Player Movements and Rumours 2012

He still reminds me a lot of Burns in '06.

J. Reynolds that is, an aggressive 6 in good form playing behind a form team. When things start going awry his inability as a playmaker will be exposed. He's blown a few opportunities this season and he's just fortunate that Inu has come along and given him one of the best 5th tackle plays in the competition.

bit left field, but he actually reminds me of Jimmy Connors at the 1991 US open ... the fist pumping, the chest beating, to me it smacks of someone who deep down knows they've got a limited window in the limelight ..

He still reminds me a lot of Burns in '06.

J. Reynolds that is, an aggressive 6 in good form playing behind a form team. When things start going awry his inability as a playmaker will be exposed.

You can't forget the fact that this is his first full year of FG, and he has already improved heaps. Will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of finals football though.

He's blown a few opportunities this season.

Bit over confident and a hog sometimes, with time will come experience and maturity. Hoping he comes good, not many good halves out there..

If he was at the Broncs in his first full year he'd be looking for the oxygen about now.

Having a look through the other sides players I couldn't see who the Broncos could buy to improve our side next. There seems to be very few options particularly halves who would be available and better.

One guy I would go after is Reece Robinson to play him at fullback. He tore it up at 1 for the Raiders while Duggan was injured and has done nothing since going back to wing. He would be fairly cheap and would jump at the chance to play regular first grade.

Having a look through the other sides players I couldn't see who the Broncos could buy to improve our side next. There seems to be very few options particularly halves who would be available and better.

One guy I would go after is Reece Robinson to play him at fullback. He tore it up at 1 for the Raiders while Duggan was injured and has done nothing since going back to wing. He would be fairly cheap and would jump at the chance to play regular first grade.

1. We had him and let him go.
2. He is getting regular first grade on the wing for canberra and fullback for the 22 games a year dugan is out injured
3. He was tearing it up in a side that has there halves delivering quality ball and their forwards moving forward... so how would he fit into the broncos?
4. Fullback is far from our problem. Not that the broncos seem to buy players anymore, but if they did and it was FB I would lose my shit

2. He is getting regular first grade on the wing for canberra and fullback for the 22 games a year dugan is out injured
3. He was tearing it up in a side that has there halves delivering quality ball and their forwards moving forward... so how would he fit into the broncos?
4. Fullback is far from our problem. Not that the broncos seem to buy players anymore, but if they did and it was FB I would lose my shit

too true ... the Broncos only shed players nowadays .. good ones anyway .. and the only players they sign seem to be the Q-Cup standard 'fish John West reject' ...

That will do me then, fullback is one of our biggest problems. Hoffman is trying his best and I couldn't knock him on effort or safety but we get nothing from him in attack. He is best suited on the wing the way he is playing.

That will do me then, fullback is one of our biggest problems. Hoffman is trying his best and I couldn't knock him on effort or safety but we get nothing from him in attack. He is best suited on the wing the way he is playing.

look Dexter I know you hate Hoffman and thats fine, but how is FB our biggest problem? when our 6 runs into the line like a prop, our 7 gets a stunned look whenever the ball is passed to him like he has never seen a football before - and then dies on the fifth consistently, our forwards currently are being dominated by the likes of mannah and poore... i could go on. So considering all that you still think FB is our biggest problem??? mate get real, if you dumped slater in the current broncs lineup he wouldn't know what to do.

Now before you lose your s*** again I'm not denying hoffmans current form is a problem, I just can't see how it is our biggest.

Where have I ever said I hate Hoffman?

I said "one of our biggest problems". The reasons again, he offers nothing in attack. Every good fullback offers a target out wide and automatically provides that second man option inside 20 then when they get the ball they can actually pass it.

Hoffman rarely creates the extra man for our halves to pass to and he is not ready and waiting to back up a break.

As far as losing my shit, I hardly call using the loser emoticon losing it and remember it was in response to a smart arse comment you made.

Where have I ever said I hate Hoffman?

I said "one of our biggest problems". The reasons again, he offers nothing in attack. Every good fullback offers a target out wide and automatically provides that second man option inside 20 then when they get the ball they can actually pass it.

Hoffman rarely creates the extra man for our halves to pass to and he is not ready and waiting to back up a break.

As far as losing my shit, I hardly call using the loser emoticon losing it and remember it was in response to a smart arse comment you made.

Ok don't start going down that path again, I don't want another cautionary email. My point is that we have way bigger concerns to this. Yes either hoffman needs to get this into his game or we need to get a FB that does, but currently what is the point? our halves can't/won't pass. So even if we had Jesus himself playing custodian he would spend most of the match running around watching wallace die with the ball or norman shuffle is way into another tackle

The point as I see, is our season is not over until we have at least tried to fix something that is obviously broken.

I thought our forwards were a lot better on the weekend and we did vary our attack somewhat around the ruck area.

What we are in desperate need of is being able to put points on when we get inside 20. Most teams use shutdown defensive structure inside 20, that is a known, so the space should be on the sideline either inside or outside the winger depending on how a move is defended and how good the attack carries out the play.

We don't use plays to get to that space often enough when we get inside 20 and it's largely because our fullback isn't there.

Beale has the quickest hands in the team, he should be at fullback even if it's only when we get inside the attacking zone so he can run that second man play.

I am sure if we started scoring more points the whole side would lift, although with both our best back rowers out we will have to score 30 plus to be chance.

Once again, I didn't start going down any path I only responded to something you instigated. I'm happy to talk footy with you until I'm blue in the face, without the niggle :D

Fellas, whilst there is some quality discussion happening in here, it's a fair bit off-topic... so can we take it to the relevant thread? :winky:

Fair call Ning.

So my original post was about any possible (available ) players we could buy to improve out side next year.

Suggestions?

Players I wouldn't begrudge us from signing...

Mahe Fonua - Storm rookie centre. NYC team of 2011.
Mosese Pangai - Cowboys rookie centre. Work in progress but has a good combination of strength, skill and speed.
Omar Slaimankhel - Fast Warriors winger who can play fullback at a pinch.
Haydon Hodge - Backline utility for the Raiders. Class player who's spent the year playing lower grades recuperating from injuries.
Michael Parker-Walsh - Handy backline utility with a ton of talent.

Or bring back Folau!

Players I wouldn't begrudge us from signing...

Mahe Fonua - Storm rookie centre. NYC team of 2011.
Mosese Pangai - Cowboys rookie centre. Work in progress but has a good combination of strength, skill and speed.
Omar Slaimankhel - Fast Warriors winger who can play fullback at a pinch.
Haydon Hodge - Backline utility for the Raiders. Class player who's spent the year playing lower grades recuperating from injuries.
Michael Parker-Walsh - Handy backline utility with a ton of talent.

Or bring back Folau!

I thought I read that Pangai is heading back to Sydney?

On Twitter, Vossy said he heard a rumour he's off to Penrith but that's all as far as I'm aware.

I just hate that the club seems to have forgotten we went from being good to great as a club on the park because we added a few extra ingredients that we were lacking to a team that did have potential. We would not have won in 92 and 93 without the leadership and experience of Lazarus or the calmness and direction of Walters. We need a new halfback or five-eighth and either a centre or fullback that can provide structure and focal points as well as far more organisation to the way we attack.

Active Now

• Locky24
  • LittleDavey
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoshsie
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Evander
  • BroncosMan
  • kluppy
  • porouian
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Tmac
  • Emanon
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • LGH
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.