Player Movements and Rumours 2012

You are mistaking players who do their role well as game breakers. They are not the same thing. Running 200m is a strong performance, but if you are ineffective inside the red zone as a fullback you are not a game breaker.

And again, the way you describe Parker, that's a good forward doing a good job, but it's not being a game breaker. Game breakers set up score tries when the game is in the balance - they are go to players in attack that teams want to touch the ball in the final 10 mins - nobody sits around with the game in the balance wishing Parker touches the ball more in the opposition 20.

Don't know if I agree with you 100% but yes to Hoffman. For him to be a game breaker means doing what he's not: running the ball AND looking for a support player AND passing AND following in support: Hunting for the ball consistently behind the line; proper timing for the 2nd man play. Slater, Barba, Inglis, Stewart - they do this, and they are game breakers, but also because of their instincts to do those things and more.

Hoffman has on rare occasions done these things consistently but I am not seeing any real instinct to "game break".

With the others, I think that Parker can be a game breaker IF there was enough, if any, support and a structure of some sort to take advantage of his many offloads.

Gillett, well, he's partly down on confidence and therefore form, but then, this team doesn't know how to use skills to advantage.

Thaiday, well if he's carrying injuries sufficient to reduce his impact, them should he be playing? But yes, he has shown he can be a game breaker ... when he was fully fit.

For mine, being a game breaker is some who is given an opportunity as much as looking for one. At the moment, we are giving ours few opportunities, and without support, and with a loss of confidence, it makes it hard to do it.

If miracles happen, I would have any of: Thurston, DCE, Cronk, Foran, Johnson. Just one of those players would make a lot more happen to this roster.

Our halves are either still figuring it all out, or they have become crap. I'd want another half if one was on the market

if hoffman can go 3 games without copping a head knock we might see something from him. he gets smashed every week. as soon as he gets smashed he goes into his shell. happened last week when shillington gave him one. that was actually decent support play but after that hit we didnt see him go near the ball for the next half an hour.

if hoffman can go 3 games without copping a head knock we might see something from him. he gets smashed every week. as soon as he gets smashed he goes into his shell. happened last week when shillington gave him one. that was actually decent support play but after that hit we didnt see him go near the ball for the next half an hour.

Yeah, and I think most teams have noticed that too. I'm not going to call him soft or anything, it's likely because of his ongoing injuries, but the opposition have been exploiting that.

yup and we will just have to keep putting up with it until teams start doing the same thing to barba and dessy has a royal cry

You are mistaking players who do their role well as game breakers. They are not the same thing. Running 200m is a strong performance, but if you are ineffective inside the red zone as a fullback you are not a game breaker.

And again, the way you describe Parker, that's a good forward doing a good job, but it's not being a game breaker. Game breakers set up score tries when the game is in the balance - they are go to players in attack that teams want to touch the ball in the final 10 mins - nobody sits around with the game in the balance wishing Parker touches the ball more in the opposition 20.

Folau was a game breaker... We miss him more than we sometimes realise

yup and we will just have to keep putting up with it until teams start doing the same thing to barba and dessy has a royal cry

Agree. Actually if it started happening to boyd then benny would have a whinge and Grant would be on the phone like that! New laws would be bought in and the go who did it would be made an example of

The Knights are keen on Baptiste apparently. Read this on a twitter rumour page.

Don't see why Baptise gets so many wraps on here tbh. I'd much rather have McCullough long term.

Don't see why Baptise gets so many wraps on here tbh. I'd much rather have McCullough long term.

Do tell me how many times you have watched Baptiste play QLD cup. Nobody is saying they want Baptiste in the team ahead of McCullough. Baptiste is a good young talent playing well in QLD cup so he deserves the wraps he gets.

Do tell me how many times you have watched Baptiste play QLD cup. Nobody is saying they want Baptiste in the team ahead of McCullough. Baptiste is a good young talent playing well in QLD cup so he deserves the wraps he gets.

I reckon a lot of people are judging him purely on what they've seen in first grade, which really is unfair given he hasn't had consistent opportunities.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of him, but from when I have watched him, I've been impressed. Macca's had a pretty good season this year, but over the previous two years, I think Baptiste can count himself a little unlucky not to have gotten more game time for the Broncs as McCullough was terribly inconsistent.

Both are a different style of hookers from what I've seen. Baptiste has a much quicker service and better ruck awareness than McCullough. He's a support hooker, who is great when you have good halves. I think it wouldn't take long for him to adjust to FG and become pretty good. McCullough on the other hand, always seemed to be building towards a Cameron Smith/Robbie Farah type of hooker, someone who takes complete control of the side. His progress has been very slow though, but you get the feeling that he needs one more jump to become the real driving force of our side... but he hasn't taken it yet. If he does make it, he'd be more fitting with the halves we have.

He's going OK, wouldn't say he is exactly setting the world on fire.

Haven't seen him at all in QLD Cup. Have seen him in his handful of NRL games. Pretty ordinary tbh.

In the few Q Cup games I have seen Baptiste is very hot and cold. He is sharp around the rucks and is definitely quicker off the mark than McCullough, but he still has plenty of errors in his game. His pace out of dummy half does make him dangerous though...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ach-rivals-stars/story-e6frep76-1226450420463

"The answer is simple - we have not even contemplated looking at players from other clubs," Broncos chief executive Paul White said yesterday.

"I want to back the players we have already invested in.

"I support what has been done to secure the majority of our playing roster and the development systems we have in place that have always served this club well.

"That is not to say we will not ever be in the market for players from other clubs.

"But I can guarantee you it is certainly not something we are pursuing at the moment."

Active Now

• Hoshsie
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • BRC088
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spooky1013
  • upthebroncs
  • johnny plath
  • Stix
  • levikaden
  • NSW stables
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.