Pick Kevvie's round one team with odds

Apparently, NRL games only. So, round four. Hope he can keep his nose clean for a few games and stay on the park (or bench as it were...) once he gets back against the Warriors.

Is Flegler not suspended for R1. Coates didn't seal his fate with Kevin when he signed with Melbourne but yes I rate Cobbo being a better option and will more than likely get the nod.
Isaako isn’t Coates and isn’t playing origin. Whilst Coates selection was really relatively un-challenged and not really deserved he still by title is and was a current origin forward who was left out to dry. Do I think he should have even been playing in the broncos 17. With his inconsistency and lack of defensive and basic capabilities **** no. But the real question was could kevvie afford those headlines and the extreme increased pressure and scrutiny on his role at the time. Probably not. Isaako is not in that boat and really unless he provides huge upside which is very unlikely I don’t want to even give him the chance to improve for us unless we are desperate.

Isaako isn’t Coates and isn’t playing origin. Whilst Coates selection was really relatively un-challenged and not really deserved he still by title is and was a current origin forward who was left out to dry. Do I think he should have even been playing in the broncos 17. With his inconsistency and lack of defensive and basic capabilities **** no. But the real question was could kevvie afford those headlines and the extreme increased pressure and scrutiny on his role at the time. Probably not. Isaako is not in that boat and really unless he provides huge upside which is very unlikely I don’t want to even give him the chance to improve for us unless we are desperate.
That's a strong tick for Kevvie, if what you've said is true. If Kevvie said "**** what the media says, I'm picking my best 17" that's a great showing of strength. Unfortunately, I don't think that's what occurred in Kevvies mind.

Kevin was clearly picking his best available side as he should be. I am tipping nothing will change this year.

Any guesses on what the squad (say 21 man) for our first trial might look like?

Surely kev has a draft team list floating around for it given its under 2 weeks away.

Surely kev has a draft team list floating around for it given its under 2 weeks away.
Be interesting a few unheard of names might pop up..

Reckon Reynolds and Capewell will play trials?

first trial is usually your fringe members and train/trial guys

Be interesting a few unheard of names might pop up..

Reckon Reynolds and Capewell will play trials?
They will play the last trial at least for the first half unless there are lingering injuries then they wont be risk. He wants them there for the 1st game

i'd go with

1 Cobbo
2 Hoeter
3 Farnworth
4 Staggs
5 Oates
6 Kelly
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 James
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Paix/Willison
15 Carrigan
16 Jensen
17 Robati

Dont think after a long lay off Carrigan needs to start, ease him back in. The other question mark for me is Turpin playing 80 mins so i cant decide between Paix or another forward.

i'd go with

1 Cobbo
2 Hoeter
3 Farnworth
4 Staggs
5 Oates
6 Kelly
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 James
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Paix/Willison
15 Carrigan
16 Jensen
17 Robati

Dont think after a long lay off Carrigan needs to start, ease him back in. The other question mark for me is Turpin playing 80 mins so i cant decide between Paix or another forward.
Isn’t Willison a fair while off?

He sure did. I might be stupid here but there were some similarities to Thorn in my eyes.
I’m not comparing the two but purely from effort and willingness to rip in, his short stints reminded me of Haas’s debut. 3 tackles in every defensive set while he was on. Wanted to be in everything.

i'd go with

1 Cobbo
2 Hoeter
3 Farnworth
4 Staggs
5 Oates
6 Kelly
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 James
11 Capewell
12 Riki
13 Hetherington

14 Paix/Willison
15 Carrigan
16 Jensen
17 Robati

This is for round 1? I like it, good mix of youth, experience, x factor and essential squad players. It won't happen but I like it.

This is for round 1? I like it, good mix of youth, experience, x factor and essential squad players. It won't happen but I like it.

Yep, i think first 4 or 5 games. Drop Flegler back in for Willison or Robati possibly. I'm kind of leaning with @1910 and having a 4 forward bench but i'm still not convinced Turpin can consistently handle 80 mins.

Yep, i think first 4 or 5 games. Drop Flegler back in for Willison or Robati possibly. I'm kind of leaning with @1910 and having a 4 forward bench but i'm still not convinced Turpin can consistently handle 80 mins.
Willison isn’t available but also, is Hoeter good on a wing? I’ve only seen him play centre

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Midean
  • Brocko
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Shane Tronc
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • tajhay
  • Big Del
  • Santa
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.