Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Given our issues in creating fluid attacks I'd have thought a creative lock like Lewis would be a much better fit.

With Beale, Civo, Gagai and Te'o moving on and the salary cap increasing its nice to know that we can re-sign/upgrade any of our current squad and sign a gun player or two.

Given our issues in creating fluid attacks I'd have thought a creative lock like Lewis would be a much better fit.

If the current "K-Mart brand" Bulldogs backline (barba excluded) can manage it there's absolutely no reason why the broncos can't with their personel ..

If the current "K-Mart brand" Bulldogs backline (barba excluded) can manage it there's absolutely no reason why the broncos can't with their personel ..

Morris and Inu are "K-mart brand"?! morris is probably the form centre of the comp!

Morris and Inu are "K-mart brand"?! morris is probably the form centre of the comp!

yeah, now ... but how were he and the rest of that crew going this time last season ?? Or even early in THIS season ??

morris's job is made a hell of alot easier by the way the team plays around him. put him in the current broncos side and he loses all effectiveness. it'd be worse than it was for inglis when he was playing centre at souths.

morris's job is made a hell of alot easier by the way the team plays around him. put him in the current broncos side and he loses all effectiveness. it'd be worse than it was for inglis when he was playing centre at souths.

You could say that about just about any outside back though. Hodges has hardly been setting the world on fire now he no longer has someone like Lockyer to give him quality ball.

Anyone denying how good Josh Morris has been has rocks in their head, or blinkers on, or both. However, noisetheory is right, his form is greatly helped by the quality and form of the players inside him, particularly Josh Reynolds and Ben Barba. They are just killing it.

I think Hodges is still just as capable of being that dominant if the likes of Wallace, Norman and Hoffman can sort their shit out.

Bulldogs shift the ball quickly and deeply exactly like Des had Mnaly doing, Lyon and Matai are lethal at putting wingers away because they have fantastic halves and second rowers who give them quality deep early ball. Our play breaks down whenever Thaiday, Parker, Glenn, Reed and Hodges get the ball because they usually get it way too flat and too late to be able to size the line up and create the numbers and space to exploit any defensive problems.

Bulldogs shift the ball quickly and deeply exactly like Des had Mnaly doing, Lyon and Matai are lethal at putting wingers away because they have fantastic halves and second rowers who give them quality deep early ball. Our play breaks down whenever Thaiday, Parker, Glenn, Reed and Hodges get the ball because they usually get it way too flat and too late to be able to size the line up and create the numbers and space to exploit any defensive problems.

1000% this. I think it has little to do with the players individually but the structure. It's all wrong.

For sure, guys like Reed and Hodges have shown they can put guys away or just plain beat players themself but only when they have the room. Same goes for Glenn especially he would be tremendous on the fringe with a bigger wind up on his runs plus I know Thaiday loves taking hospital passes but it increases his error rate, is predictable and it limits his ability to create for others which he has shown for a second rower he is one of the more talented ball players going around.

For sure, guys like Reed and Hodges have shown they can put guys away or just plain beat players themself but only when they have the room. Same goes for Glenn especially he would be tremendous on the fringe with a bigger wind up on his runs plus I know Thaiday loves taking hospital passes but it increases his error rate, is predictable and it limits his ability to create for others which he has shown for a second rower he is one of the more talented ball players going around.

Yep. For every time Sammy does the catch-hit-spin-offload with the defence right on him, he equally makes mistakes. There's no reason he shouldn't get the ball with 2m to run and still be able to hit-spin-fend-offload as he is so capable of doing.

Flat attack is perfectly fine when rolling up field, ensuring everyone is at the advantage line when they receive the ball. Love it. Great stuff.

But within 30m, we gotta get deeper.

Yep. For every time Sammy does the catch-hit-spin-offload with the defence right on him, he equally makes mistakes. There's no reason he shouldn't get the ball with 2m to run and still be able to hit-spin-fend-offload as he is so capable of doing.

Flat attack is perfectly fine when rolling up field, ensuring everyone is at the advantage line when they receive the ball. Love it. Great stuff.

But within 30m, we gotta get deeper.

Totally, totally agree!!!

Aiden Sezer is off contract, we should have a crack at him. Read a rumour that he could be headed this way.

Is he really off contract tho??? with the way he is playing I find it really hard to believe that the titans would have been stupid enough not to lock him up. I mean they are stupid but they can't be that stupid can they???

I read the other day the re-signed rankin, if that was at the expense of Sezer then they need a kick in the head

Yeah, I can't see the Titans letting Sezer go easily. Rankin probably has the same deal as before but Sezer will definitely be getting an upgraded contract so it might require some negotiating.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Jedhead
  • vertigo
  • Pigskin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mrslong
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Rah88
  • phoenix
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrtij
  • IceWorks
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.