Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper's name is too modern for the Broncos - none of the fancy name types hang around - Karmichael, Israel, Ashton etc.
He would never last if he signed.

We need to seek out the Gordons, Waynes, Kevins, Allans etc.

If I was him, I would change my name to Cooper Quade and approach the Roosters.

Flutterby said:
Big Pete said:
They're obviously changing back by focussing on their own youth instead of fighting tooth and nail for new players.

What?? How does signing Carlaw fit into this? [icon_shru

IMO the Carlaw contract is motivated by sentiment - I think he has the chance to play his 200th game here (or some milestone like that). But I agree with Rocky, Coxy and Jeb - bad signing decision and the money would have been better off in the bank. Just cause you have the money doesn't mean you have to spend it.
I think he was being sarcastic!

Actually no I wasn't being sarcastic.

By signing Carlaw they're just signing one of their own, a guy who's familiar with the Broncos culture and gets on well with everyone. Carlaw is on like Shane Tronc's 2010 salary...

No thanks. Plus his problem seems to be that he misses his family who are based in Newcastle.

He's go problems that are stopping him from committing to his team. Don't want him here.

andrewhaigh said:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/knights-a-no-no-as-timana-tahu-leaves-eels/story-e6frep5x-1225966600906

Well, we do need a centre!

no we don't

Beale played a bunch of lock for the u20's hopefully this helped his defense because he looked promising in the centres in attack early last year. Plus Copley also looks like a big talent.

Beale really impressed me with his final two games in first grade. If we give him enough time to develop as either a centre or a fullback we'll be better for it.

Big Pete said:
Beale really impressed me with his final two games in first grade. If we give him enough time to develop as either a centre or a fullback we'll be better for it.

^^^ This. But centre. Definitely centre. Hoffman is and should be our long term fullback.

Aye and Gagai can fill his shoes if need be.

Although with that said, definitely give me Copley ahead of Beale.

Big Pete said:
Aye and Gagai can fill his shoes if need be.

Although with that said, definitely give me Copley ahead of Beale.

You edited before I quoted! It said Copley. And yes, Copley should be first choice left centre IMO

1. Hoffman
2. Yow Yeh
3. Hodges
4. Beale/Copley (whomever trials better)
5. Kemp
6. Lockyer
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Tronc
11. Thaiday
12. Te'o
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. Anderson/McGuire
17. Kenny/McGuire

Hey guys, I'm looking for some footage of Gagai playing, anyone able to help me out? Cheers.

[icon_lol1.

Nah mate, I was more in the Easts Tigers district. Thanks to my choice of school, I ended up playing more Union than League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • Santa
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • ozzball
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.