Player Movements and Rumours 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly seems to lead a pretty charmed existance - Their coach can say what he likes about the NRL / referees / rip doors off hinges .. They boast a thousand origin players yet none of them seem to play origin and now they're sigining $1million contract extensions with their halfback .. its a nice little 'cocoon' they live in at brookvale

not if you believe what Hasler and the rest of the Manly players and fans seem to think. that they are victimised by the NRL and the NRL are "Anti-Manly:" ... give me a break

Do you think if any other player had done what Brett Stewart did on Grand Final day he would have been slapped with a fine?

Anyway, what are the conspiracy theories behind Hasler? Money? Problems with the board? Zorba? Stewart Bros?

Yeah, how to spend all his money.

By all accounts Hasler is tight with his cash, so he would followed the money.

Hope WB doesn't have a falling out with Tickler, as he is a slow payer.

Heard from a source close to Wallabies that Barnes may be coming back, will be interesting to see

Heard from a source close to Wallabies that Barnes may be coming back, will be interesting to see

Man, wish he'd come back to the Broncos for next year (if at a reasonable price). As much as I love Benny Hunt, Barnes in the halves I think would be outstanding. Great kicking game, excellent vision, excellent running game.

Wasn't HB was it? :cheesy:

What an awesome signing Barnes would be.

He'd be amazing. He has of the best passing games in either code. From memory he has get-out clauses in just about every year of his contract with the 'Tahs.

Read earlier than Rohan Ahern is headed to Mackay.

If true, I think that only leaves the future of Matt Britt uncertain.

Before he did his knee he was very close to a starting spot IIRC. Can anyone confirm? He wouldn't be a bad pick up for someone.

Yeah, I read reports about that, but who knows if they were just trying to generate some interest.

Probably a blessing in disguise really, it made sure Gillett was selected and boy didn't he have a great season that year. I'd also imagine Tariq Sims would have been ahead of Rohan in the pecking order as the season wore on. The more I see of Tariq, the more I question why he didn't at least get one game off the bench for us in 2010 when we were dying for some power upfront. That may have been Henjak's biggest gaffe of all.

I'm very doubtful he would have had a similar impact here. He was the dominant forward in the u20s that year, and I rated him as one of our highest priority retentions given how average our front row stocks looked at the time.

However, he would never have been allowed to play on the edge here. I'm not sure he'd have been as successful through the middle. At best he'd currently be a fringe player for us.

They just said on Nine that Nick Kenny is being shopped around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Dazza 92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.