at the biggest player on the opposing team. Fucken hell you’d want to follow. Only issue I still have is a back up for 9 but I guess Gamble will be serviceable and development is probably better for Paix in cup.
If Walters gets the 6 and Turpin cops a injury I'd be throwing him in there.
If its just for a breather Hetherington or even Gamble can do a job there.
Gamble coming off the bench throws so many questions to the opposing team when we've got the ball, you can basically have one ball player working the blind and 2 on the open running a play.

I really like the idea of gamble at 14. He can cover 6 if need be (Billy going to 9). He can cover edge, Capwell pushing to centre, He can cover lock and ball play, yes more defensive load but smaller game time, maybe even some centre at a pinch.

I think if turpin went down for a period of games, I would be happy to have paix come in. BUt I feel Billy 6 Gamble 14 (With energy and intensity off bench).

Carrigan needs to move to prop and just go hard, tackle defend thats simple.

Haas and fleg can do the offloading!

Very interesting style of play they're going for. I like it! They just have to be able to sustain pressure. Get that right, this team can learn to score points with a bit of experience together

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.