Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5959676637

THE Broncos are willing to consider a fairytale return for stalwart Dane Carlaw to reach his coveted 200-match and life memberships marks in 2011.

But a wary Brisbane will only enter negotiations for the 30-year-old backrower, who played 183 first grade games for the Broncos from 1999-2007, if and when the club sights official release documents from Catalans Dragons.

Ugh. Should be wary of signing a 30 year old marshmallow...not whether he'll be released or not.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I read somewhere that Walters named and played Carlaw on the wing at some point during the season :O No wonder we don't have him coaching at the broncos....

Please can we give Carlaw to the Cowboys. He would be more helpful to them than to us.

DFC005

DFC005

Nov 16, 2010
Carlaw played most of last season in the centres at Catalans.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/wary-broncos-will-wait-to-see-dane-carlaws-release-from-french-club-before-considering-signing-him/story-e6frep5x-1225959676637

THE Broncos are willing to consider a fairytale return for stalwart Dane Carlaw to reach his coveted 200-match and life memberships marks in 2011.

But a wary Brisbane will only enter negotiations for the 30-year-old backrower, who played 183 first grade games for the Broncos from 1999-2007, if and when the club sights official release documents from Catalans Dragons.

Ugh. Should be wary of signing a 30 year old marshmallow...not whether he'll be released or not.

All that they are saying there is that the won't even consider it until they see official release papers. They are not saying they actually want to sign him. we all know how the media can spin things

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
THE Broncos are willing to consider a fairytale return

The fact they are WILLING TO CONSIDER it at all is a joke. He's a has been (some would argue a never was, but I'm not that harsh).

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
Yeah I wouldn't say a never was - he did show plenty of glimpses in the early stages of his career. But I'm hardly doing cartwheels at the prospect of seeing him run out again.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
Yeah I wouldn't say a never was - he did show plenty of glimpses in the early stages of his career. But I'm hardly doing cartwheels at the prospect of seeing him run out again.

Exactly. He was genuinely a top quality running back rower from 2000-2002. Went down hill after that and basically looked disinterested most of the time until he left at end of 2007.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Foordy said:
Coxy said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/wary-broncos-will-wait-to-see-dane-carlaws-release-from-french-club-before-considering-signing-him/story-e6frep5x-1225959676637

All that they are saying there is that the won't even consider it until they see official release papers. They are not saying they actually want to sign him. we all know how the media can spin things

Given this exact story also appears on the offical Broncos website, I'd say it's not so much a media spin and "willing to consider" pretty much means the deal is done pending the release. This is bad news IMO - do not want Carlaw back.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Meat77 said:
I would hope not, you'd probably break something!

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Flutterby said:
Given this exact story also appears on the offical Broncos website, I'd say it's not so much a media spin and "willing to consider" pretty much means the deal is done pending the release. This is bad news IMO - do not want Carlaw back.

It's odd though, the official site has started posting up a fair few articles from the CM, in regards to the signing of players.

I remember reading something about Greg Inglis on the official site, which they sourced from the CM, and thinking to myself that it was a bit weird they've put that up.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Flutterby said:

It's odd though, the official site has started posting up a fair few articles from the CM, in regards to the signing of players.

I remember reading something about Greg Inglis on the official site, which they sourced from the CM, and thinking to myself that it was a bit weird they've put that up.

My guess is Trad, the media manager, is on leave at the moment so they're sourcing articles from the CM rather than writing their own.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:
Flutterby said:

My guess is Trad, the media manager, is on leave at the moment so they're sourcing articles from the CM rather than writing their own.

Lazy buggers. :P

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Plus the CM is a sponsor of the Broncos, so why not utilise them?

But my point was more that if the story had nothing to it, they wouldn't be putting it on their official website regardless of who wrote it. I mean the CM makes up a lot of crap stories too - and they don't appear on the club website.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Flutterby said:
Plus the CM is a sponsor of the Broncos, so why not utilise them?

But my point was more that if the story had nothing to it, they wouldn't be putting it on their official website regardless of who wrote it. I mean the CM makes up a lot of crap stories too - and they don't appear on the club website.

i'm sure they're willing to consider him but you would think that it would be a reasonably small contract given that he is unlikely to play to much NRL footy next year (at least, i don't see him even making the bench next year)

K

kluppy

QCup Player
Feb 2, 2010
has anyone actually seen him play since he left australia? and as far as him not even making the bench, are you saying that he couldn't do any better than kenny, dodds or maguire?? those guys really tore it up this year didn't they.....

i'm not saying the broncs should buy him, not at all, but i just hope all this talk of him being useless is backed up buy some actual knowledge and not just distant memories.....

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Last time I saw Carlaw at the Broncos he was playing in the front row wasn't he???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.