Player Movements and Rumours 2012

I'm not say we haven't got any money to spend under the cap, what i'm saying is it would take upwards of 800k a season to lure Thurston away from the Cowboys.

even with losing Petero, Gagai, Te'o and Beale (the latter 3 wouldn't have been on huge money) and once we have upgraded the guys we need to. we wouldn't have that sort of coin... but we may still have the coin to sign a quality player, just not in JT's league.

oh cods wallop...... are you jonathon thurston? i'm going to assume the answer is no. so you have no idea what it would take to get him to brisbane and 800k is just a figure you have extracted from a dark place. the only person that can answer the question is JT and i think it should be high on our priority list to ask....

I wonder if his good mate Thaiday can convince him to sign with us

I have a feeling he will go back to the Dogs.

He never really wanted to leave them, but was told he wasn't wanted.

He was forced to leave the Bulldogs because of salary-cap issues.

we should totally go all out for Thurston.

Thurston will be 32 by the time he would becoming to us. Do we really want to throw the the furniture and kitchen appliances at a albeit excellent, older player who will be close to retirement?

Sign him, try to win a premiership in the same year or the next, keep fans happy for next 5.

Thurston will be 32 by the time he would becoming to us. Do we really want to throw the the furniture and kitchen appliances at a albeit excellent, older player who will be close to retirement?

hmm wasn't aware he would be 32, might have second thoughts there.

hmm wasn't aware he would be 32, might have second thoughts there.

Agreed.

If we're going to chase a playmaker, i think we'd be better served getting someone who we can get at least 5 years out of.

Most of our squad is young, and if we can keep them all, would form quite a good combo with a younger halfback leading them around.

Agreed.

If we're going to chase a playmaker, i think we'd be better served getting someone who we can get at least 5 years out of.

Most of our squad is young, and if we can keep them all, would form quite a good combo with a younger halfback leading them around.

I agree. Let's get Mitchell Pearce.

Waiting...waiting...

I agree. Let's get Mitchell Pearce.

Waiting...waiting...

that-guy.jpg

and darren was 34 when he retired wasn't he? he was still playing pretty decent football.
so jonathan could have 2 or 3 years in him yet.

id rather go for someone like josh reynolds. that guy has a big career ahead of him.

He still reminds me a lot of Burns in '06.

J. Reynolds that is, an aggressive 6 in good form playing behind a form team. When things start going awry his inability as a playmaker will be exposed. He's blown a few opportunities this season and he's just fortunate that Inu has come along and given him one of the best 5th tackle plays in the competition.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Hoshsie
  • porouian
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • LGH
  • PeterR
  • bert_lifts
  • broncoscope
  • Yellowfella
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • Waynesaurus
  • Evander
  • Dreaglor
  • phoenix
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.