Player Movements and Rumours 2012

rubbish. did anyone look at the bulldogs squad and genuinely think they'd be the team they are right now?

keating & reynolds in the halves. reynolds before this season was basically an unknown. apart from barba and morris they had nuffies in teh backline. their forward pack wasn't exactly proven.

at the start of the season I honestly thought the Bulldogs would be the big improvers for one reason - Des Hasler

certainly didn't think they'd be as lights-out as they currently are but thought once Hasler chipped away at that squad and moved a couple of blokes on (keating being one of those) they'd be a real force from 2013 onwards..

Last edited:
James Roberts....... GO! I've mostly only seen him at fullback but geeze he looks a prospect. He is very similar to Barba in that he is equally adept in the halves. The position he is pushed towards with his next club will determine where his positional future lies.

Would be a nice trade for Benny Hunt.

James Roberts....... GO! I've mostly only seen him at fullback but geeze he looks a prospect. He is very similar to Barba in that he is equally adept in the halves. The position he is pushed towards with his next club will determine where his positional future lies.

Would be a nice trade for Benny Hunt.

Are the Broncos the type of club who picks up players that misbehave?? Doubtful.

I would love a player like James Roberts, but to sign him after releasing Gagai would send the wrong message IMO. And trust me when I say nobody here likes him more than I do - if rocky were here I'm sure he'd tell you!

Agreed, I can't argue with the no d!ckheads policy. A strong culture will ultimately deliver more results than talent. However, Roberts is certainly one of the only solutions to the BHQ halves crisis.

I've no problems with Wallace - he is the man to take us forward. The jury is still out on Norman though. He is doing a job this year, and Hook has eased him in with limited responsibilities, however when asked to do more he seems to struggle. 2013 will be make or break for him.

How is an unproven halfback/fullback even considered to be a solution to our halves crisis?? Seriously??

We don't have a halves crisis.

He is very similar to Benny Barba, who would be playing in the halves if Patten was 5 years younger. It's all dependent upon opportunities at the time. Chris Sandow played all his junior and schoolboy footy at fullback, however was pushed into the halves once he hit clubland. Not because he was viewed as a better half, but because that's where the opportunity was. The same could be said of Norman.

Roberts is a potential solution to the problem we do have - the jury is still out on Norman who will need a strong start to 2013. Quite frankly if he can't cut the mustard then we do not have a replacement. Hunt? No way. Capewell? The club obviously rate him - he's not even in our top 25!

He isn't really a solution at all. Unproven player, may as well play Frisby or Hegarty from the under 20's

Beads, do you ever give consideration to anyone not at the club? All you ever seem to do dismiss alternatives.

Actually, never mind. Forgot we had Kahu in reserve. He'll be first cab off the rank if Norman can't nail down 6.

Beads, do you ever give consideration to anyone not at the club? All you ever seem to do dismiss alternatives.

Happy to sign players mate. I was the one suggesting we should make some signings. Just don't see how an unproven player is a solution. Now Cherry-Evans, that is a solution.

Happy to sign players mate. I was the one suggesting we should make some signings. Just don't see how an unproven player is a solution. Now Cherry-Evans, that is a solution.

How is an overvalued 500k per year player locked up for the next 3-4 years a solution? The mind boggles.

How is an overvalued 500k per year player locked up for the next 3-4 years a solution? The mind boggles.

The mind boggles that you don't understand what I am talking about. A proven half is what we need not another rookie. Obviously we can't get Cherry-Evans but a player like him who is experienced and proven is a real solution. I would have thought what I was getting at was pretty obvious but obviously not. Herp Derp..

Last edited:
Who are you going to release to fit a DCE-esque half under our cap? You need to find at least 400k. It's very easy to proclaim we should do this or that.. however, HOW are we going to do it?

This is why Roberts is a realistic option.

Who are you going to release to fit a DCE-esque half under our cap? You need to find at least 400k. It's very easy to proclaim we should do this or that.. however, HOW are we going to do it?

This is why Roberts is a realistic option.

We offered both Te'o and Beale contracts plus we lost Gagai. Should have the money in the bank. I'd say Hunt or Norman would leave if we signed Cherry-Evans anyway.

I don't really think much of Roberts in the halves anyways. The games I've seen him play suggests that he can trouble NYC level defenders with his running game but everything else is pretty ordinary. If you wanted a Souths half, you'd want Luke Keary. Queensland boy who's been carrying that NYC side through a number of games they should have lost.

Souths should be commended. Honestly didn't think they were the type of club with that set of balls to drop two of their best junior players. Kudos.

Souths should be commended. Honestly didn't think they were the type of club with that set of balls to drop two of their best junior players. Kudos.

It is all apart of the new culture they are building down there. Maguire is looking like a bloody good coach so far.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Justwin
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • Emanon
  • Dexter
  • Pigskin
  • Wild Horse
  • bert_lifts
  • trugo bronco
  • Aldo
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.