Player Movements and Rumours 2012

There is no way known the Broncos don't (or won't) have room in the cap for 2013 or especially 2014.
You don't lose Beale, Te'o and Civoniceva and upgrade relatively junior players and suddenly not have any room under a probable $5.5-$6 million salary cap. Just not possible.
He's definitely playing cards close to his chest.

And Lockyer's weighty pay packet is no longer in the mix either ... If Brisbane doesn't have any room in the salary cap at present, let alone for next year and beyond, then whoever is running the club's books should be taken out the back and shot ..

I'd just like to see Macca develop some more ruck variations with his forwards. Switches of play, decoy flat runner with second runner off the shoulder, that kind of thing. He's fairly one dimensional in that respect, and largely that'd be the game plan. I think we need variation just to ask the defence more questions.

His long kicking game needs to be used more too, especially early in the tackle count (3, 4) if we're getting pinned and the wingers are still up.

Most of all it's within the attacking zone he needs to be more decisive. If he's going to run, as he likes to do, pick the right moment. Otherwise the key is QUICK and QUALITY ball to the first receiver. That's an area he tends to be inconsistent with.

I'd like to see this more than anything, but it comes down more to coaching more than Maccas natural game IMO.

I'm sure any decent dummyhalf could perform such actions, as long as his forwards are coached to run such lines and therefore give the dummyhalf some options.

Macca seems to play off the cuff more often than not because we simply don't have any decent plays with the forwards involved.

Kind of a chicken vs egg arguement.

The thing is he's been threatening to be Smith-like for a few years now. Smith himself was established as one of the best hookers in the game only a couple of years into his career. Debuted in Origin after just one season.

Yeh Macca is probably one of our form players at the moment, but honestly that doesn't say a lot right now. I still think we need more from him.

Smith is pretty much the best hooker ever to be and probably will be. For people to be upset with maccas game because he is not as good as smith is ridiculous. Also the fact that Smith had debuted at hooker in his first season doesnt mean alot, cos who else was there in his first season, quality hookers at that time were no where to be seen for qld. Really, take out Smith, Farah and Luke name a hooker that is offering more than Macca, and if someone says Srama I swear to god...

Beau Falloon..... Ballin, De Gois, Keating, Rein, Buderus, Ennis, Friend

I think we may have lose the plot a bit. I doubt we will be signing any young halves or hookers. McCullough is going to be a ripper. He is only 23 and I expect a big year from him in 2013. The Broncos will back their own development paths or sign a reasonably high name.

Rein is a gun !!

Rein isn't even in the top two hookers at his club going forward. Evander Cummins and more specifically Cam King are superstars in the making. I'd be shocked if Rein has much more than what he's showing now. He's merely serviceable. Macca and Friend are the next best young prospects who have played a bit of first grade.

I think most people here are either underestimating or overestimating McCullough's abilities. I think he's alright, but he's not really a special player. He doesn't have the elite vision that Luke, Farah and especially Cam Smith have, and his intelligence is definitely questionable at times. He still has a fair bit of talent though, and I reckon with the right coaching and combinations he could definitely form part of a premiership winning spine. Still, I think he's much more of a strong contributor than a game breaker. Which is okay, not every hooker has to have that X-Factor. That said, to make the next jump as a team, Hoffman and Wallace can't both be in the 1 and 7 with Macca in the 9. There's just not enough game winning talent in that spine.

I think most people here are either underestimating or overestimating McCullough's abilities. I think he's alright, but he's not really a special player. He doesn't have the elite vision that Luke, Farah and especially Cam Smith have, and his intelligence is definitely questionable at times. He still has a fair bit of talent though, and I reckon with the right coaching and combinations he could definitely form part of a premiership winning spine. Still, I think he's much more of a strong contributor than a game breaker. Which is okay, not every hooker has to have that X-Factor. That said, to make the next jump as a team, Hoffman and Wallace can't both be in the 1 and 7 with Macca in the 9. There's just not enough game winning talent in that spine.

I dunno, Macca is capable of it I think. You see it when he has a massive game and you think why can't he do that every week.

I've no doubt he can have some monster games, I'm just not convinced than when he does it's a direct result of what he sees on the field. By no means does he have poor vision or anything, but his inconsistency is alarming in the sense that if he truly had that great vision he'd surely be doing more positives in every game. I could be wrong though -- maybe he sees something and fights the urge to do it because he's being coached not to. That's a problem I see with Ben Hunt -- he looks to have such incredible vision, but his execution is sometimes horrid. Probably a result of spending so much time at half as much as anything.

One thing I will say about McCullough though, is if he does have what it really takes, than both he and Hunt will be so much better off playing a full game each, and with each other.

Beau Falloon..... Ballin, De Gois, Keating, Rein, Buderus, Ennis, Friend

With the exemption of de gois and ballin you have to be kidding me. Falloon, keating??? why bother posting if your just gonna take the piss

Beau Falloon is a massive talent he will either unseat Srama next season or go elsewhere and make the Titans regret not giving him the gig.

With the exemption of de gois and ballin you have to be kidding me. Falloon, keating??? why bother posting if your just gonna take the piss

You should just take a deep breath before you post sometimes and realize ppl are allowed to have a different point of view from you.

The way I see it, there's 4 hookers who stand out amongst the pack - Smith, Farah, Luke & Ballin. Then you have a log-jam of basically the rest then guys like Kingston, Payne & Keating (who in fairness, was in good form this year).

You'll notice a lot of the players in that log-jam are around 21-22, they're still polishing their craft. What I've seen of Macca, and what others have seen is that this kid has a ton of class & if he wants to, he could really become a premier player in the game. There's a reason why Lockyer constantly talks this kid up.

I'm sure you could make a list of best 2012 hookers but it'd be like splitting hairs & no doubt the list would change dramatically next year.

Agreed, throw in a fit Ennis. Though even Luke is struggles with consistency. It's probably the toughest gig on the field. You're expected to play 80, get trough a tonne of tackling and then be fresh enough to run from ruck to ruck and make decisions with the ball.

can somebody post a rumour about a movement to the Broncos pertaining to a player with speed, footwork or creativity ... just one of the 3 would be fine

Oink !

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Stix
  • Tristan1990
  • Mr Fourex
  • mitch222
  • eggstar10
  • heartly87
  • maddo
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • teampjta
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Jason Simmons
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • Xzei
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.