Player Movements and Rumours 2012

does anyone know if thurston has penned a deal with the cowboys yet? and if not then why isn't andrew gee camping in JTs front yard so that everytime he comes out the front door he sees a broncos representative.... our club, as much as i love them, will not win a premiership until we have a genuine game breaker..... and i think JT is the man for the job. i realise he is still contracted until the end of next year but surely the broncs could make it worth the cowboys while for an early release.

does anyone know if thurston has penned a deal with the cowboys yet? and if not then why isn't andrew gee camping in JTs front yard so that everytime he comes out the front door he sees a broncos representative.... our club, as much as i love them, will not win a premiership until we have a genuine game breaker..... and i think JT is the man for the job. i realise he is still contracted until the end of next year but surely the broncs could make it worth the cowboys while for an early release.

There is no way that the Broncos will have the funds that it would take to lure him from the Cowboys, available under the cap

There is no way that the Broncos will have the funds that it would take to lure him from the Cowboys, available under the cap

as was mentioned above we've lost beale, teo and gagai, cull some more deadwood like anderson and norman ( on account of JT would be taking his spot) and i think in conjunction with some third party deals we could make a pretty decent offer.

I find it hard to believe that we don't have enough money in the cap to make a decent signing. I feel like most of the NRL teams have gotten stronger while we seem to be getting weaker.

Petero retiring too......and along with names already mentioned, there will be money freed up, surely

Yeah! AND we don't even have any young guys that need upgrades!

besides Yow Yeh, Glenn, Hunt, McCullough and 1 other guy (McGuire?) who we upgraded at the start of the season.

Our top 25 from the beginning of the year is difficult to find, however I doubt many, if any of Slyney, Wallace, Maranta, Whitechurch, Gibb and Capewell were included. Gillett and Te'o broke into rep' footy. Beale played test football at the end of last year. As did Parker. We would still be picking up Gagai's contract.

There is far more at play than what most think.

Te'o and Beale are gone so not sure how they have much to do with our salary cap for next year. I am pretty certain Gagai won't be in our cap next season as well

The cap is dynamic.. No two contracts would be the same and each is influenced by countless factors. They are back-ended, front-ended, laced with incentives or evenly dispersed over the entirety. As an example - Petero would be a fair whack under the cap this year. To allow for his arrival all those fellows we upgraded at the start of the year may only receive 40% of their contracted annual amount this season. The remaining 60% could be paid out with Petero's coin next year.

I'm merely offering an alternate view point. We really have no idea what's going on and are left with no option but to trust what White and Hook are up to. Aren't you captain loyalty anyhow?

I just find it hard to believe that we have no room in the cap! Not sure what loyalty has to do with that.

why in gods name would we be upgrading norman???

Because at the start of the season, he was our first choice No 6.

Some of the knocks on Norman are somewhat unwarranted. He had some pretty good games earlier in the season, no reason that he can't reproduce that form.

I think the earlier games were when the opposition didn't know that running the ball was just about his only play, and he made some linebreaks when they were unaware. He still didn't look comfortable in creating things, other than the two games with Hunt in the halves.

I'm not say we haven't got any money to spend under the cap, what i'm saying is it would take upwards of 800k a season to lure Thurston away from the Cowboys.

even with losing Petero, Gagai, Te'o and Beale (the latter 3 wouldn't have been on huge money) and once we have upgraded the guys we need to. we wouldn't have that sort of coin... but we may still have the coin to sign a quality player, just not in JT's league.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • bert_lifts
  • simplythebest
  • BroncosMan
  • Foordy
  • Pigskin
  • Mick_Hancock
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Emanon
  • sooticus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Johnny92
  • TimWhatley
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.