Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Not quite.

1. Hoffman / Beale

6. Norman

7. Hunt.

It's a sad, sad day for Brisbane if we are forced to keep playing a player who is ridiculously out of form simply because "we've got no other option"

How the f*ck did it get to that.....?

As Alec said. Limited depth, throughout the whole competition.

Wallace is obviously the better option in the halves over Norman. Wallace was top 5 in the Dally M count earlier in the season, Norman would be lucky to win 5th prize in a chook raffle.

I get the feeling the Broncos are reluctant to throw money at established stars after the Joel Clinton signing didn't work out like they hoped it would. Same thing I suppose with Inglis coming on board and then jumping ship to Souths (which still tears me up inside).

well if that's even remotely close to having one fibre of truth to it then the club may as well sell up and shut down right now .. ffs that's like the playing group saying they're reluctant to go out and play next weekend because they played badly and got beaten last week.

well if that's even remotely close to having one fibre of truth to it then the club may as well sell up and shut down right now .. ffs that's like the playing group saying they're reluctant to go out and play next weekend because they played badly and got beaten last week.

Not really. The Broncos development system has a very good history which has seen the club earn its rights to have faith that it will give us what we need. Not to mention that the market for all the key positions (halves, front row) is so inflated these days, you've got blokes like Ben Hannant and Chris Sandow commanding upwards of $350k a year when they have yet to really prove that worth.

Not really. The Broncos development system has a very good history which has seen the club earn its rights to have faith that it will give us what we need. Not to mention that the market for all the key positions (halves, front row) is so inflated these days, you've got blokes like Ben Hannant and Chris Sandow commanding upwards of $350k a year when they have yet to really prove that worth.

Ben Hannant.....?

SOO prop since what.... 2008???

You for real.......?

I don't care if Wallace is thought of as the devil incarnate, the other players have to rise above it & play well & then maybe Griffin will pick them instead.

If they aren't happy, that could be the reason why they aren't playing well.

I don't care if Wallace is thought of as the devil incarnate, the other players have to rise above it & play well & then maybe Griffin will pick them instead.

If they aren't happy, that could be the reason why they aren't playing well.

My point exactly. But if there is unhappiness, Griffin needs to be the one to get them to stop trying to blame other people for bad form and lift their own games. As bad as Wallace has been, he's not alone. None of them are performing as well as they did early in the year. Not one. And that's the main problem. If players are trying to offload the blame onto other underperforming players then we've got no chance. Everyone has to take responsibility for the situation.

Going out and signing players doesn't win comps. Name me a team in the last 10 years that has bought a comp, rather than won it with a group of developed juniors. There is very limited value for money in going outside your own system for established players.

Also we've lost T'eo and Beale - spare me the tears. Some blood-letting had to happen to re-sign our young crop. If there are positions where we could afford to lose a player its the outside backs and the backrow. Griffin, Gee and White have done a brilliant job.

Griffin needs to be the one to get them to stop trying to blame other people for bad form and lift their own games.

Griffin may have to take his own advice.

To me Griffin is starting to be like Henjak. (he doesn't have the balls to drop players, he threatens that he will)

Our players are starting to act like cry babies, if they don't get picked & others not dropped.

Last edited:
Griffin may have to take his own advice.

To me Griffin is starting to be like Henjak. (he doesn't have the balls to drop players, he threatens that he will)

He released Gagai and he dropped Hoffman for a minor infringement when our side was in a horrible slump. He moved Norman to the bench and now he has Hoffman on the wing and Norman at fullback. Hook has moved or demoted players.

Are you serious?? you are questioning ben hannants worth??? I'm really hoping you meant to write ben barba or ben roberts or something less ridiculous than what you just wrote

Are you serious?? you are questioning ben hannants worth??? I'm really hoping you meant to write ben barba or ben roberts or something less ridiculous than what you just wrote

No no no, I should've explained myself further. I used Hannant as an example because of how we lost him to the Bulldogs, who paid him overs at the time. Example wasn't meant for present day.

I wonder if this could be a bit like the speech CEO's give right before they sack their coach.. "He has the boards full support". i get the feeling that White has said that to give the players a bit of security and confidence, hoping they'll play better because of it.

especially if the rumours in RLW week about us going hard at Thurston... FTR, i'm not so sure that would be a great signing for us. IMO, it would be nothing more than a short term fix, given that by 2014 he will be about 32

Going out and signing players doesn't win comps. Name me a team in the last 10 years that has bought a comp, rather than won it with a group of developed juniors. There is very limited value for money in going outside your own system for established players.

Also we've lost T'eo and Beale - spare me the tears. Some blood-letting had to happen to re-sign our young crop. If there are positions where we could afford to lose a player its the outside backs and the backrow. Griffin, Gee and White have done a brilliant job.

No one is suggesting go and buy the farm, but every team that is successful has to be at least the odd player or two outside of there ranks, its just the way it is. Name me a team that has won a premiership with every player being a junior they have developed

Nobody has said we should 'buy' a competition, just recruit a name player or two to fill weak positions (halves, backs).

A few teams have been succesful executing such a method, look at...

Dragons 2010: Darius Boyd, Michael Weyman, Nathan Fien, Jeremy Smith, Neville Costigan, Jamie Soward, Mark Gasnier, Luke Priddis Coach: Wayne Bennett

or

Manly 2008: Steven Bell, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon, Matt Orford, Brent Kite, Josh Perry, Glenn Hall

Beale & Gagai are both big losses in the backs as we really don't have much depth in that position, especially with Yow Yeh & Kahu in weakened states.

No no no, I should've explained myself further. I used Hannant as an example because of how we lost him to the Bulldogs, who paid him overs at the time. Example wasn't meant for present day.

Therin lies the confusion with your earlier statement...........

I wonder if this could be a bit like the speech CEO's give right before they sack their coach.. "He has the boards full support". i get the feeling that White has said that to give the players a bit of security and confidence, hoping they'll play better because of it.

especially if the rumours in RLW week about us going hard at Thurston... FTR, i'm not so sure that would be a great signing for us. IMO, it would be nothing more than a short term fix, given that by 2014 he will be about 32

The fact is we only have a relatively short time to captilise this current crop before they start to age, some retire and others are poached by the cheque champs. If we dont strike and go hard for a premiership within the next 3 or 4 years this latest rebuilding phase has been a frustrating and massive waste of time.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Redfern_1980
  • Evander
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • john1420
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KickHaas
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.