Player Movements and Rumours 2012

Josh Hoffman has large mental and phsyical problems. KHunt and Dugan were/are bigger fullbacks who get/got belted but could handle it, I would also say he doesn't have the 1000 MPH style of either of those two in terms of creating even more occassions for heavy contact. It reminds me a bit of Willie Carne basically being ruined by high shots (although Carne was far more talented than Hoffman).

Honestly though, anything is better than the current version of Hoffman and if this guy has a bit of flair about him and could potentially create more points for our pathetically undergunned attack I couldn't care how small he is. Barba and Bowen are small but don't get hurt alot because they are quick, agile and incredibly tough for their size.

Small fullbacks are great in attack......but in defence they can be a liability. Both Barba and Bowen have at times been criticised about the way they attack the high ball and both have been monstered as the last line of defence. A sneak preview in the vid here shows Bond to have similar deficiencies.....

I think the signing is a bit mehh!

It's a depth signing, nothing more really.

I wonder if capewell gets another year

Yep he was largely ineffective when he did manage to get a game. No fault of his though - he's just way back in the pecking order for positions...

Yep he was largely ineffective when he did manage to get a game. No fault of his though - he's just way back in the pecking order for positions...

Absolutely, and then to throw him in for a few games as the bench hooker and give him less than 10 minutes was ludicrous.

I think one of Hook's biggest challenges in the offseason is learning how to use a ****ing bench.

The Broncos can expect similar pressure in the off-season, with fans and sponsors wanting to know why things will be different in 2013.

Meanwhile young Broncos hooker Kurt Baptiste is believed to be in the sights of Newcastle Knights.

While the Aspley junior has a year remaining on his contract, it is believed Brisbane would be willing to grant him a release, given Andrew McCullough has a mortgage on the No.9 jumper at Red Hill.

Baptiste has been playing for Intrust Super Cup affiliate Norths.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ss-might-be-more/story-e6frep76-1226471386880

Sounds like the transfer could still be on.

Why not organise a trade of some sort? Sick of giving Knights hand outs. They've already taken 3 of our best juniors.

Who would we want from the knights if a trade was an option?

Well given they wouldn't give up Uate I'd say the next best thing would be a few pounds of heroin.

I'd take Kev Naiqama or Dane Gagai (don't care how stupid it would seem).

A mate bumped into Hunt's dad (I think) recently & said he won't be a bronco next contract.

Thats been posted a few times now from different sources, as they say, where there's smoke....

A mate bumped into Hunt's dad (I think) recently & said he won't be a bronco next contract.

I don't really have a problem with it. If he improves dramatically, I'm sure he'd be able change his mind after he secures a spot and get a decent contract over here. But if he keeps playing the way he has, it's no big loss.

Well it's kinda like playing Cameron Smith on the wing. He'd probably do a job for you but it's a total waste of his abilities.

Hunt has not been used properly in first grade, either by Henjak or Griffin. I can't see it changing either, so I hope he does go elsewhere, lands a starting halfback spot and shows everyone what he's capable of. Because I think he's the real deal.

Everyone knows what I think of him so if he wants out I say let him go

Jake Marketo was released by the Dragons today. He apparently wants to come home to SE Qld. Wouldn't be a bad pick up - as a backrower who plays in the middle - to provide some extra flexibility now Teo is gone.

How does Dane Hogan go?? He was with the Cowboys but he is moving back to Brisbane. Is he any good?

Active Now

• Pablo
  • NSW stables
  • OnToSomething
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • xilliun
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.