Player Movements and Rumours 2012

can somebody post a rumour about a movement to the Broncos pertaining to a player with speed, footwork or creativity ... just one of the 3 would be fine

Oink !
There was a rumour we were after Hodkinson. He's better than anyone else we have at the moment, so I guess it would be a step up?

David Stagg looks like being released by the Dogs, he would be a good depth signing at the very least. Someone to do a lot of work in the middle and let Sam play wide where he belongs.

Agree, not sure he'd make our first team but would be a very handy depth player when we inevitably have players injured.

I'd be very disappointed if Te'o was in our losses column and Stagg was in our gains.

David Stagg looks like being released by the Dogs, he would be a good depth signing at the very least.

Been there done that.

Us signing ex players, stinks of desperation. (we aren't that desperate yet, or are we)

That is why I said he would be a very handy DEPTH player. He'd have been damn handy the last month or so when we've had injuries to our back row.

I'd be down if he wanted ~ 100K

Have a lot of time for Staggy and we could use some experienced heads. I'm completely different to Kaz and think when we recruit players I'd like them to be former Broncos who know the drill. It's why I didn't have a problem with Carlaw coming back.

I'm not particularly a fan of him but as a depth signing he's pretty good, good attitude and handy backup player.

It's why I didn't have a problem with Carlaw coming back.

and how has that worked out?

If he's on anything more than 30K it's been a waste of money.

As for David Stagg.......mehh, don't know why we'd be looking at backrowers. Certainly not really going to impact the side one way or another. Money would be better spent elsewhere or saved

Carlaw was released at the end of last year.

He was pretty handy for us, particularly around the Origin period when we were low on troops.

Our problem isn't really defense. It's a lack of cohesion and combinations and creativity, and Stagg has none of that. Maybe for 50-80k I'd say he's good depth, but wouldn't pay a cent over that for him. We already have guys like Parker and McGuire and Hannant who can do good work up the middle. Unless it's a prop or strong offloading, hole running backrower I don't think we should be looking at forwards.

Wouldn't mind us taking a look at Carlos Tuimavave either. He looks pretty good as far prospects go and he's a five-eight and fullback.

Bellamy and Thurston 2014

Source: my arse. But if it did happen how would you feel?

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • The Strapper
  • davidp
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • eggstar10
  • Broncs1459
  • Tristan1990
  • Stix
  • Dexter
  • Justwin
  • heartly87
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • mitch222
  • maddo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.