Player Movements and Rumours 2012

I don't want Taylor back, hes the picture of inconsistency

Te'o? Meh'o. Would've been nice to keep him, but as others have said, with Thaiday, Parker, Gillett, Glenn, Tayl...err :wink: , Lui, Slyney etc we can live without him.

Isn't Taylor still going to the Titans.

Could be another Moltzen situation, I cant see how the Titans can guarantee anything.

I wonder if he wants to come back home now?

Burgess, Taylor, Te'o... that's one of the best back rows in the comp.
Wot? Is souffs exempt from the salary cap?

I'm sure the Titans can guarantee mediocrity, failure and small crowds to play in front of.
So nothing different from the present situation...

Last edited:
I know we had to sacrifice one to keep the others but Ben Te'o has become one of my favourites. I'm disappointed he is leaving but not as disappointed as i would be if it was Gillett or Glenn. I would gladly keep Te'o instead of Anderson. I think Anderson offers little to our team and is taking up valuable salary cap dollars. He's another one in the "bought from another club" basket and should not be retained. Would hate to see us lose another quality player with Anderson still on the books. When is his contract up?

I know we had to sacrifice one to keep the others but Ben Te'o has become one of my favourites. I'm disappointed he is leaving but not as disappointed as i would be if it was Gillett or Glenn. I would gladly keep Te'o instead of Anderson. I think Anderson offers little to our team and is taking up valuable salary cap dollars. He's another one in the "bought from another club" basket and should not be retained. Would hate to see us lose another quality player with Anderson still on the books. When is his contract up?
Anderson unfortunately comes off contract after 2013

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/teams/brisbane-broncos/

Last edited:
Burgess, Taylor, Te'o... that's one of the best back rows in the comp.

Souths may have just used a fair bit of the money that they had allocated for Taylors retention, so even if he wanted to stay he may not be able to (or have to take a big pay cut)

Souths may have just used a fair bit of the money that they had allocated for Taylors retention, so even if he wanted to stay he may not be able to (or have to take a big pay cut)
Agreed, it's not like Te'o would have signed with souths without a substantial deal in it for him and I doubt Taylor will stay for less then what his currently on when he could go elsewhere and get more. Signing Te'o would just make it harder for Souths to retain Taylor even if he wants to remain.

Agreed, it's not like Te'o would have signed with souths without a substantial deal in it for him and I doubt Taylor will stay for less then what his currently on when he could go elsewhere and get more. Signing Te'o would just make it harder for Souths to retain Taylor even if he wants to remain.

Matthew Johns on NRL on Fox reckons Teo scored $400k a year ???

The lure of the almighty $$$$$ must've been too great.

He wont shine at the Bunnies that's for sure

Apparently he is getting 400k a year to go to souths. Way too much for him, hope the money comforts him while he watches the real players running around playing for queensland, realising he threw away he's career

His not signed to the Titans and hasn't re-signed with the Rabbitohs and theres no certainty that even if the titans deal falls out he will stay with the Rabbitohs anyway.

I don't think he can stay at souths even if he wants to. Word is Teo got his money.

I think you have summed it up perfectly. I must admit I was pretty dirty when I found out he was going, but then I thought how amazingly disappointed I would be if we lost gillett or glenn and felt alot better

This is probably a topic for another conversation but in light of Te'o allegedly accepting a 400K contract I'm interested to hear if that was such a smart move for Ben moving forward. I know the players must look after themselves financially and their job is incredibly insecure but Rugby League is a team game and to take that much out of a team's salary cap is going to impact the quality of said team. I don't hold anything against Te'o leaving, he was too good to be playing off the bench and we have plenty of players coming through who can play his role but I don't know if this was exactly the best move for his future.

This is probably a topic for another conversation but in light of Te'o allegedly accepting a 400K contract I'm interested to hear if that was such a smart move for Ben moving forward. I know the players must look after themselves financially and their job is incredibly insecure but Rugby League is a team game and to take that much out of a team's salary cap is going to impact the quality of said team. I don't hold anything against Te'o leaving, he was too good to be playing off the bench and we have plenty of players coming through who can play his role but I don't know if this was exactly the best move for his future.

You are saying this as if Te'o was the first player to ever do this.

Regardless, he gets a starting spot and more money... it sure sounds like a smart move on paper, forgetting for a moment that Souffs are a joke side.

That wasn't in my post at all, what a stupid accusation.

Look at what's going on with Sandow at Parramatta or better yet what happened to Asotasi at Souths. Both accepted huge contracts at a relatively young age & their careers really suffered as a result.

I respect the other point.

1.2 million over 3 years(what ever that is after tax) + what ever he's saved now. If he's smart he's set for life, nothing to worry about at all. Souths aren't the joke they once were and he'll probably get more recognition there as opposed to our backrow where it's difficult to stand out.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Dash
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncs1459
  • Turky Murky
  • Fitzy
  • thenry
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.