Player Movements and Rumours 2012

I'd prefer Johnson over JT purely for the fact that he wouldn't be playing Origin!

its just pure speculation on my behalf but i swear everytime a player answers those contract questions the way JT did it means they'll sign with a new club.

"yeah i want to stay, but you know, i've gotta look out for whats best for me and my family, and i'll be looking around"
"look i dont want to talk to anyone about it until this seasons over"

Unless the Cowboys pull a Cullen/Bennett & f**k the deal up I can't see him leaving.

Would have loved him at the Broncos, champion player who would make all the difference in the world to this place but I can't see it happening. Let's hope that Hunt follows in the foot steps of Cronk & discovers his potential at 23.

We'd be better off signing the next JT if we're thinking long term and that'd either be Shaun Johnson (unlikely) or Ben Barba (more likely than Johnson but still unlikely).

Think we're stuck with what we've got, let's just hope Norman learns from this season & Hook stops using Hunt from dummy half.

anyone read the story a day or two after the dogs game with Barba's old man ? Said his son would have loved to have played for the Broncos but they passed on him due to his size ..

Sorry to interrupt the debate.

Anyone who watches QLD cup can let me know how Mitch Buckett goes?

We have signed him for the next 2 years. He is said to be similar to Matt King in the style of footy he plays but obviously rarely get to see a lot of Qld Cup down here.

Sorry to interrupt the debate.

Anyone who watches QLD cup can let me know how Mitch Buckett goes?

We have signed him for the next 2 years. He is said to be similar to Matt King in the style of footy he plays but obviously rarely get to see a lot of Qld Cup down here.

you've got some fantastic accountants down there in Rabbit land ....

I don't remember watching any Sunny Coast games this year.

you've got some fantastic accountants down there in Rabbit land ....

How so? We have about 4-5 players from Norths contracted to us (I believe) leaving, so assuming Mitch will replace those while waiting for his chance. I assume he would only be on around $70k with bonuses if he makes first grade.

Based on what?

Probably on the fact JT has had his share of injuries in the past, and from this point on any injury is going to be harder to heal and impact more on his famous show and go (particularly knees).

Not to mention DT leaving too. To be a Broncos fan and say others are over the cap based on the players they have is extremely rich.

Based on what?

Probably on the fact JT has had his share of injuries in the past, and from this point on any injury is going to be harder to heal and impact more on his famous show and go (particularly knees).
This.

Just look how elusive Lockyer was in his prime and how much he slowed down towards the end, that being said he had knee problems.

Not to mention DT leaving too. To be a Broncos fan and say others are over the cap based on the players they have is extremely rich.

Why not?? Our squad isn't exactly brimming with superstars yet other clubs continue to strengthen their squads.

Other clubs didn't decide to re-sign Peter Wallace. Not to mention that the upgrades of McGuire, Glenn, Gillett etc. would probably start to kick in now. Dont get me wrong, I definitely think we should have room to sign somebody. Maybe we are just being proud and obnoxious in thinking our youth can solve all our issues. Point being I think it's rich to say Souths are over the cap just because they have some good players (finally)

Other clubs didn't decide to re-sign Peter Wallace. Not to mention that the upgrades of McGuire, Glenn, Gillett etc. would probably start to kick in now. Dont get me wrong, I definitely think we should have room to sign somebody. Maybe we are just being proud and obnoxious in thinking our youth can solve all our issues. Point being I think it's rich to say Souths are over the cap just because they have some good players (finally)

Certainly is rich saying Souths are over the cap after signing a QLD cup player I will give you that.

Except that all our players bar Wallace came through the system, which is a very different thing from putting big offers on the table to entice other club's players.

I very much doubt that Greg Inglis, Dave Taylor or Ben Te'o, Sam Burgess, Mick Crocker, Matt King, Issac Luke and Roy Asotasi come cheaper than Thaiday, Yow Yeh, Glenn, Hannant, Wallace, Civo and Hodges, whom I will assume are the highest salary earners at the Broncos currently...

any chance we can f@#k souths up like they did with us with inglis and keep teo. take lui and dodds instead

Active Now

• ostin86
  • bert_lifts
  • NSW stables
  • Emanon
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.