Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Look at what's going on with Sandow at Parramatta or better yet what happened to Asotasi at Souths. Both accepted huge contracts at a relatively young age & their careers really suffered as a result.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

I'm sure regardless of his salary Te'o is going to try really hard to be a good player for Souths. Might as well get paid great money whilst doing it, rather than just good money.

Meat77

Meat77

NRL Player
Feb 10, 2010
I'd be absolutely stunned if he was on 400K. There's no way anyone would see him as that sort of "marquee" player in my book - not even Souths surely

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
It does sound like a little much, but it also sounds like the salary cap is going to rise quite a bit each year.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
On the Footy Show Erin Molan said the rumour going around is the Broncos didn't offer Te'o a contract.

She contacted the Broncos about it & she said they wouldn't comment on it.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Dissapointing that Ben is leaving. Thanks for your services.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
On the Footy Show Erin Molan said the rumour going around is the Broncos didn't offer Te'o a contract.

She contacted the Broncos about it & she said they wouldn't comment on it.

I'm finding it very hard to believe that they wouldn't offer him a renewed contract :shake:

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe they knew they couldn't compete with the offer from Souths & didn't want to insult him.

If it's true, that he is getting $400,000 at Souths no wonder they didn't offer him a contract.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I think it probably went down like this.

Gee: Alright, Benny. We're prepared to offer you a contract. Let's talk numbers.
T'eo: Well, Souths are offering me *insert number here*
Gee: they want to pay you HOW MUCH?!?!
T'eo: I know, LOL! I'm going to take the money and run.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
More likely this happened.

Gee: Alright, Benny. We're prepared to offer you a contract. Let's talk numbers.
T'eo: Well, Souths are offering me *insert number here*
Gee: they want to pay you HOW MUCH?!?!
Te'o: So how much are you willing to pay me.
Gee: See ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
mcguire on the game plan last night mentioned how souths are attracting guys like teo to the club because they want to play with the likes of inglis,taylor, *whoever else he said cant remember*.

maybe he forgot taylor is leaving or there is something to be read into it.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
he said Isaac Luke. therefore it was a bunch of bollocks.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
They better keep Glenn.

If you mean Alex Glenn then I think he won't be let go and we will do everything to keep him. Wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors had a red hot crack at him though.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't Teó's manager get suspended?

yeah, but he works for one of the biggest sports agency firms, they would have just got one of the other agents to make the deal. (or Te;'o did it himself, like he did when he first came to us)

nathano11

nathano11

NYC Player
Jun 14, 2010
I wonder how the broncos would approach it if Glenn got offered 400-500k at the Warriors? It all depends on how much the salary cap increases by then though but huge offers are going to be thrown at most of our side when they are up for renewal

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • broncoscope
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • MrRobot
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.