Player Movements and Rumours 2012

reeeeeally?

If our club signed a money hungry mercenary who walked out on a contract mid season, then it's pretty much turned it's back on anything I liked about it so I might as well support a club that has a history of it (oh hai, Jamie Lyon!).

Brett Finch wants to come back to Australia. Has the competitiveness that Wallace has but actually knows how to set up tries. He is a bit of a tool on the field but we could do a lot worse than bring a guy like him to the club. He is also a guy that has been in plenty of successful teams both the strong Roosters sides as well as the Storm along with NSW when they were going pretty well.

Wouldn't mind Finch tbh, he's not a bad player. Finch would be a high quality signing for I would assume not a big asking price.

Do you think his play style would work well with Wallace though?

I am more interested if his style would suit the style of Hunt or Kahu to be honest.

Finch is far too similar to Wallace IMO. I reckon it would be a bit of a disaster in attack.

I am more interested if his style would suit the style of Hunt or Kahu to be honest.

Perhaps but me and you both know Wallace isn't going to get dropped. There's more chance of Inglis catching a plane here.

Perhaps but me and you both know Wallace isn't going to get dropped. There's more chance of Inglis catching a plane here.

Well I reckon there's a pretty decent chance we get a home game against Souths next year. Plus we host a couple of Origins :)

The Wallace hate is almost too much, might have to just let it slide from now on.

Wallace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finch.

You guys need your heads checked.

Wallace >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Finch.

You guys need your heads checked.

I don't want finch to replace Wallace but he's not a bad pickup, if nothing but to put real pressure on Norman's position.

The Wallace hate is behind a joke, it's pathetic really

Wallace hate isn't justified. But neither is Wallace love. That's kind of the problem. Not an awful player you can happily flick aside, but just not a great game winner either.

No one 'hates' Wallace, they just don't rate him as highly as others.

I reckon we should convince Sam Tomkins to give the NRL a crack. I know it is only Super League but he scored 28 tries and setup 33 this year. That is crazy for a fullback!

That's some crazy statistics. I don't buy the whole super league thing anyway. Every player that's come from there recently has been great.

Doesn't get much lower than wanting to sign Finch.

Granted, when he was in career worse form I wanted him dropped but when he's not playing with a bung shoulder and we've got a fair compliment of players he's better than most in the competition.

Tomkins is a good 'un. I was skeptical because most of the English backs tend to suck but Tomkins is the best I've seen since Brian Carney and I'd dare say he's even better than that.

Carney was an out an out finisher really (albeit a bloody good one), this Tomkins guy obviously has a bit of ball playing in him to come up with stats like that. The couple of times I have seen him for England he hasn't stood out whether he has improved or whether it is hard to be prominent when your side is getting beaten I don't know.

He was great against the Kiwis and was a threat against us when we played them for the first time in the competition.

You're right, he's a different player to Carney but I was just giving him a wrap because Carney was bloody good too. I'd say Tomkins is better and as long as he doesn't get poached by Union (which is League's biggest challenge over there at the moment) then he may really threaten us Aussies over the next decade.

Bit weary about signing Poms to key playmaking positions but if the money is right I wouldn't have a problem with throwing him in at fullback.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wild Horse
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Muros
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrtij
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • BroncosAlways
  • NSW stables
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • KnToad
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.