Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Thanks for the good times, Te'o, good luck.

The lure of the almighty $$$$$ must've been too great.

He wont shine at the Bunnies that's for sure

Souths aren't the player killer they used to be. Good signing by them and good move by Te'o

It's a shame to lose him but unfortunately you can't keep them all. Given the talent we've got coming through if we only end up losing beale and te'o I think the club will have done remarkably well.

It's a shame to lose him but unfortunately you can't keep them all. Given the talent we've got coming through if we only end up losing beale and te'o I think the club will have done remarkably well.

Yep, spot on. We are really lucky to still have some of the talent we have. Our team is full of loyal players but loyalty can only go so far sometimes.

Souths aren't the player killer they used to be. Good signing by them and good move by Te'o

:handshake:

I wish Te'o all the best at Souths. Has always displayed a great attitude for us, on top of putting in some excellent performances.

As some probably know, don't have the biggest wraps on Te'o. Considering all the talent we have in the backrow, I don't mind that he's the one leaving.

Wish him all the best though. Souths are going places under Maguire I think.

I must admit, I was expecting a bit more glee from yourself, ethos. :cheesy:

As some probably know, don't have the biggest wraps on Te'o. Considering all the talent we have in the backrow, I don't mind that he's the one leaving.

Wish him all the best though. Souths are going places under Maguire I think.

TBH I look at the backrowers we have at the club who would be in our regular 17 and without being harsh he was the least necessary to retain when you consider what Glenn, Thaiday, Parker and Gillett all offer. In the end there comes times when clubs needs to be prepared to let a player go, even the quality ones. The club has done extremely well to retain the bulk of our squad for the future but in the end with the salary cap there is just no way to retain every player, Beale and Te'o are quality players, but they are replaceable. I hope Te'o and Beale can finish this season well and success in the future.

Last edited:
I must admit, I was expecting a bit more glee from yourself, ethos. :cheesy:

Haha I'm not that bad, am I? But as GC said, he's bottom of the list when it comes to backrowers in the top 17.

It does suck that two blokes in our best 17 are leaving though.. screw the salary cap.

Burgess, Taylor, Te'o... that's one of the best back rows in the comp.

Agreed. When you consider we will have the likes of Hannant, McGuire, Parker, Glenn, Thaiday and Gillett on the books next year, not to mention Hodges and Hoffman etc., it really is amazing that we don't have to lose more players. And frankly, Te'o was never OUR player. We bought him. For mine it's no shame if a bought player is forced out. If he were someone we truly developed I'd be a lot more disappointed, even though as a player I think he's kind of expendable in terms of what he offers.

Burgess, Taylor, Te'o... that's one of the best back rows in the comp.

Taylor will be at the Titans next year? (or did I miss something about renegging due to the Titans being bankrupt)

His not signed to the Titans and hasn't re-signed with the Rabbitohs and theres no certainty that even if the titans deal falls out he will stay with the Rabbitohs anyway.

Thanks.

I think if he doesn't go to the Titans, he will go to the Cowboys.

I have a sneaky suspicion he would be more likely to sign with us than the Cowboys (though both seem implausible). Pretty sure his wife wanted to move closer to her family, and Townsville isn't really suitable for that. Plus their pack is just as impressive as our.

I try not to think about it too much though. The idea of Taylor partnering with Gillett is too heavenly to be possible.

Remember Greg Inglis wife wanted to move closer to family in Brisbane & look what happened.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Dash
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Turky Murky
  • Fitzy
  • thenry
  • Morkel
  • MasterWright
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.