Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are we still talking about this guy? fair enough about speculation a few weeks ago, but since then, the broncos have come out and said they are not interested. move on guys.

Am I completley missing somrthing with Ben Hunt???

I have been a huge Broncos fan since 88 and always will be, but this kid Hunt gets so many raps and I honestly have not seen anything that makes me go "Yep hes got the goods"

If we are pinning our halves hopes on this kid once Locks retires wow were in for some painful years.
Seriously it will be painful, he and Wallace will not be able to get us to the 8
We need to make a serious play for JT or CC and then a Hunt or Norman could be a second fiddle player in the halves no worries

On this note also, our no 9 McCollough hasnt kicked on. Came in with good Cam Smith type potential but IMO hasnt done alot and needs to step up like other 9's in the comp.
This would enable Wallace to go better and even Locks

Thoughts?

If we can find a quality half then yes I agree we should sign them up but otherwise we really have to back the kids that we have spent so much time developing. Neither Hunt or Norman have really played more than a handful of games in the halves for the Broncos anyway, so we can't be certain what they have to offer.

I agree Beads. But can understand people's doubts about replacing Locky with a young guy. We tried with Alf and failed.

Fact is we won't have a superstar playmaker next season for the first time since, well, ever.

And as others have said, at the moment McCullough is hardly shaping as a star hooker. So with an average at best Wallace, unproven Hunt/Norman and average McCullough we are shaping up with the weakest 6, 7, 9 combination in our history.

All we can do is hope that Macca and Wallace step up and whoever we replace Lockyer with is up to the task..

iPhone YouTube is so touchy, won't load that video.

The Rock said:
ostin86 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgbPcRUnS4

lets get this bloke to replace locky.....

Shame every pass he threw was forward.

As if the touchies in the NRL would call them forward [icon_razz1

Can step but

Bucking Beads said:
If we can find a quality half then yes I agree we should sign them up but otherwise we really have to back the kids that we have spent so much time developing. Neither Hunt or Norman have really played more than a handful of games in the halves for the Broncos anyway, so we can't be certain what they have to offer.

Agree Beads. IMO outside of JT and CC, there aren't any other halves in the comp that are any better than Hunt/Norman would be once in the F/T gig; so I don't see the point in signing anyone else just for the sake of it.

But I'm starting to repeat myself with this, so I'll leave it alone now

What is it about Hunt or Norman that people think is so special? I know they haven't played many NRL games but from what ive seen they arn't anything that special and if they really were the Broncos saviours they would either be playing NRL right now or another club would have offered at least 1 of them big cash, maybe they have I dont know but right now they are another 2 players that have "so much potential" but will kost likely be another Brett Seymour.

Can someone please tell me why people are so convinced Hunt and Norman are so amazing?

winnie_992 said:
What is it about Hunt or Norman that people think is so special? I know they haven't played many NRL games but from what ive seen they arn't anything that special and if they really were the Broncos saviours they would either be playing NRL right now or another club would have offered at least 1 of them big cash, maybe they have I dont know but right now they are another 2 players that have "so much potential" but will kost likely be another Brett Seymour.

Can someone please tell me why people are so convinced Hunt and Norman are so amazing?

Have you really seen enough to rule out Ben Hunt and Corey Norman for the future??? Who do you suggest we sign that is currently off contract for next season???

winnie_992 said:

Norman has some great vision. I was at that game in Melbourne last year, and kept an eye on him all game. From memory, I think he played at 7. Watching him position himself in attack, direct the players around him and choosing when to run the ball and when/who to pass to, I feel that he was a huge part of our win that day. He's displayed this attacking nous at other times too, obviously not as consistently as I'd like. But I feel that if he were played at 6 for an entire season (2012 would be a great season for that!) he'd settle into the role and really blossom.

dukey said:
winnie_992 said:

Norman has some great vision. I was at that game in Melbourne last year, and kept an eye on him all game. From memory, I think he played at 7. Watching him position himself in attack, direct the players around him and choosing when to run the ball and when/who to pass to, I feel that he was a huge part of our win that day. He's displayed this attacking nous at other times too, obviously not as consistently as I'd like. But I feel that if he were played at 6 for an entire season (2012 would be a great season for that!) he'd settle into the role and really blossom.

No doubt he will, but we need him playing Qcup now. Screw the U20's get Norman into the Qcup so we can see how he goes.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Get him into QCup right now and prep him for next year. He's up for it.

We should have a bucketload of cash to spend.

Don't forget we have apparantly front-ended a number of contracts to make sure that the Inglis money is spent for this year, and therefore giving us more up our sleeve over the next couple of years. Add to that the money we won't be paying Lockyer and, well, thats a shitload of spare cash. Getting toward 3/4 of a million bucks or so ? Who knows.

In the event we don't sign anybody, Corey Norman would be given first crack at #6 in my team. Ben Hunt had better learn to be a better dummy half or he will be playing elsewhere very soon. He looks slow and almost overweight to me this year. He will never be an NRL #7 in my view.

What about in England ? Any young halves worth having a look at ? Only problem with this kind of arrangement is that you can get somebody for 2 or 3 years, have their game improve a lot and then they go home to an income in pounds and are homesick.

Not that any of these would be available but I like the look of Hodkinson (wouldn't go well with Wallace - both very similar and would lack creativity) and Keiran Foran looks a gun to me.

If we ever recruit JT, I'd have to seriously consider other options to support. Grub of the highest order.

Oink !

I'd be perfectly happy to go with:
9. Wallace/McCullough

7. Wallace/Hunt
6. Norman

And just stick with it. No matter who we recruit post-Locky, we're in for a few rough years. I'll take short term pain in exchange for our halves growing into their roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Tmac
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • kiwi2
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • Bish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • westy316
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.