NEWS Pies: SOS Cameron

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Anthony Seibold has confirmed the Broncos would consider making off-contract Cameron Smith an offer to finish his career at the Broncos in the wake of losing David Fifita to the Titans.

Fifita’s exit will free up around $2.5 million that had been put aside for him over the next three years but Seibold said that did not mean the club had a "bucket load of money" at its disposal.

Smith wanted to be a Bronco as a youth and with Wests Tigers rake Harry Grant set to return to the Storm next year the Brisbane coach is keeping all options open as the club looks to the future in the midst of what has been a dire season.

Seibold, who worked with Smith as an assistant coach at the Storm and with the Maroons, made a poignant response when asked whether the Broncos would consider a one year-offer for the 37-year-old Storm maestro.

"Of course, it is something we would consider but it is a really long bow. Would he add something to us? Could he add something to us? Of course he could," Seibold said.

The actual plausibility of the move aside, this dickhead is literally taking recruitment ideas straight from the media. THIS is the person who the board gave 5 years to??

The actual plausibility of the move aside, this dickhead is literally taking recruitment ideas straight from the media. THIS is the person who the board gave 5 years to??

my guess is you read the headline and nothing more

this is an article based off a response that every single coach in the rugby league world would give, regardless of whether they are coming off a wooden spoon season or back-to-back premierships.

the question would have been something along the lines of: "would you be interested in signing Cameron Smith (who is off contract) for next season?"

it is nothing more than click bait ... but it looks like they got you

We've been linked to Smith every time he was off contract since like 2011.

He has no reason to come here. You saw him bail from the QLD team when the writing was on the wall. Why would he ever want to come here? There isn't enough money in the world to make him play here for his last season.
What if THIS is his last season?

Just throwing this out there, is there any chance at all that we let Fifita go intentionally because we already have Smith at the table?

At first I was stoked to see this because it will drive the price up for Melbourne to re-sign him.

Then I remembered that they have a second set of books to **** with anyway.

Why would Melbourne want to re-sign Smith at 38 years of age on big money when they have Harry Grant

Very unlikely... but don't underestimate greed.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • jd87
  • Gaz
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.