Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Look I appreciate that stance but look what loyalty has done for us.

Ben Te'o, Gerard Beale are walking, Gagai repaid us by being a lazy s**t and getting his contract torn up & who knows whether Jharal Yow Yeh, Jordan Kahu or David Hala will be worth keeping post serious injuries.

All this occurred despite there being cap increases on the horizon & the retirement of an International standard prop in Petero Civoniceiva.

The question is, where is the money going?

How much are we paying Hodges, Thaiday, Parker, Hannant, Hoffman, Yow Yeh, Wallace, Norman, McCullough, Glenn & McGuire to be losing 4 players & signing absolutely zero.

All well and good to honour our depth but tell me, where is it? Next brigade of Broncos are sitting 12th, they're not ready to conquer just yet so how are we going to pose a threat next year?

I don't want the Broncos to become like the Bulldogs and buy a premiership but by the same token I don't want to see us passively allow other clubs to buy our players out from us. At this stage, I don't think 2013 is going to be a very enjoyable year for Broncos fans.

I agree Pete. I do wonder where the money is. I like backing our youth but I feel it could build some complacency.

I don't want the Broncos to become like the Bulldogs and buy a premiership but by the same token I don't want to see us passively allow other clubs to buy our players out from us.

The NRL should do something, something like if a player has come up through the Junior ranks & is then signed by another club, that club should have to pay a fee the club that had the Junior player.

Maybe the money can come off their salary cap & put on the other clubs salary cap.

Fee could be something like $10,000 etc, if the player is an established 1st grader etc the fee increases

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/rlw/

RLW - Thurston keenly in the broncos sights... I would pay little attention to White's "we won't look elsewhere and our current players are the bees knees stance"

They have the money and they need to go hard after him. Can you imagine our team in 2014 if we got him, and assuming people return well from injuries etc.

1. Norman/hoffman
2. Maranta/copley
3. Reed
4. Hoffman/copley/norman
5. Yow Yeh
6. Thurston
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Hala
16. Gibb
17. Frei/J Wallace/some other promising up and comer that isn't lui

Now that's a team!

I get the feeling the Broncos are reluctant to throw money at established stars after the Joel Clinton signing didn't work out like they hoped it would. Same thing I suppose with Inglis coming on board and then jumping ship to Souths (which still tears me up inside).

I get the feeling the Broncos are reluctant to throw money at established stars after the Joel Clinton signing didn't work out like they hoped it would. Same thing I suppose with Inglis coming on board and then jumping ship to Souths (which still tears me up inside).

This could be spot on. Plus Izzy leaving after we signed him.

I'm hearing a few rumblings that Hunt and some of the younger guys are very unhappy at the Broncs. All to do with the form of Wallace and the fact he keeps his spot no matter what.

That is not from somebody who I know well enough to believe absolutely, could be Chinese whispers.

I'm heard similar rumbles, Dexter. And I've been hearing them off and on for 3 years. Wallace isn't that well liked if the stories are true.

I'm heard similar rumbles, Dexter. And I've been hearing them off and on for 3 years. Wallace isn't that well liked if the stories are true.

If these rumblings are true why would the club keep re-signing him?

I'm hearing a few rumblings that Hunt and some of the younger guys are very unhappy at the Broncs. All to do with the form of Wallace and the fact he keeps his spot no matter what.

That is not from somebody who I know well enough to believe absolutely, could be Chinese whispers.

Thanks for passing that on fellas.

If it is true, well I can't say I'm surprised. I'm also bewildered at how Wallace keeps managing to retain his spot!

It's probably why we are losing so many players.

Could very well be........Peter Wallace is a cancer

and is poisoning his host / the Broncos.

Thanks for passing that on fellas.

If it is true, well I can't say I'm surprised. I'm also bewildered at how Wallace keeps managing to retain his spot!

Because we've bloody well got nobody else!!!!!!!!!!

What about Capewell?? I do agree with you to a point though. Hard to drop a bloke that is in poor form when we don't have anyone to replace him with.

What about Capewell?? I do agree with you to a point though. Hard to drop a bloke that is in poor form when we don't have anyone to replace him with.

I rate him but just get nervous about his previous performances at NRL level for Souths and the Titans, plus he has no real big game/finals experience like Wallace does. If he was there from the start of the season (and performed well), sure, but right now I think it'd be a bridge too far for him to come in and play the go-to man role.

Yeah look let's face it, players being a bit dirty on a non-performing player being picked all the time is nothing new. Like fans, they tend to shut up when said player is playing well. And again as Jeb said, there was/is nobody else really available either within the club or to recruit so the Broncos' hands are tied to a degree.

But it'll be an area where Griffin's man management will have to shine. These kinds of issues can erode at the foundations of team spirit, so he can't let it fester if there's genuine frustration in the playing group towards Wallace (or anyone else).

Not quite.

1. Hoffman / Beale

6. Norman

7. Hunt.

It's a sad, sad day for Brisbane if we are forced to keep playing a player who is ridiculously out of form simply because "we've got no other option"

How the f*ck did it get to that.....?

Not quite.

1. Hoffman / Beale

6. Norman

7. Hunt.

It's a sad, sad day for Brisbane if we are forced to keep playing a player who is ridiculously out of form simply because "we've got no other option"

How the f*ck did it get to that.....?

Most clubs are like that though. There's very little depth in the halves throughout the NRL. Some clubs have a first choice that isn't even FG standard.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • KickHaas
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Locky24
  • The True King
  • teampjta
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.