Player Movements and Rumours 2012

I'd say we're no chance of signing Johnson, but damn, I'd love it if we somehow snared him.

The best thing about him is his unpredictability - something we severely lack.

And with locky giving him the odd pearl of wisdom

What has Shaun Johnson really done so far in his career to warrant the circle jerk? Sure he has showed signs of individual brilliance at various stages, and may go on to be an exceptional player, but he's not really the consistent type of playmaker with hardened experience that I think the broncos as a team need right now.

There is a reason he was dropped from the warriors team, and it's because he's been in terrible form this year. Maybe he's one of those players who has a good first year, but then once teams work his game out, it just doesn't stand up to week-to-week footy.

On current form, he would just become the Broncos version of Chris Sandow.

I don't think the Broncos actually need an experienced hardened halfback. We have one. What we lack is someone who can instinctively create attacking opportunities. Wallace certainly can't. Norman people talk up being able to but I'm yet to see it. Hunt has potential but he hasn't shown anything to back it up really.

Johnson has that ability.

With Macca and Wallace organising the troops and getting the go forward happening, Johnson then chiming in to capitalise on the momentum, I can see that working. And of all the options out there, he's probably he most available and cheapest.

Yes it'd probably mean kissing Norman and/or Hunt good bye, but that's the nature of footy.

I like Johnson and would love to chuck him next to Wallace, Sandow can gagf though.

I'm sure i read an article recently that said Johnson was looking at going to play Rugby Sevens for NZ soon anyway.

Maybe this might speed up his decision ?

johnson has alot of work to do to become a premier half still - although the broncos could/would turn him into one.

They haven't had much success with Hunt and Norman, though, so why would they fare any better with Johnson? Not saying I'm against injecting new blood, but I think there has to be a change in the coaching first - not getting rid of Griffin, but bringing someone in as an assistant who can help improve the offense and coach up these young guys.

What has Shaun Johnson really done so far in his career to warrant the circle jerk? Sure he has showed signs of individual brilliance at various stages, and may go on to be an exceptional player, but he's not really the consistent type of playmaker with hardened experience that I think the broncos as a team need right now.

There is a reason he was dropped from the warriors team, and it's because he's been in terrible form this year. Maybe he's one of those players who has a good first year, but then once teams work his game out, it just doesn't stand up to week-to-week footy.

On current form, he would just become the Broncos version of Chris Sandow.

possibly, but there's a fair amount of evidence to suggest he was playing under a relatively dud coach this year too .. It would appear that the Warriors players generally are the type that need to be kept on a tight leash, so to speak. They need a coach who can instill a bit of dicipline and structure .. McClellan's tactical nous seemed to extend little further than "go out and rip their f**ken heads off" ..

The warriors are renound for their 'calypso' footy but imo they're at their best when they've got their defense in order and are grinding out low scoring wins. And it's no surpirse that the Warriors historically have had the most success under Australian coaches as opposed to NZ coaches..

Anyway, the point to all this is that Johnson could be a great fit at the broncos as part of a system & culture that preaches responsibility and dicipline. At his best, he's exactly what the broncos need and would complement Wallace in the halves nicely

Johnson is a lot more talented.

I thought that was obvious, he's clearly better than both Hunt and Norman.

Seriously, give him 300-400k for a 3 year contract, just do it. What ever the Warriors are paying we should offer him more.

I love Ben Hunt, think he's got potential to be a Test half. But he's developing too slowly (not all his fault). Johnson showed last year what he's capable of behind a pack that's going forward. Broncos can provide that.

Make it happen.

Unfortunately I get the feeling Gee isn't even considering it.

If anyone has his personal number spam him and tell him to go after Johnson.

I will send a message to that email asking him to sign Shaun Johnson.

Ok email sent.

I will update you guys with any progress.

Active Now

• maddo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.